Burn Notice

USA (ended 2013)

w4u

Burn Notice Fan Reviews (212)

• just right

I love this show because I love spies, heists, and rooting for the underdog. Moreover I like a bit of easy escapism (to Miami's warm and sunny climate), some suspended reality (how many times can you escape a building that's surrounded?), and a show that isn't intent on gratuitous sex, violence and language to try and draw attention to itself. It's light hearted fare for a friday night where the good guys usually win. It doesn't take itself too seriously and you end up feeling like you want to try one of those "spy tips" some time.

I had some serious concerns over the direction of the show at the beginning of season 5, and the styling of the show at the beginning of season 6. Mostly because it's dangerous to mess with a winning formula. However a winning formula can only last for so long before people get bored, so I understand the reason behind the changes. Somehow Burn Notice continues to work for me though, and I'm always excited for the next episode. At the end of the day, the characters have me hooked, so I'm very forgiving of any bumps along the way in terms of plot or styling.

For those of you who have been hooked from the beginning, you'll appreciate this. My wife and I had this conversation the other day... how will they end the show? Michael old and grey writing his "memoirs" and flashing back? One of the main characters dying? Michael and Fi settling down? My personal preference... the four main characters (sam jessie fiona michael) walking off into the Miami sunset, ready to fight more bad guys, but with the story left untold, leaving it up to each individual viewer to fill in the future for themselves.

What do you think?