Caillou

Caillou Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

4.9
  • very bad for children

1.5
    caillou is very bad i mean not bad bad but bad why your thinking because 1-why is he 5years old and bald i mean ive never seen him with hair ever.2-he whines to much which can lead to kids acting like him 3-he never shares and sometimes evens makes his sister cry.And out of all that ive just going say its crapy as heck and i hate it thankyou for readin :-)
  • How is this teaching anyone?

This show is kinda well...not that good. It's for preschoolers, I know, but it isn't teaching anyone to be called "Educational Television". Okay the theme song says it all. "Life's not so tough 'cept when I had enough". Stop right there. When the kid gets mad for no apperent reason, he thinks it the end of the world. What kind of message is that for kids? Is this show trying to teach kids to be spoiled or something? I just don't get it. Okay I watched 5 episodes and yet still no education. Preschoolers should watch educational shows like Zaboomafoo and The Magic School Bus, not something that isn't educational like this. In overall, this show isn't educational at all.
  • I don't see why little kids should watch this when we already have perfectly good shows for our little ones like Arthur,Seasamee Street,Mister Rodgers,The Magic School Bus,Zomboomafo(spelling..?)

Well,it's supposed to be about some bald kid named Cailou with these puppet segments(I watched it with my little bro one time)I remember seeing two episodes with him,and I could not see what was educational about it.So I kept watching it just to be nice to my little brother.And at the end I was so annoyed.Really all I could see was Cailou throwing himself on the floor and having a tantrum whenever wants something,finally his parents give up and the little brat is happy untill the next episode.Really within all honesty I don't think the show could teach kids much of anything except to be spoiled brats that get on everyones nerves.So overall I'd rather your kids watch one of the shows I listed above,since this so called "Educational Programing for (insert child's name here)" is in the entirely wrong session when it's put in that department
  • This show can be really informative for young children.

I'm 14 and I still watch this show. I don't watch all the time, though, just only in the summer because sometimes I don't have anything to do so I just watch TV. Cailou is great show for young children. It teaches lessons, helps young children grow, learn, and discover. Cailou is an informative show. It shows how a kid like Cailou learn, grow, and deals with his issues. Young children that watches this can learn the moral of the story of Cailou and the mistakes that Cailou makes and use it in the real world. Even though some of you people don't like this show, it's a good show for kids. And, hey, this show is pretty good for me. I give an 8.0 - Great!
  • Two words: Whiney Baby.

Is your child too patient? Too loving? Too selfless? Too kind, generous, and appreciative?

Then fear no longer. Caillou is here. In no time at all your wonderful child will be trained in all the skills of getting whatever he wants by driving you completely insane. Skill #1: Whine. When that fails, try skill #2: Whine some more. If that fails then whip out skill #3: Whine even some more. Of course, Caillou has other wonderful things to teach your wonderful impressionable child, like how to be selfish, rude, spiteful, argumentative, and generally a royal pain in the arse.

Congratulations. You've succeeded in turning your wonderful child into a first class hellion, and you couldn't have done it without Caillou. With children's shows like this your kids will be thoroughly screwed up for life ... along with everyone else's kids who are raised by parents who don't have a clue what their kids are watching.
  • Serously this show is horrible.

1.6
    This show is horrible!!! All this show is about is a whiny little brat who is always wanting everything his way. I mean it's like he is always whining and crying in every episode!!!!!!! And the only thing his parents do about it is get whatever that spoiled little brat wants. But do you know what this really teaches the kids? I'll tell you what it teaches the kids: it teaches them how to be big spoiled rotten brats just like Caillou is. I mean I really REALLY think this show needs to be cancelled. And parents, if you ever have a little kid, do not let him/her watch Dora the Explorer, Max and Ruby, Barney, Teletubbies, Boo-Bah, and DEFINATLY not this show, because it is just teaching kids how to be spoiled rotten brats just like Caillou is.
  • Good show I say

Caillou is a 4 year old boy whos exploring every day. He has a pet cat named gillbert. There's a ton of episodes of this show. I have no reason why but whatever their doing I'm liking. I like how detailed the show is for example theirs a subway in his town. Under there there was lots of maps and stuff which I liked just because of the detail. The only thing about the show is that I don't favor the pupet sagments as much as I do the show really. But I do have to say good show and hope for more.
  • Describe Caillou: Spoiled, brat, not anywhere near self confident, whiney, those characteristics fit him perfectly!

