Caillou

Wednesday 9:00 AM on PBS Premiered Jan 01, 1998 In Season

Caillou Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

4.9
  • Watch Caillou created after 2006

I've worked in Childcare for the past 6 yrs. and I would not let the kids watch Caillou. I remember in 2007 having a discussion with a parent about how she didn't allow it in her home either due to it teaching children how to be whiny and bratty. Then last year I remember hearing a discussion on a morning talk show on KLUV a (Christian Radio Station) about Caillou. They basically were saying how Caillou used to be that way, but they changed it, and the Host said she allowed her children to watch it, and she never saw that on the show. I now have a 3 yr. old daughter and I let her watch Caillou, but we always watch it on Sprout and haven't noticed it being the way it used to be. In fact, it teaches, sharing, being nice to others, accepting others that may be different, etc.. Things I want my daughter to know. So today, we were watching PBS and Caillou came on, I was watching it with her, and then noticed how whiny Caillou was, and I wanted to change the channel, so I decided to look at info. and it was a show from 2006. Obviously the talk show was accurate, with how it has changed. I looked at some info. and noticed they canceled the show in 2006 on PBS, I'm guessing due to that problem. But, what I don't understand is why PBS would still play shows from 2006 and earlier. If you have a young child, just make sure the Caillou episodes are from after 2006. The Newer ones, I know are not like that!
  • If I were a parent and I had a child like Caillou, I would send him to military school ASAP

1.5
    If you are looking for an educational show that teaches kids to be spoiled brats, look no further than Caillou. Caillou is about a 4 year old who gets into adventures with his friends and family. He spends a lot of the time whining and complaining about stuff that doesn't go his way. And by a lot, I mean like 90% of the show shows Caillou being a whiny little spoiled brat who cries a lot and throws temper tantrums. He is one spoiled kid who deserves a good spanking from his parents. Speaking of the parents, Caillou's mom and dad are terrible parents. They don't do anything to control Caillou at all. They may lecture him every blue moon, but they pamper Caillou too much. Where is Grandad from The Boondocks when you need him? Caillou is also the weakest and spineless person on a kids' show. He is always afraid, he calls for his parents too much, refuses to do anything that may seem simple, and despite him overcoming a fear, the next episode shows him being weak and spineless again, and never learns anything. I know that when we were all kids, we had different fears as well, and had to learn to overcome our fears, and as we conquered them we became stronger and more confident, but Caillou is still the same old spineless person who never gets more confident or stronger. For crying out loud, Rosie, Caillou's sister, has more backbone and she's two. Then of course there is his inability to learn. Caillou learns about sharing in one episode, and forgets about it the next episode after. Another one is when he has friends over and when they make pizza, the friends make them differently and thinks they should do it his way. Then there is the episode where Caillou's sister is given his favorite shirt as a hand me down and he acts selfish by wanting the shirt back. So Caillou is teaching kids to not share, be judgmental and have friends do what you are doing, and be selfish. Way to teach kids the right things PBS. And why is Caillou bald? No one else is bald but him. Does he have cancer or leukemia? We are never told. The artwork is bland in this show, and the scenes always have a white edge around them. did the artists not have time to complete the picture? The animation is stiff most of the time and feels choppy. To be fair the only good thing in this show was the puppet segments. They were OK, but not great and the only part that Caillou wasn't whining. The only thing this show teaches kids to do is be a whiny spoiled brat like Caillou. If you are a parent and you see your toddler watching this, block this channel and keep them away from this show. I question the meaning of life, but I just question the meaning of this show.
  • Most dangerous show on kid's TV.

How any network official can buy this show season after season is beyond me. I suspect someone has a warped sense of humour. This show is supposedly aimed at four year-olds but what the show's producers and writers apparently fail to realise is that four year-old kids see Caillou as a role model and they copy him. This had the effect of turning my daughter from a very well-adjusted 4 year-old into an annoying brat. After I saw my daughter laying on the floor kicking her legs and yelling in a scene from the Caillou intro I knew that this show had to be locked. After I blocked this show she turned back into the little angel we're used to having around the house.

