Buzz Lightyear of Star Command

Disney Channel (ended 2001)

Rtkat3

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Fan Reviews (24)

7.7
  • need a show about his daughter jill

I think his daughter and son work at star command and go to school and see a movie about his wedding with ozma so meet jillian their daughter and davy if that you spell it also their son and maybe buzz have hair now
  • Sort of liked

Few ep (01)
  • They need to bring this show back

Why did they have to cancel this show?They need to bring this show back.
  • With plenty of funny moments, great stories, and excellent characters, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command proves that some spin offs can work if done right

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command was the first and only spin off based on the movie series, Toy Story. You know how most spin offs are bad? Well Buzz Lightyear proves there are some spin offs that work. The show is about Buzz Lightyear, a Space Ranger, who works with 2 aliens, Mira and Booster, and a robot named XR. Together they defend the galaxy from the evil emperor Zurg and other galactic menaces. The premise may not sound interesting at first, but it has plenty of original ideas that make the show very watchable. All of Buzz's team members are funny and memorable. XR always overreacts resulting in him exploding. Booster is a klutz, and Mira tries to be serious but fails and ends up being fooled most of the time. The three eyed aliens from the movies are also in the series and provide good comedy as well. Zurg is also humorous with him providing some comedy by acting stupid, but he is mostly evil and menacing. There are also evil spirits and curses and robots that are trying to take over the galaxy as well. The artwork and animation is extremely well done. The planet and set designs are unique and original if not inspired, and the characters have interesting designs. There is also character development for most of the characters of the show and we learn about them as the show goes on. My only complaint was that in a little less than a year, this show got canceled. Why? This show was just brilliant and was beloved by many. It shouldn't have gotten the ax so soon and should have been on for at least 6 years before canceling it. This is truly a wonderful show that never had a chance and needs to be brought back. If you can find this show on TV, check it out or see if you can watch it on the internet. I highly recommend this show to you.
  • A big mistake a lot of people make is compare Buzz Lightyear of Star Command to Toy Story—but they couldn't be more wrong!

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command is often considered a spin-off series of Toy Story. While that may be partially true, you mustn't enter it thinking you will be seeing all your favourite Toy Story characters again. No, the only familiar faces in this show belong to Buzz Lightyear himself and the three-eyed aliens, the Little Green Men (or LGMs for short). Beyond that, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command is a brand-new show and a great, wholesome experience, especially for science fiction lovers who don't mind getting a laugh or two out of tongue-in-cheek humour.

You'll meet fun characters like Booster, the kind-hearted and food-loving Jo-Adian; XR, the wise-cracking, womanising robot; and Mira Nova, the independent and down-to-earth Tangean Princess. Together with Buzz, they make up Team Lightyear and see that the galaxy remains a safe place. But perhaps even better than the main characters themselves are the villains; they might appear flat and stereotypical at first, but when you see how, for example, Gravitina is mocked simply for having an abnormally large head, it brings out a curious and interesting depth to them that could have been further exploited.

You'll get a lot of laughs out of this show, as well as a few head-scratchers. (You know how cartoons can be sometimes with bending the law of physics for the sake of funny—in this show's case, with objects or people colliding into their ship from time to time but still somehow remaining intact.) By far some of the funniest exchanges in the show happen between Buzz and his arch nemesis, the Evil Emperor Zurg. Zurg, despite being the main villain and a dangerous man, is also very charismatic and has some of the best lines in the show. He can be capable when he wants to be, coming up with clever plans that nearly work, but like anyone who has his ups and downs, he's had a few schemes that are best left unsaid.

Perhaps Buzz Lightyear of Star Command was produced in the wrong decade. Although the nineties sure had some of the best shows around, I believe that a plot arc would have suited Buzz Lightyear of Star Command much better, like Gargoyles, Avatar: The Last Airbender, or even Men n Black: The Series, a show that was a lot like Buzz Lightyear of Star Command in some areas. Its lack of direction in a main plot is the show's only real drawback, or else I would be giving Buzz Lightyear of Star Command a 10/10 like it deserves.

Get the hint, Disney! Release this show on DVD!

• Buzz Lightyear of Star Command is a good show. Just not the best show.

It's about Toy Story Buzz Lightyear only his not a toy anymore. He is really cocky, but he is the leader of the Team Lightyear. (Buzz's last name). A werid robot who most of the time thinks only of his self. A gir; who can faze through walls when she's up to it. And a big fat guy..... 'nough said.
  • BRING IT BACK!!