0.3
    Okay, let's see. Caillou is a 4 year-old kid that is very bald and very annoying. Sometimes I do turn it to PBS to see if it's on because this show is so hilarious! The kid whines about everything! "No Rosie!" "I can't do it!" "I want to do it too!" "No!" "I don't want to!" That kid is the biggest brat I have ever seen and yet his parents spoil him to death! Though I'm not a parent, but a 14 year-old, I don't reccomend this show for little kids because chances are that they will be influenced by this annoying, whiny child!
  • Guh-ross! Why did I ever watch this?!

1.5
    Just as everyone says, this show is disgusting! I can't stand to watch it. It makes me feel sick just to even know I watched it as a 5 year old, or even, for that matter, recorded it!

The show is basically about this bald four-year-old and how he deals with life. He lives with his "mommy" and "daddy" and little sister, Rosie. In the older version of the show, there used to be these kid singers that would come up and sing some "educational" song. They are so annoying, and I'm still trying to get the Food-A-Licious song out of my head.

In the older version, they also had these puppet segements with Teddy (Caillou's stuffed bear), Rexie (stuffed dinosaur), and Gilbert (Caillou's cat). Those puppet parts of the show are the only parts that I can watch without going insane.

What I really hate about Caillou is a number of things:

1. He's bald, but only 4 years old! Does he have some kind of freaking hair disease or something?! And why does everyone else in the show have hair?! They never explain that.

2. He's annoying! Gah, he whines so much, the show is just worthless. It makes me wonder how I ever found this show worthy of recording as a 5 year old.

3. The animation style in the stories. Wow. The animation in the season 1 episodes is just crud. It's hard to adjust to, as it's messily done.

4. It's on PBS. PBS used to have awesome shows that you'd love and never stop loving, most of which I never saw durring their original run, sadly. It's not fair to put this crud-a-palooza on such a previously awesome station and give it a bad reputation.

5. They're making new episodes. I thought the show was canceled, but it's a returning series, according to this guide.

Final Worlds: Avoid this show at all costs!
  • Caillou is far from a great show but kids seem to like it.

5.8
    My kids love it and seem to learn some things from it. I walk out of the room when it's on and take a much needed rest on the couch! That's a good show for me! I need help finding a stuffed animal from when they had the Caillente Kids singing. It's from the "All Wet" episode that aired I believe in 2003. I'm new to this so I don't really know where to look for this. Any help would be great since my son has a dog just like the stuffed bunny that was shown in this episode. Please help!
  • This is why kids are turned away from "educational" television.

This has to be one of the worst TV shows that PBS has set out in a long time, I mean Caillou has to be one of the most terrible children shows of our era, or all time for that matter. First off Caillou, the main character has to be one of the most annoying and poorly developed cartoon character of all time. All he does is wine about the dumbest things, talk about the stupidest things, and fight with his younger sister about the dumbest things.
    The morales (if you can ever find on) are the same, if it's not about sharing it's about caring, and Caillou does neither. He's disrespectful to both of his parents contantly, by disobeying orders and making a fuss about a rule. This is the message they're trying to send children? In every episode, Caillou has completely learned nothing from the experience he had in the previous episode.
    He learns to share in one episode.
    And in the episode RIGHT AFTER that episode, he doesn't want Rosy to have his car.