Caillou is TV's most annoying brat. He is a dangerous influence on kids and I believe he shouldn't even be on the TV. The show's only use would be as a cautionary tale for parents who have an even whinier kid of their own, but personally I don't see how that would be possible. Actually if the show's only flaw was that it's main character was whiny it might serve some positive function, but sadly not only is the show's star whiny, he's not exactly the brightest 4 year-old on the planet either. He has the intellectual capacity of a particularly slow three year-old. His parents aren't all that bright either.

Altogether I think the best possible thing to do with this show is to cancel it ASAP and try our best to forget it. I prefer Barney to Caillou - at least Barney's annoying sickly sweetness is not something that actually makes our kids worse-behaved. Even Boohbah is better than Caillou - I mean Boohbah is a series that looks like it was made by people high on some sort of heavy duty psychedelic drug, but even so it sends a less disturbing message than Caillou.
  • Looks like Angelica from Rugrats has a rival

PBS Kids is suffering from stupidity these days. And there were even a few bad shows from the past like Barney and Friends. However,this has got to be one of their worst ones ever made. Caillou is about a 4-year old brat named Caillou who goes on adventures and learns how to grow up. Did I tell you he was brat? Yes,I did. Oh my god,Caillou has got to be one of the worst protagonist ever in a educational show. All he ever does is cry,whine and want everything. He is also impatient,and barely says "Thank you" or "Please". I heard him say those words,but when he gets something,he never says "Thank You". (When he got cotton candy,he said "Gimmie". How rude). In the new seasons now,he just gets disappointed now,and even cries at times. Rosie is no better at all,and worse than Caillou. She always wants to do what Caillou does,and screws things up. I wish I could hit that little brat (No not Caillou). The parents suck at parenting. They never get mad at Caillou,and never remind him to say "Thank you". The friends are Ok,but not good. Clementine is nice at times,but can't save the show. Leo is worse though. Seriously,why is Caillou friends with him even though he teased him the first day he met him? The Jason twins are annoying,and the chinese girl (Forgot her name) looks like she's mad at times. The animation is just bad,in the new seasons. Everyone looks like their moving slowly and why is the sky white? Also,we are never told why Caillou is bald. I know the creators made him bald to be different than everybody else,but seriously,he looks like he has cancer. The education just fails. All it teaches kids is to throw tantrums like Caillou,and that is true. I'm hearing from people that their sisters or brothers are being like Caillou. And it also teaches kids bad things. In one episode,Rosie and Caillou fight over a library book,and rip it. They end up taping it with the girl who checks out the books,and no harm is done. What does that teach kids? That you don't have to pay for the book? Seriously,this show has bad education. Overall,Caillou is a show that teaches kids to be brats. Don't let your young sons or daughters or brothers or sisters see it. If you want to see a brat,watch Angelica on Rugrats.
  • Caillou is not a great representative for 4 year old children. He talks like a whiney 2 year old and controls his parents through demands and badtantrums. http://socialstork.com/blog/caillou-bad-influence/ My parent followers feel strongly about Caillou.

Caillou isn't a great representative for 4 year old children. He talks like a whiney 2 year old and controls his parents through demands and tantrums. http://socialstork.com/blog/caillou-bad-influence/ My parent followers feel strongly about Caillou. Some of their comments are that he is whiney, brat, bossy, uses bad words like hate and stupid, parents do not discipline enough, safety issues, and so much more! Check it out to see some clips and some more reviews.

• Supernanny,please displine this brat.