I used to love this show as a kid. I had all the figures, bought the video game for the PC, and watched the cartoon every day. I was a huge Buzz Lightyear fanatic. It had a good plot, decent animation, and a nice balance between comedy and action. I especially liked episodes with NOS4A2 or XL. When I think back to the time I was a kid, I miss this show. I know it's not going happen, but I really wish they would bring it back with new episodes. This was one of my favorie shows of all time, and I wish there was a place I could see the old episodes again.
  • Man it was such a lone time ago when I watched this.

OK,it wasn't that long ago but it feels like it.
    This show aired around 2000 and 2001 and I am 15 so that is about half my life.
    Any way from what I remember from the show is that Zurg was a goff ball,
    Buzz was kinda stubern,Mira was the only one who would stand up to to Buzz,Booster was a cluts and XR almost always got blown up on ever mission.
    Now to what I think of the show to be honest for me it was a perfect show that could do no wrong,from the little green men aka the LGMs to the XR's evil brother(XL)it felt like the best thing in the world.
    So just yesterday I remembered it and found myself wanting to tell someone of how totally awesome Patrick Warburton is as famed space ranger.
    Finely I just want to say that I was worried that the show was never going to be as good as I remember it. But after looking at the other reviews placed under this one.I have high hopes that when I get the change to watch it again maybe I can see if it's YouTubed or some kind of repute on TV.

I strongly recommended this show

"To infinity and beyond"
  • Smiles people

I love the movie toy story, ever sense i was a kid.
    Buzz was awesome to a child and i watched it over and over agian, but when i started thinking...what is star command like, i started to wish there was a buz lightyear movie.
    Then! they made one, which is actually a good movie -even if it is for kids lol. Any way after i watched that a bunch they came out with this show on saturday mornings and that was B.A so i watched it alot and now that im older i still like that show, it was awesome!
  • Its okay but not as good as the Toy Story movies.

This show is okay but not as good as the Toy Story movies, which this series spins off of. I would have liked a Toy Story series more but hey. At least it got a TV show. Voice talents like Patrick Warburton brightened up the show. And so did bringing in Mira Nova and Booster from the animated movie.

I remember when I first watched this series about 5 years ago. I watched it like crazy because I liked it. I still thought the Toy Story movies were better, though but it's still a good show.

Overall, this was just about an okay spin-off of the Toy Story movies and the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command movie proceeding this show in 2000. It actually did pretty fine with 62 episodes. I think this show should have been a success.
  • Buzz Lightyear and friends battle evil in a whole new series...

I don't know why this show ended so early. This was a pretty good show decent plots, good jokes here and there. I really liked it and I can't believe how Disney could end this great show so fast. It is filled with lots of action and almost every episode had and interesting plot. Some episodes were kind of boring, but it was a pretty good show. I wish Disney would bring it back, it was a really great show! I can't believe how Disney replaced it for shows like Phineas and Ferb, and Emperor's School, and Replacements. This show was actually an interesting Disney cartoon!
  • Its a good show i think.

When I was younger, I enjoyed cartoons and this was one of them. I still do watch them once in a while. About a week ago I came across a dust covered, vhs copy of Buzz lightyear of star command:The adventure begins. Having nothing else to do, I popped it in my vcr and watched it for the first time in a long time...I thought it was still pretty good! I remembered that there was a tv show of it but I was dissapointed to find its BARELY ever on. Still I think its a really good show and im glad its still on the air. Its a classic!
  • Set in the "Toy Story" universe, this is the show that inspired the Buzz Lightyear toy line.

Well, where do I begin? I am a huge fan of Pixar and the Toy Story movies, which are by far my favorite of their creations. Back when this show first orginally aired and I saw the promos, I thought to myself, well here's Disney selling out again. But at the time I didn't know what they making. Just recently in the last few months while staying up late, I've came across a few interesting things on tv and this show was one of them. Airing late at around 2 AM in the morning, I first found myself annoyed that the Disney channel even had it on, but thanked the heavens that at least it was on latenight tv. Then when I realized that nothing else was on, I found myself going back to it again and again. Overtime I got used to it, then I started to like it. Now I find myself staying up just to watch it. I mean don't get me wrong, Zurg could be a little more evil and a little less goofy, and the character Booster annoys me. But overall this show is enjoyable and written well enough, so you can enjoy it without feeling as though you're watching another Disney sell out money making machine.
  • A Classic