All in all a 3. Why a 3, because the puppet segements were very entertaining actually. But when they stopped airing them to replace them with horrible music videos by children who can't spell half the words they say, the show is horrible now....well it's been horrible.
  • caillou is a about a bald-headed boy who learns about growing up.the show is just plain AWFUL because caillou whines about something till he can get it! the parents are much worser because they give the boy what ever he wants!dont lets your kids see it!

6.4
    lo ol o oolo lollol ihgdhdtgdfgfdgdfgdfgdgff f f f f ff f f f f f fg gt g g g g g g g gg gg gtttttttgtt g g g g g g g g g g g gjhb highj g ghhjgbhxcfbhj vfwsjhfudsbjh fbhds fhdsds dbsfdsh sd fjhsdbh frsdhb fjsdugysdbfsdbhfbhjfrbhsd bhrtgr tgrf gtfe gtf tgf gt rgtt rtgr emtret rtret3 try tryu tyt45 rytr y try t6yty7 ty t ytr y7t yt hjtr ytr yt yt ryt try tr ytr ytr ytr y try ty trytr ytr ryt ry rty rt ytr y rty try tr ytr y yt
  • Horrible. Just plain old horrible.

1.6
    I know. This is a little kids show, but that's not why I'm rating this so low. I appreciate what their trying to do here: by telling young kids that life is a great adventure and you will have you're ups and downs. But is a bald headed four year-old boy that whines all the time really the one to tell them? He's really spoiled. And he basically gives the message "If you cry all the time, you'll get what you want." I really hope this show is off the air. And what gives with them trying to have four parts to one episode. Like the puppet thing. Come on!
  • I remember watching this show with my sister and being bored to death.

Okay so this show is about a boy Caillou. Who is 4 years old and gets basicly what ever he wants and sings a annoying song. I want to know how this show lasted so long. Stuff like this makes me wonder why writers would ever try to go on strike. I've seen some stupid shows but this will have to be in the top ten. I know its for preschoolers and thats probably the reason why its so idiot. But when i was bored and young and my sister wanted to watch it so i did. Why couldn't i just turn the channel.
  • This almost makes Barney look good.

A whiny squeaky voiced little brat and his hyperactive little sister who get along way too well for children this age. Yeah, it's good that they're trying to show kids how they should behave but they contradict themselves when they show him whining about everything. I remember one time when the kid's parents couldn't even get him to take a bath unless it was a bubble bath. Is that kid spoiled or what? Caillou also has a bad habit of giving up whenever things don't go his way and people have to persuade him to keep trying. I realize that he's supposed to be four years old and they're trying to make it so that kids can relate him but that doesn't change the fact that he's a brat. This is just one of those shows that is specifically for kids under five, which is fine except that older people have to choose between disappointing their kid by not watching it with them or cringing whenever Caillou opens his mouth.
  • OMG.....what the hell....? I don't get this show.

When I was a kid, I watched everything from Clifford to Sesame Street to anything else. But this show.... oh my gosh, I wouldn't let my little cousin watch this. The animation is terrible and there's no plot or action. I know, coming from a 13 year old, it's kinda strange but...

I don't think this show is teaching anything! I mean, I learned nothing! On other kid cartoons, you learn other stuff, except for Dora the Explorer. I hate that show! It's so lame and I don't know why little kids like this show. I don't like things that don't teach kids anything at all.
  • I used to watch it occassionally when I was little, but it didn't take me long to grow tired of it. It's a decent show for little kids...I guess.

4.4
    I used to watch it occassionally when I was little, but it didn't take me long to grow tired of it. It's a decent show for little kids...I guess. (The part I enjoyed the most in the episodes was the puppet segment. :P There was just something I didn't really like about Caillou. Idk what it was or why I didn't like him.) The story is about a 4-year-old boy who gets in (a lot) of trouble and gets out of it with the help of his parents and grandparents, and he usually learns a lesson after it all. Caillou was sort of a decent show, but I think it's past its prime.
  • wtf?

