Burn Notice

Split Decision

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jul 19, 2012 on USA

• Split Decision

The episode was a little uneven at times here today, and a bit out of control with what they pulled off, but I liked the Sam and Rebecca moments, and the hour did fly by. Few Burn Notices episodes are bad, and while I didn't like the exaggerated concepts on display tonight, this was not one of those bad episodes.
  • excellent

Very intense show tonight, and a big step up from last week's cheesy episode. I like the way Rebecca fits in, although I wouldn't want her role to be permanent (Team Westen is big enough as is). One of my running gripes about the show is how either Maddy or Nate is always in on some mission now, planting bugs or doing something neither of them should have any idea how to do.

What has me concerned is next week's episode. The promo stated pretty clearly that someone is going to die. If you've been watching this show long enough, you know how the writers operate when we have a promise that 'somebody' will die or be exposed as a traitor or whatever. Combine that with what we already know about next week's plotline, and I know exactly who Burn Notice is killing off. I won't spoil it though. Sometimes I wish I didn't watch as much TV and didn't see stuff like this coming a mile away...