But Can They Sing?

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 30, 2005 on VH1

4.4
  • The worst music contest I have ever seen.

The host looked like Bruce Willis on an acid trip. They kept having him say the show title with a very silly echo. On most singing contests, they do some screening to make sure that at least one talented person makes it. This is not the case with this show. Without exception, the wannabe's stunk. Not a single one of them can carry a tune, much less got on to singing stardom. This is a shameful cash grab for VH1. It is defiling for the pseudo celebs to be doing this. They say the proceeds of the show are going to charity. They all must really want to contribute to the "I can't sing worth a dime." foundation. The absolute worse singer was Bai Ling. She rolled on the floor in a Madonna like pink outfit. She sang something that sounded like a Madonna record on vinyl that had been left out in the sun too long. This she drops the skirt part of her dress. I just wanted to tell her to put it back on and seek professional help. The best two performances of the night were by Larry Holmes who don't speak no good english and the blue power ranger. When I am 100 years old, I will look back on the day that I watched tha show, and ask myself why I wasted that hour. I could have done so much more.