I don't get this show.It's about a spoiled brat always wanting It his way.Theres lots of people trying to ban this show.The colors are horrible.Even no color tv looked better than this.It's from pbs kids so you can't get a good Quality show.If you like pbs kids than watch arthur and not this.This show was ment to brainwash children.Like all bad shows this show goes with trash tv.I hope this show gets cancelelled becuase this show Is bad.so don't let your kids watch this the acting is corny and theres nearly no color.chessy show.overall rating 1/10 becuase this is a 1/10!
  • Caillou is a 4 year old boy who lives with his mother, his father, his little sister rosie & his cat gilbert. Each short episode follows caillou where he learns about the world around him from being afraid of the dark to making new friends.

5.5
    It's one of those shows were either you love it or you despise it. It's good for kids in a sense that every kid can relate to him yet it's sort of a bad influence because he whines alot when things don't go his way & his parents give in to it & he also bullies his sister alot by either refusing to share or pushing her out of his room. However some of the episodes are not like other kids shows ( an example being when cailou makes friends with a boy who is mentally disabled ) Small children might like it but adults may find caillou's whining annoying
  • My 2-year old son adores Caillou!!

My 2-year old son enjoys no other program on PBS. He adores Caillou!! He's glued to the TV when Caillou is playing. We have taken to recording episodes on our digital recorder and playing them back at night when he's winding down and getting ready for bed, or any other time we need to give him some "down time". In our family, we know he's learning many thing watching Caillou. Some of the "Golden Rules" are depicted so nicely. How his parents and grandparents relate to him and his little sister is ideal. We could do without the puppets; he always requests that I fast forward past them during the playbacks!
  • This is a terrible show about a dumb 4 year old who doesn't know anything about anything.

I hate this show. I don't see why anyone-even a 2 year-old would like this show. Caillou is so dumb, and so are his parents. When I watch this show (which is never) I have to hold back tears of pain and pure agony. Caillou does not know any thing. He then goes and asks "Mommy" and "Daddy" what that something is, and "Mommy" and "Daddy" give a mediocre answer that just makes Caillou stupider that he already is. And if that isn't enough, they cast some annoying people to play all of the parts in the show. Everyone has a whiny voice. There are no words to describe how much I hate this show. My best description is if Caillou had no colour, and it was in black and white, and there was no sound, I would still hate the show. Caillou is 4 years old and he's already bald for crying out loud. The pictures are terrible and everyone and everything is ugly. To cap it all of, No one, I repear, No one in the world should watch a show as crumby as this. The drawings, sound, storylines, and the stupidity make this show #1 on my most hated shows list.
  • This show is a waste of my time. I like it a little bit but this show is a little bit lame.

4.1
    This show is a bad example and it looks like this show was first aired in 1969 {Figure of speech}. The picture quality is very very dreadful. And the white lining on the corners of my TV screen makes me light headed and I know my screen is not out of adjustment because I checked it like two times and that is it.
  • This Home and Away episode was quite good- not the best- but was quite sad. tyhe chrtacters, are involved in a horrific car accident, and everybody scrapes through with various injuries, and she is in a very bad condition.

7.9
    This Home and Away episode was quite good- not the best- but was quite sad. tyhe chrtacters, are involved in a horrific car accident, and everybody scrapes through with various injuries, and she is in a very bad condition. She is hardly breathing, but they drag her out of the car and give her CPR. She is taken in an ambulance, and is close to death at the hospital, where he manages to save her.
  • Caillou is a 3 year old with a baby sister named Rosie. They live with Mommy and Daddy and have adventures suited for a 2-5 year old audience. Caillou learns about things that fascinate a child his age and reacts in a believable way, including occasiona

My 3 year old son will sit and stare for an hour at the television when I put this show on. Caillou is experiencing the things my son deals with everyday, from having to share or being told play quietly; to seeing a shooting star for the first time or helping Mommy bake a cake. His parents are what I think every parent strives to be. They are patient with Caillou and they explain his world to him very well. Yes, his \'adventures\' may not entice even a 7 year old child, but that is because they\'ve grown past the stage of experienceing the ups and downs of that bridge between \'baby\' and \'toddler\'.
  • its an okay show

6.7
    Caillous is an okay show. Its for kids. Its about a 4 year old boy named Caillou who is learning new things. I used to watch it sometimes when nothing else was coming on. It is good for little kids to watch for they can also learn from them. Irs a cute show.
  • It's about seeing the word throught the eyes of a 4-year-old.