This show is a Disney cartoon classic, but unfortunately like many of its other great cartoons eg. Ariel and House of Mouse it has been cancelled because of the stupid not going over 65 episodes rule. Anyway, on to the show, it's set before Buzz Lightyear comes to earth because you never hear any mention of humans or Woody and the gang. He works on a space station called Star Command, trying to save the world from various villains, the main one being the evil emperor Zurg but there's also others. Buzz has help to defend the galaxy though, with Princess Mira Nova, Booster and Robot XR. A very good show!!
  • This was very entertaining

At first i never thought i would watch this. BUt then when i stayed home with the flu and nothing else was on i watched it. It was really cute. I enjoyed the character of buzz the idiot leader and his hapless team of misfits. They kinda blumber their way around the galaxy fighting the the evil empereor Zurg. the team has thier own back stories and unique histories that help make this show entertaining. I think its cute how it is based on the characher from toy story. Even hte voice cast was perfect for the show. It was a guilty pleasure.
  • I had liked Buzz Lightyear and Zurg. I will watch "Buzz Lightyear of star command" on TV. Buzz and Zurg are fighting. Is Zurg Buzz's father? Buzz and his best friends were saving the world from the evil darkness. Can Zurg capture Buzz? Good. Buzz is hero.

7.4
    I will watch "Buzz Lightyear of star command" on TV. I had liked Buzz Lightyear and Zurg. Buzz and Zurg are fighting. Is Zurg Buzz's father? Buzz and his best friends were saving the world from the evil darkness. Can Zurg capture Buzz? Good. Buzz is hero. Zurg is evil.
  • Buzz Lightyear is a descent show.

Buzz Lightyear the series is a descent show worth watching. It's a great spin from the Toy Story movies. There are about 6 episodes that they don't seem to play on Toon Disney though and I really wish they would. I hate it when Disney does this because we feel like we're being cheated. Anyway, watch Buzz, it's pretty good.
  • It's a good show with nice action, but it could have been better

7.2
    There's nothing wrong with this show. I like it, but it could have been improved with the fight scenes and things like that. The animation is very well done and the voice acting is fine. This show is quite underrated when a lot of people tend to overlook this show, I feel it is better than what some people find it to be!

Overall, I think this is an entertaining show which is nice for anyone to watch.
  • To infinity and beyond

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, is about 5 space rangers Buzz, Mira, Booster, and xr. Who try to foil the wise-cracking Emperor Zurg, The show is funny, it has Buzz Lightyear from toy story (my favorite character), a beautiful princess, a farmer, and a robot, that make up team lightyear. I haven't watched the show in a while because I dont get the channel. But its still a cool show whats not to love.
  • I like the show a lot. I've been watching it on Toon Disney and am seeing it as a good show now. The animation may not be the best, but the action is still good. I like all of the characters, the villains are all great. Plus I love all.

• Pretty good show. Could have been better.

Buzz lightyear is no batman or superman, but he is still cool. The buzz lightyear show was good. It was not the best "superhero" show on T.V. but it had potential. The show followed Buzz lightyear of Star Command on his adventures to defeat the evil Zurg. It had star wars feel to it.
  • A great sci-fi cartoon with lots of action, humor, and tons of references to other sci-fi shows and movies.

This is one of Disney's best shows in years. You've got Buzz Lightyear, but not as a toy, but as a Space Ranger.

The show is it's own little universe, with all sorts of different planets and no mention of Earth. The planets are the standard scifi settings: Tradeworld, a planet entirely covered with a city and is a den of scum and villainy, the much nicer looking Capital Planet, where the Galactic Alliance resides and Star Command orbits around, and Planet Z, the desolate headquarters of the Evil Emperor Zurg. There are lots more planets, but these three are where most of the show takes place.

The writing is excellent most of the time. The characters all have their unique personalities, as well as various quirks, so no character seems like a carbon copy of someone else. The villains are wonderful, from the former ranger Warp Darkmatter to the whole way up to Zurg, the villains can be funny but not above blowing up ships and stealing everything that isn't nailed down. The plots are usually good, the standard sci-fi parody sort of thing, with lots of action weaved in there for good measure.

It's a very good show, it has it's limits sometimes but overall it's great.
  • Excellent show

I find myself watching this show more and more lately. The voice artists are a hoot, especially Patrick Warburton as Buzz. He sometimes makes me forget that Tim Allen was the original Buzz.It's nice see Buzz's life in space. All the characters are fun to watch and the animation is great. It's an excellent transition from PIXAR animation to normal television cartoon animation we are all used to seeing.
  • good

6.7