Caillou is basically about some kid who goes on many adventures.Now,if I had a kid like Caillou,I would sell him.This kid is basically a spoiled brat.But in the new seasons,he's less of a brat and he's lovable.Now,in the old seasons,he needed a spanking real bad.First off,he's always crying and whining over everything.In one episode,Rosie wanted to play with him,but Caillou thought she was a pest.He even kicked her out of his room.Wow,what an jerk and a brat this kid is.Someone should call the supernanny.And in another episode,he wanted to go to the circus,but it was only a day away.So what does he do?Throw a fit.Wow,that's a sign of impatient.And the parents are just as bad as Arthur's parents.They don't teach Caillou to be a nice kid in the first season.I only saw them twice stand up to Caillou.TWICE?!Also,the animation is just as bad as the show.Half of it looks faded and they should really give Caillou hair.He looks like he has cancer.And why is it that Rosie has just dots for eyes while the rest doesn't?The eyes are just disturbing as the dad's eyebrows.And whatever happened to the puppet skits.Remember Gilbert with Caillou's toys?Well,that's gone now.So in my opinion this show is Bad,Caillou was a brat in the first season and other than that,this show is bad
  • Annoying little whiny brat...

Whoa. I have to agree, Caillou is the whiniest bald kid on Earth. Even Charlie Brown wasn't this whiny, and he took life like a man. Caillou screams to get what he wants, and makes Charlie Brown look like a saint in comparison. Caillou isn't even cute! His attitude sucks, and he needs life lessons from the Peanuts gang, specifically Charlie Brown. "Growing up is the greatest adventure of all"...

...growing up does not consist of shrieking to get what you want; and I'd like to see this kid when he grows up and faces the real world where jobs won't accept him if he screams how life isn't fair, or that he can't get what he wants out of his job. Also, no offense, but-dead, shmed. The actress may have died, but her voice for Caillou was annoying!
  • Bald and whiny...

• Caillou is the KING OF WHINING!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!

The biggest reason why I can't stand this show is because Caillou whines too much, and it's pretty irritating. Also, this show has been on PBS for quite a long time (about 9 years), so I would like to see it get cancelled soon.

------------------------------------------------------

Caillou's "Whining" Trivia:

1. In the theme song (older episodes), it shows him whining, crying, and throwing his trademark fit (from the episode "Caillou Joins the Circus".)

2. He whines/cries in these following episodes:

- Caillou Rides a Bike
    - Caillou and the Big Slide
    - Caillou Learns to Skate

and many more...

3. I find that he cries for numerous reasons. (I wonder what he'll whine about next???)

4. When he whines/cries, he then gets things his way. Like is that even FAIR???

5. He whines in almost every episode (about 88% of the time)

He cries in about 44% of the episodes.

6. Many Caillou books show him crying.

7. Caillou whines/cries slightly more than Rosie, his younger infant sister.

8. Usually when Caillou whines, he says one of these following phrases:

"No! I don't want to!"
    "I can't do it!"
    "Mommy!"

------------------------------------------------------

I don't trust this show! It encourages young children to whine, like Caillou!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

See what I mean???

My Rating: 2.0 out of 10
  • Caillou is one best children television show of all times.

Caillou is one best children television show of all times. I love every bit of it. I used to watch it when I was 4 and I learn so much from it. It made me feel really good and relaxed when I watched it before school in prep and grade 1.
    I very very upset when I thought they didn't show it on television anymore, but was thrilled when it was on again the next day and that was in the year 1999.
    Now I am 16 and I still love to watch it.
    PS: the theme song is very catchy.
    CAILLOU IS THE BEST.
  • I recentley saw an episode of this crap,

and it... sucked. They act like everychild wants to be some stupid bald kid with beads for eyes. When I was younger I wanted to be someone cool like Bart Simpson or Nester from the Nintendo Power comics. In every episode this kid has... I mean, CAUSES a problem and the parents clean it up and apoligize to him for yelling at him. Even though the two other characters I mentioned are bad models, they AREN'T meant TO be role models, Caillou IS meant TO be a role model. In other words, bad show.
  • very bad for children

1.5
    caillou is very bad i mean not bad bad but bad why your thinking because 1-why is he 5years old and bald i mean ive never seen him with hair ever.2-he whines to much which can lead to kids acting like him 3-he never shares and sometimes evens makes his sister cry.And out of all that ive just going say its crapy as heck and i hate it thankyou for readin :-)
  • How is this teaching anyone?