If you don't like it that's your fault. For those who don't know Caillou is dead (literally). Most people reading this right now are like ," Yeah, he's dead"! A tragic accident happened to Caillou ( Jacyln Lancey), her car had lost control and went into the median in Montreal. She was on her way to a shooting of 15/Love. Her co-star was in the car when she died ( Vadim Schnydeir). They both died on contact.

So the next time you think Caillou is stupid, remember the life of Caillou, and how he taught so much to children.
  • I didn't even like this show as a kid.

This show is for kids, but what exactly does it teach them? Caillou is abot the adventures of a bald kid of the same name. This show mainly shows Caillou being a whiny brat that gets whatever he wants through doing so. I don't want a kid seeing that! It sets a bad example for them. For entertainment, it isn't entertaining. So, what is it? I don't know, but the plot is horrible, not funny, and very little character development. I think it doesn't teach our kids anything. Let your kids watch something actually educational or entertaining, like Mr. Rogers, Sesame Street, etc.
    Sorry to the people that like it.
    1/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • a very good show with lots of educational moments in the 1 hour long movie. If anyone is dismissing Caillou because of his "whiny, spoiled brat" scene in an episode then your missing the whole picture

I'm not trying to convince anyone to like anything, but here is why I like Caillou.

Caillou is written by child physiologists, and I think the thing they are trying to impart that may be lost when it is only watched very "on the surface" or passing through the tv room, is that Caillou is a typical 4 year old kid. A typical spirited 4 year old kid anyway... they gear the show to children ages 2-6. Caillou is a four year-old through and through. He is somewhat of a hero for children, and to me that is not a bad thing, I could think of worse heroes to have at 5.

Children look to him to see where they're going; or where they WANT to be going. It helps them build self esteem to try new things like Caillou is trying, and helps build confidence when they accomplish the similar things Caillou is accomplishing. Like riding on an airplane for the first time and being afraid but getting through it with the help of attentive loving parents. Like having stage fright for a part in a play, but doing it anyway with the help of friends and being pleased with his performance even though he fumbelled his lines, and having parents who conform they are proud that he tried his best.

Older children look to him and are reminded of how far they've come in the world. my DD @ 5 LOVES Caillou because she sees that she has done a lot of that stuff and that confirms to her that she is a "big girl" and also, it reassures her that she is not the only kid who gets upset when things go "wrong" from her perspective.
    Caillou is also an big brother and has a younger sister, and DD relates to that as well, and she enjoys being a good role model for her baby brother " just like Caillou is for his baby sister, it is also good to see that Rosie does things that younger 1 yo baby brother does as well, and that it is ok to be upset when a younger sibling ruins your game/painting etc, but that asking mommy or daddy for help intercepting is good too.

Also the way parents interact with Rosie and Caillou is pretty good too. mom doesn't just pull Rosie out of the room and throw her in a play pen, she engages her in conversation though she cannot speak and puts her in the highchair and reinforces that her desires to draw are important to, by giving her paper and a crayon to make her very own art.

At a kids level, Caillou teaches such things as good table manners, being nice to others, cooperation, patience... each episode has real problems, conflicts and joys typical of a young child’s life. It is non violent, and non gender biased with pro parent involvement with good outcomes to the whole story. Children see themselves in Caillou,( at least my kid(s) do) which strengthens the bond they share with their hero in Caillou. His vocabulary is that of a 4 year-old. He talks like real kids talk -- not how adults think children talk and the simplicity but accuracy of the animation of the surroundings and visuals in the show and books are great and the bright colors in both are appealing to children of that age group.

