Burn Notice

No Good Deed

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jul 14, 2011 on USA

• 7/14

7.6
    "No Good Deed" is a fun little episode for two reasons. One is that we had a nice little case of the week, the clients they were helping were as annoying as a day at the DMV, but the villain today was perfect and it ended in an explosive way, no pun intended. Secondly, we had a nice twist at the end with Max dying and Michael being set up for the case. If this introduces us to a new character for Mr. Westen to clash with then I am all for it. A good storyline, a good case of the week and more building being done by this show. Because of that I have to give this a positive score.
  • Strong episode, shocking ending. (Spoilers)

Burn Notice began it's 5th season well but slow. The premiere brought us to the present date and showed us where the characters have been and how they've advanced between Season 4 and 5. The next 2 episodes focused on Michael's paranoia with the people that burned him, not wanting to let go. The one thing lacking: actual advances in the plot.

The one thing it did have, however, were a few CIA missions with Michael and his partner Max. This allowed for their relationship to build as Max and Michael worked together more and eventually bonded. This also allowed for the viewers to bond with him as well.

So imagine the look on my face when I saw Max's dead body lying on the floor, shot twice and bleeding out. Michael, not knowing what to do, picks up the weapon next to him and decides to chase down the man that shot Max, who he never got a good look of. At the end, we find out Michael is going to be framed for Max's murder, officially opening up the plot for the 5th season. I say it's about damn time!

But I like the way they handled Max. They got us attatched to him and then his death was a huge shock abd sadness. Great job BN writers! I'm so happy to see that after 5 seasons and a 6th one confirmed, Burn Notice is still on top of it's game. This season is going to be great.

As for the client, nothing special except for an excellent guest star in Eve and Big Show. There was also a nice twist in the client around half way through with Michael being drugged. I mean, nothing ever happens to Michael!

Overview:
    +Max dead; shocking twist in season-long plot.
    +Great acting