This show is kinda well...not that good. It's for preschoolers, I know, but it isn't teaching anyone to be called "Educational Television". Okay the theme song says it all. "Life's not so tough 'cept when I had enough". Stop right there. When the kid gets mad for no apperent reason, he thinks it the end of the world. What kind of message is that for kids? Is this show trying to teach kids to be spoiled or something? I just don't get it. Okay I watched 5 episodes and yet still no education. Preschoolers should watch educational shows like Zaboomafoo and The Magic School Bus, not something that isn't educational like this. In overall, this show isn't educational at all.
  • I don't see why little kids should watch this when we already have perfectly good shows for our little ones like Arthur,Seasamee Street,Mister Rodgers,The Magic School Bus,Zomboomafo(spelling..?)

Well,it's supposed to be about some bald kid named Cailou with these puppet segments(I watched it with my little bro one time)I remember seeing two episodes with him,and I could not see what was educational about it.So I kept watching it just to be nice to my little brother.And at the end I was so annoyed.Really all I could see was Cailou throwing himself on the floor and having a tantrum whenever wants something,finally his parents give up and the little brat is happy untill the next episode.Really within all honesty I don't think the show could teach kids much of anything except to be spoiled brats that get on everyones nerves.So overall I'd rather your kids watch one of the shows I listed above,since this so called "Educational Programing for (insert child's name here)" is in the entirely wrong session when it's put in that department
  • This show can be really informative for young children.

I'm 14 and I still watch this show. I don't watch all the time, though, just only in the summer because sometimes I don't have anything to do so I just watch TV. Cailou is great show for young children. It teaches lessons, helps young children grow, learn, and discover. Cailou is an informative show. It shows how a kid like Cailou learn, grow, and deals with his issues. Young children that watches this can learn the moral of the story of Cailou and the mistakes that Cailou makes and use it in the real world. Even though some of you people don't like this show, it's a good show for kids. And, hey, this show is pretty good for me. I give an 8.0 - Great!
  • Two words: Whiney Baby.

Is your child too patient? Too loving? Too selfless? Too kind, generous, and appreciative?

Then fear no longer. Caillou is here. In no time at all your wonderful child will be trained in all the skills of getting whatever he wants by driving you completely insane. Skill #1: Whine. When that fails, try skill #2: Whine some more. If that fails then whip out skill #3: Whine even some more. Of course, Caillou has other wonderful things to teach your wonderful impressionable child, like how to be selfish, rude, spiteful, argumentative, and generally a royal pain in the arse.

Congratulations. You've succeeded in turning your wonderful child into a first class hellion, and you couldn't have done it without Caillou. With children's shows like this your kids will be thoroughly screwed up for life ... along with everyone else's kids who are raised by parents who don't have a clue what their kids are watching.
  • Serously this show is horrible.

1.6
    This show is horrible!!! All this show is about is a whiny little brat who is always wanting everything his way. I mean it's like he is always whining and crying in every episode!!!!!!! And the only thing his parents do about it is get whatever that spoiled little brat wants. But do you know what this really teaches the kids? I'll tell you what it teaches the kids: it teaches them how to be big spoiled rotten brats just like Caillou is. I mean I really REALLY think this show needs to be cancelled. And parents, if you ever have a little kid, do not let him/her watch Dora the Explorer, Max and Ruby, Barney, Teletubbies, Boo-Bah, and DEFINATLY not this show, because it is just teaching kids how to be spoiled rotten brats just like Caillou is.
  • Good show I say

Caillou is a 4 year old boy whos exploring every day. He has a pet cat named gillbert. There's a ton of episodes of this show. I have no reason why but whatever their doing I'm liking. I like how detailed the show is for example theirs a subway in his town. Under there there was lots of maps and stuff which I liked just because of the detail. The only thing about the show is that I don't favor the pupet sagments as much as I do the show really. But I do have to say good show and hope for more.
  • Describe Caillou: Spoiled, brat, not anywhere near self confident, whiney, those characteristics fit him perfectly!