Before Caillou ever became a show we watched in our house ( only the last few months) DD acted that " spoiled whiny, way" very often, and didn't get prompted from TV or other sources as much as it is her own personality. She is a typical kid her age, but perhaps her intensity has a higher gage then most kids. Spirited kids are often labeled as "spoiled and cranky, rude, snots who get their own way all the time" kids.

If you met my daughter in a store when she was hungry or tired and wanted to stay to see more toys, or was interrupted from her activity before she was ready to stop it, you'd think that was all she was as well, and you'd pray for my sanity when I was at home with her, but she is not like that every second of the day, in fact she is a pretty cool kid to be around. And just like my daughter, so is Caillou through an episode.he has many different moments in a single episode. Like Caillou, my daughter is robust, and persistent and full of energy and demanding and loud and argues with me about rules ( setting limits, testing boundaries etc,all normal 2 to 6 year old behavior) perhaps since Caillou's attributes are a bit animated for television, those without such animated children like mine would find that annoying, or negative in the show.

I see Caillou as an example of the spirited kids we raise in society today and the show as a positive way to teach children that just because your spirited doesn't mean you can get away with poor behavior, but also that it is OK to be assert your independence and be perisitant and robust and full of energy. It is the teaching of how and when to use those attributes that matters and I feel Caillou does that for this house anyway.

As a parent, the show and books let me relate to how MY kid thinks and also shows ways of how to handle firecracker moments with their temperament. It also shows that you have to pick your battles, and anyone with a spirited child knows what I mean. I have often found Caillou's moms chosen words to deal with certain situations better then the ones I would have chosen for similar circumstances, and have even learned a thing of too from the show myself.

We just watched the Caillou Christmas special and it was a very good show with lots of educational moments in the 1 hour long movie. I guess they are like diamonds in the rough perhaps? You could miss them if your not looking for them, and they just need a little polishing to make them shine.If anyone is dismissing Caillou because of his whiny, spoiled scene in an episode then i think your missing the whole picture ( or we just have a difference of opinion :))

my toddler son's room has Caillou stickers and we just got him a Caillou doll with a backpack book for one of his solstice gifts, he just loves it and hugs his Caillou. Funny enough, it was never meant to be a "theme" but he loves the Caillou song the tune is catchy.

"* I'm just a kid who's four*

*Each day I grow some more*

*I like exploring*

So many things to do*

*Each day is something new*

*I'll share them with you*

My world is turning*

*Changing each day*

*With Mommy and Daddy*

*I'm finding my way!

Growing up is not so tough*

*Except when I've had enough*

*There's lots of fun stuff*

Caillou, Caillou, I'm Caillou . . .*

*That's me!*

and the other great thing about Caillou, is that he is on the French channel as well, and that is a cool way to get DD to hear french be spoken and understand a bit of what it being said from her remembering the same episode in English :) and also IT'S Canadian!!!
  • and don't me say why he's so popular in the kiddies!

0.0
    Well, Caillou is a 4-old boy created by a psycholog in 1992 for a series of books for kids. The character designs is not great but acceptable for the childs, but transform this charm boy in a TV host show and air on Teletoon since 1997, that's the hell! Same i was 21 now, i never liked Caillou because he's a annoying voice, he's spoiled, brat and rude, but that's not all! Sometimes, he's a bad example for childrens (like the times that he's not take his bath or crying that his parents approved not his choices). Maybe is a educative message (or else) for childrens, that's ashamedly my mind. Mention also that this series are produced in a Montreal Childrens Television so we're no metionned this for pickle his anonyme.
  • a horrible show about a qball and his family. And his adventures thru the eyes of a 4 year old. Horribly pathetic.

2.4
    a 4 year old q ball lives his life and deals with growing up. Typical cartoon show with nothing special. It should of ended much earleir before the death of the voice acotr of cailou. Not worth 5 minutes to watch not really worth my review.I do not se any one remembering this show.
1 2 3