Byrds of Paradise Forums

ABC (ended 1994)

This was a great show! Episode #12?

Captain59

[1]May 19, 2006
    • level: 5
    This was an example of a great show that wasn't given a chance. Does anyone know what happened to Episode #12? It was unaired, but I heard a rumor that it was played by an ABC affiliate in Hawaii. Does anyone know if that's true?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Phloyd456

[2]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 6
    Sorry about the late reply, just found this group. But yeah that is what I heard. It was only played in Hawaii. Geez I wish they would release this on dvd, but I guess it'll never happen.

bldavis

[3]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 1
    Hi There;
    Do you know of an episode of the Byrds Of Paradise, where some of the cast played a few Hawian songs? I saw an episode about 10 years ago and would love to hear the music again. I think one of the songs closed the show, it was a very beautiful song and would love to get a copy. If you know anything could you please reply to

bldavis@vic.chariot.net.au

Thanks for reading.

Fryerider

[4]Feb 2, 2007

Byrds of Paradise -- One of my favorite shows ever! I don't think episode #12 ever aired. Years later after its cancellation a cable company aired the programs and that one was never shown. I know people who would be very interested in having it if anyone ever recorded it, but it has never turned up so far. I even tried to get a script of that episode and couldn't find it, even after contacting one of the show's cast members by email.

After great effort I was able to find someone who converted old VHS recordings of the show to DVD and I was able to get a set. It is one of my prized possessions. This will never be made into a factory set. I even contacted Bochco Productions to see if they had any plans to release a DVD set and was told they have no plans and no interest. It was a short run series and there just isn't enough of a market to be worth the cost of production on a DVD set.

If anyone is interested in discussing this series please feel free to email me at fryerider@mail.com.

Byrds of Paradise - Its early demise was another terrible ABC programming decision!!

alrichards

[5]Mar 23, 2007
    I've got a copy of Episode 12 of the Byrds of Paradise...I live in Hawaii, and ABC allowed the local affiliate to air it after the "final" episode was shown on the network. I recently converted it from VHS to DVD. If anyone is interested, we might be able to work something out.

charmedvtmom

[6]May 7, 2007
    • level: 19
    I am very interested, send me a message, please.

Fryerider

[7]Mar 14, 2009

To Al Richards -

Please contact me immediately!! I would love to have this episode on DVD!!!!

Reach me at Fryerider@gmail.com.

Thanks so much!

Fryerider

laikadog

[9]Jul 7, 2009
    I would love to get a copy of this rare "missed" episode. Can we work something out? Thanks Roger

Jackie1954

[10]Nov 6, 2009
    Hi

Are you still about? I am soooo DESPERATE to get a copy of all episodes - I live in the UK and I think the format is different. Can you help please?

Phloyd456

[11]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 6

I'm still looking to get a copy of all the episodes including the one aired in Hawaii.