0.3
    Okay, let's see. Caillou is a 4 year-old kid that is very bald and very annoying. Sometimes I do turn it to PBS to see if it's on because this show is so hilarious! The kid whines about everything! "No Rosie!" "I can't do it!" "I want to do it too!" "No!" "I don't want to!" That kid is the biggest brat I have ever seen and yet his parents spoil him to death! Though I'm not a parent, but a 14 year-old, I don't reccomend this show for little kids because chances are that they will be influenced by this annoying, whiny child!
  • Guh-ross! Why did I ever watch this?!

1.5
    Just as everyone says, this show is disgusting! I can't stand to watch it. It makes me feel sick just to even know I watched it as a 5 year old, or even, for that matter, recorded it!

The show is basically about this bald four-year-old and how he deals with life. He lives with his "mommy" and "daddy" and little sister, Rosie. In the older version of the show, there used to be these kid singers that would come up and sing some "educational" song. They are so annoying, and I'm still trying to get the Food-A-Licious song out of my head.

In the older version, they also had these puppet segements with Teddy (Caillou's stuffed bear), Rexie (stuffed dinosaur), and Gilbert (Caillou's cat). Those puppet parts of the show are the only parts that I can watch without going insane.

What I really hate about Caillou is a number of things:

1. He's bald, but only 4 years old! Does he have some kind of freaking hair disease or something?! And why does everyone else in the show have hair?! They never explain that.

2. He's annoying! Gah, he whines so much, the show is just worthless. It makes me wonder how I ever found this show worthy of recording as a 5 year old.

3. The animation style in the stories. Wow. The animation in the season 1 episodes is just crud. It's hard to adjust to, as it's messily done.

4. It's on PBS. PBS used to have awesome shows that you'd love and never stop loving, most of which I never saw durring their original run, sadly. It's not fair to put this crud-a-palooza on such a previously awesome station and give it a bad reputation.

5. They're making new episodes. I thought the show was canceled, but it's a returning series, according to this guide.

Final Worlds: Avoid this show at all costs!
  • Caillou is far from a great show but kids seem to like it.

5.8
    My kids love it and seem to learn some things from it. I walk out of the room when it's on and take a much needed rest on the couch! That's a good show for me! I need help finding a stuffed animal from when they had the Caillente Kids singing. It's from the "All Wet" episode that aired I believe in 2003. I'm new to this so I don't really know where to look for this. Any help would be great since my son has a dog just like the stuffed bunny that was shown in this episode. Please help!
  • This is why kids are turned away from "educational" television.

This has to be one of the worst TV shows that PBS has set out in a long time, I mean Caillou has to be one of the most terrible children shows of our era, or all time for that matter. First off Caillou, the main character has to be one of the most annoying and poorly developed cartoon character of all time. All he does is wine about the dumbest things, talk about the stupidest things, and fight with his younger sister about the dumbest things.
    The morales (if you can ever find on) are the same, if it's not about sharing it's about caring, and Caillou does neither. He's disrespectful to both of his parents contantly, by disobeying orders and making a fuss about a rule. This is the message they're trying to send children? In every episode, Caillou has completely learned nothing from the experience he had in the previous episode.
    He learns to share in one episode.
    And in the episode RIGHT AFTER that episode, he doesn't want Rosy to have his car.

All in all a 3. Why a 3, because the puppet segements were very entertaining actually. But when they stopped airing them to replace them with horrible music videos by children who can't spell half the words they say, the show is horrible now....well it's been horrible.
  • caillou is a about a bald-headed boy who learns about growing up.the show is just plain AWFUL because caillou whines about something till he can get it! the parents are much worser because they give the boy what ever he wants!dont lets your kids see it!

6.4
    lo ol o oolo lollol ihgdhdtgdfgfdgdfgdfgdgff f f f f ff f f f f f fg gt g g g g g g g gg gg gtttttttgtt g g g g g g g g g g g gjhb highj g ghhjgbhxcfbhj vfwsjhfudsbjh fbhds fhdsds dbsfdsh sd fjhsdbh frsdhb fjsdugysdbfsdbhfbhjfrbhsd bhrtgr tgrf gtfe gtf tgf gt rgtt rtgr emtret rtret3 try tryu tyt45 rytr y try t6yty7 ty t ytr y7t yt hjtr ytr yt yt ryt try tr ytr ytr ytr y try ty trytr ytr ryt ry rty rt ytr y rty try tr ytr y yt
  • Horrible. Just plain old horrible.

