Caillou Forums

Wednesday 9:00 AM on PBSIn Season

Is Caillou a bad influence on kids?

Is Caillou a bad influence on kids?

wawaweewa16

[1]Oct 19, 2007
    • level: 14
    Well maybe
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lazlokid25

[2]Oct 29, 2007
    Well, there are two things he did on television. 1}He said the word stupid, which is of course bad for pre-schoolers. 2}He ran out of a bathtub naked, which could get children in to that. So, Caillou could be a bad influence on kids. I'm just guessing.

Mdavids15

[3]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 4
    He's not the first kid to ever run out of a bathtub naked. I don't think he's a bad influence, but the show is just very plain and boring. Nothing eye-catching or remotely funny ever happens.

nickel2006

[4]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 48
    No

Rhealandoishot

[5]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 5
    I just laugh at the show.

Beery1

[6]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 2
    Caillou is absolutely bad for kids. My four year-old still has not fully recovered from the bad influence of this show (it made her whiny, changed her manners from good to bad and made her afraid of the dark). We finally blocked it so that she can't watch it even by accident. Apparently the show's developers don't understand that young kids can't follow a plot and they just play out the behaviour they see - and 90% of Caillou's behaviour is bad.

1MMfan

[7]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 16

Caillou is not bad for kids.I'm not into baby shows,but I am sick of people saying it!Caillou is just like every other 4 year old.I'm sure you were not the best behaved kid when you were 4.If Caillou were grown up,I'm sure he'd be diffrent.

Beery1

[8]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 2
    You respond as if he's a real kid. He's a cartoon for goodness sake and he's supposed to be a role model for 4 year-olds. Unfortunately he is a role model and he's a whiny little brat who (and I say this as a parent who has never spanked a child) needs a damn good thrashing. Actually it's the parents who need a thrashing, as they basically support him in any bad behaviour he engages in. Actually no - it's not him or his parents - it's the show's writers who need a thrashing. These are supposedly people who have made a career out of psychology, yet they don't understand a thing about how kids will react to this show. This show is TERRIBLE for children - it's one of only two shows on PBS that I've used my DVR to block (Liberty's Kids is the other one). Caillou just shows how unaware parents are of the bad effect certain supposedly 'innocuous' shows are having on kids. I wouldn't be surprised if Caillou wasn't the cause of a lot of misbehaviour among 3-5 year-olds who watch TV.
    Edited on 03/03/2008 2:20pm

kurtiesslave2

[9]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 7
    Yes, very much. And don't tell me that he's not spoiled, 'cause whenever he starts screaming and crying, he gets whatever he wants. My little cousin started watching this show and she's been a brat ever since. So I say yes.

ohnomaam

[10]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 3

If Caillou is so horrible, then EVERY cartoon character now is too. Is Dora bad because she explores too far from home and is Swiper a kleptomaniac? Arthur punched D.W. There's a little boy who calls name on Little Bill...guess what? These are things kids can relate to. So if it's so bad, sit down with the kid and explain why it's bad. Teach them appropriate behavior. Children shouldn't be watching tv by themselves anyway.

maniachippo

[11]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 1
    Simply Caillou is bad for kids,i have not seen my son act up once since we stopped allowing him to watch it, as well as other shows, honestly Sesame street should be the onloy thing a kid between 2 and 5 watches the rest of the day they should be using their imagination and playing with toys or with their parents for that matter. Check out this blog and we can go much more in depth http://parentsandmedia.blogspot.com/

rugrats101

[12]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 3
    theres a difference between a brat and a typical 4yr old

ilovejn

[13]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 9
    I think that Caillou is a lovable young boy who is very friendly! I happen to love the show!

RedSoxFan274

[14]Nov 22, 2008
    It has to do with the fact that he's always grobeling to get his way and his parents don't lay down the law enough.

mysterytipster

[15]Aug 11, 2009
    • level: 30
    The old Caillou episodes: YES!

The new Caillou episodes: Not really.

garfield800

[16]Aug 13, 2009
    • level: 4
    Caillou is a horrible influence on kids! My 7 year old sister watches it, and it is a bad influence on her! Caillou is a whiny, bratty, annoying kid! One time, at the dinner table, she wanted milk, but mom says we were out of milk and she cried and screamed "I want milk!" repeatedly just like how he was out of ice cream, and threw a huge fit. And when caillou beat up his sister (though I am not certain this really happened, but she immitated it, and said it was from caillou), she beat up my 11 year old sister after she stole a barbie doll! That is just wrong. Note to parents: If you want your kids to be normal, don`t let them watch this! Or else, you will regret it for the rest of your life! They will grow up to be selfish, whiny brats!

agent_0042

[17]Aug 28, 2009
    • level: 66
    mysterytipster wrote:
    The old Caillou episodes: YES!

The new Caillou episodes: Not really.

QFT

TheFamousFive4

[18]Jul 5, 2010
    • level: 1
    oh, my god, who care
    Caillou is the best,
    I used to watch it when I was four and I learn so much from it. I still watch it now sometimes and it makes me very happy.

Television442

[19]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 5
    garfield800 wrote:
    And when caillou beat up his sister (though I am not certain this really happened, but she immitated it, and said it was from caillou), she beat up my 11 year old sister after she stole a barbie doll!

The episode she is referring to is "Rosie Bothers Caillou." He doesn't beat her up, but he does hit her with a book.

woahwoah678

[20]Apr 27, 2011
    • level: 28

Television442 wrote:
    garfield800 wrote:
    And when caillou beat up his sister (though I am not certain this really happened, but she immitated it, and said it was from caillou), she beat up my 11 year old sister after she stole a barbie doll!
    The episode she is referring to is "Rosie Bothers Caillou." He doesn't beat her up, but he does hit her with a book.
    No he didn't he kicked her out of her room.

The old seasons were bad.Caillou was a brat at those days.He was a bad influence at those days.I even saw an episode where he cried over not going to the circus even though it was a day away.