Burn Notice

Sins of Omission

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Feb 26, 2009 on USA

• Samantha, Michael's ex-fiance shows up and Michael and Fiona have to help her get out of trouble. In the meantime Michael's Mom stays with him because Victor is loose and Michael needs to speak with him before he does something bad like kill someone.

I really enjoy this show and I have too say this episode really sounded great in the preview but just didn't deliver. The ex-fiance bit was poorly done and the interaction was stiff in general. Fiona was cute with her jealousy bit and Michael really revealed something big to Fiona (and his Mother) late in the episode, but other than that the job itself was pretty lame.

The main bad guy Brennan wasn't overly clever. Actually he came across as sort of an oaf. The break in at the end was somewhat interesting, but not up to the usual show standards.

I think you sort of wait for the Michael/Victor encounter to finally happen and when that occurred there was some satisfaction in that scene. Maybe a little more Sam might have fixed the storyline. Not sure in general. It had all the pieces to make it work it just didn't seem to come together.

I gave the 7.5 score because I don't think I cared what happened to the Samantha character or really found the Brennan character that dangerous compared to Michael's usual challenges. The actors were fine, but the writing just was not up to the level of the second season in general.

I am looking forward to the season finale and to next season just the same.
CW