1.6
    I know. This is a little kids show, but that's not why I'm rating this so low. I appreciate what their trying to do here: by telling young kids that life is a great adventure and you will have you're ups and downs. But is a bald headed four year-old boy that whines all the time really the one to tell them? He's really spoiled. And he basically gives the message "If you cry all the time, you'll get what you want." I really hope this show is off the air. And what gives with them trying to have four parts to one episode. Like the puppet thing. Come on!
  • I remember watching this show with my sister and being bored to death.

Okay so this show is about a boy Caillou. Who is 4 years old and gets basicly what ever he wants and sings a annoying song. I want to know how this show lasted so long. Stuff like this makes me wonder why writers would ever try to go on strike. I've seen some stupid shows but this will have to be in the top ten. I know its for preschoolers and thats probably the reason why its so idiot. But when i was bored and young and my sister wanted to watch it so i did. Why couldn't i just turn the channel.
  • This almost makes Barney look good.

A whiny squeaky voiced little brat and his hyperactive little sister who get along way too well for children this age. Yeah, it's good that they're trying to show kids how they should behave but they contradict themselves when they show him whining about everything. I remember one time when the kid's parents couldn't even get him to take a bath unless it was a bubble bath. Is that kid spoiled or what? Caillou also has a bad habit of giving up whenever things don't go his way and people have to persuade him to keep trying. I realize that he's supposed to be four years old and they're trying to make it so that kids can relate him but that doesn't change the fact that he's a brat. This is just one of those shows that is specifically for kids under five, which is fine except that older people have to choose between disappointing their kid by not watching it with them or cringing whenever Caillou opens his mouth.
  • OMG.....what the hell....? I don't get this show.

When I was a kid, I watched everything from Clifford to Sesame Street to anything else. But this show.... oh my gosh, I wouldn't let my little cousin watch this. The animation is terrible and there's no plot or action. I know, coming from a 13 year old, it's kinda strange but...

I don't think this show is teaching anything! I mean, I learned nothing! On other kid cartoons, you learn other stuff, except for Dora the Explorer. I hate that show! It's so lame and I don't know why little kids like this show. I don't like things that don't teach kids anything at all.
  • I used to watch it occassionally when I was little, but it didn't take me long to grow tired of it. It's a decent show for little kids...I guess.

4.4
    I used to watch it occassionally when I was little, but it didn't take me long to grow tired of it. It's a decent show for little kids...I guess. (The part I enjoyed the most in the episodes was the puppet segment. :P There was just something I didn't really like about Caillou. Idk what it was or why I didn't like him.) The story is about a 4-year-old boy who gets in (a lot) of trouble and gets out of it with the help of his parents and grandparents, and he usually learns a lesson after it all. Caillou was sort of a decent show, but I think it's past its prime.
  • wtf?

I don't get this show.It's about a spoiled brat always wanting It his way.Theres lots of people trying to ban this show.The colors are horrible.Even no color tv looked better than this.It's from pbs kids so you can't get a good Quality show.If you like pbs kids than watch arthur and not this.This show was ment to brainwash children.Like all bad shows this show goes with trash tv.I hope this show gets cancelelled becuase this show Is bad.so don't let your kids watch this the acting is corny and theres nearly no color.chessy show.overall rating 1/10 becuase this is a 1/10!
  • Caillou is a 4 year old boy who lives with his mother, his father, his little sister rosie & his cat gilbert. Each short episode follows caillou where he learns about the world around him from being afraid of the dark to making new friends.

5.5
    It's one of those shows were either you love it or you despise it. It's good for kids in a sense that every kid can relate to him yet it's sort of a bad influence because he whines alot when things don't go his way & his parents give in to it & he also bullies his sister alot by either refusing to share or pushing her out of his room. However some of the episodes are not like other kids shows ( an example being when cailou makes friends with a boy who is mentally disabled ) Small children might like it but adults may find caillou's whining annoying
1 2 3