Caillou

Wednesday 9:00 AM on PBS Premiered Jan 01, 1998 In Season

Caillou Fan Reviews page 3 of 3

4.9
  • Caillou is a 4 year old boy who lives with his mother, his father, his little sister rosie & his cat gilbert. Each short episode follows caillou where he learns about the world around him from being afraid of the dark to making new friends.

5.5
    It's one of those shows were either you love it or you despise it. It's good for kids in a sense that every kid can relate to him yet it's sort of a bad influence because he whines alot when things don't go his way & his parents give in to it & he also bullies his sister alot by either refusing to share or pushing her out of his room. However some of the episodes are not like other kids shows ( an example being when cailou makes friends with a boy who is mentally disabled ) Small children might like it but adults may find caillou's whining annoying
  • My 2-year old son adores Caillou!!

My 2-year old son enjoys no other program on PBS. He adores Caillou!! He's glued to the TV when Caillou is playing. We have taken to recording episodes on our digital recorder and playing them back at night when he's winding down and getting ready for bed, or any other time we need to give him some "down time". In our family, we know he's learning many thing watching Caillou. Some of the "Golden Rules" are depicted so nicely. How his parents and grandparents relate to him and his little sister is ideal. We could do without the puppets; he always requests that I fast forward past them during the playbacks!
  • This is a terrible show about a dumb 4 year old who doesn't know anything about anything.

I hate this show. I don't see why anyone-even a 2 year-old would like this show. Caillou is so dumb, and so are his parents. When I watch this show (which is never) I have to hold back tears of pain and pure agony. Caillou does not know any thing. He then goes and asks "Mommy" and "Daddy" what that something is, and "Mommy" and "Daddy" give a mediocre answer that just makes Caillou stupider that he already is. And if that isn't enough, they cast some annoying people to play all of the parts in the show. Everyone has a whiny voice. There are no words to describe how much I hate this show. My best description is if Caillou had no colour, and it was in black and white, and there was no sound, I would still hate the show. Caillou is 4 years old and he's already bald for crying out loud. The pictures are terrible and everyone and everything is ugly. To cap it all of, No one, I repear, No one in the world should watch a show as crumby as this. The drawings, sound, storylines, and the stupidity make this show #1 on my most hated shows list.
  • This show is a waste of my time. I like it a little bit but this show is a little bit lame.

4.1
    This show is a bad example and it looks like this show was first aired in 1969 {Figure of speech}. The picture quality is very very dreadful. And the white lining on the corners of my TV screen makes me light headed and I know my screen is not out of adjustment because I checked it like two times and that is it.
  • This Home and Away episode was quite good- not the best- but was quite sad. tyhe chrtacters, are involved in a horrific car accident, and everybody scrapes through with various injuries, and she is in a very bad condition.

7.9
    This Home and Away episode was quite good- not the best- but was quite sad. tyhe chrtacters, are involved in a horrific car accident, and everybody scrapes through with various injuries, and she is in a very bad condition. She is hardly breathing, but they drag her out of the car and give her CPR. She is taken in an ambulance, and is close to death at the hospital, where he manages to save her.
  • Caillou is a 3 year old with a baby sister named Rosie. They live with Mommy and Daddy and have adventures suited for a 2-5 year old audience. Caillou learns about things that fascinate a child his age and reacts in a believable way, including occasiona

My 3 year old son will sit and stare for an hour at the television when I put this show on. Caillou is experiencing the things my son deals with everyday, from having to share or being told play quietly; to seeing a shooting star for the first time or helping Mommy bake a cake. His parents are what I think every parent strives to be. They are patient with Caillou and they explain his world to him very well. Yes, his \'adventures\' may not entice even a 7 year old child, but that is because they\'ve grown past the stage of experienceing the ups and downs of that bridge between \'baby\' and \'toddler\'.
  • its an okay show

6.7
    Caillous is an okay show. Its for kids. Its about a 4 year old boy named Caillou who is learning new things. I used to watch it sometimes when nothing else was coming on. It is good for little kids to watch for they can also learn from them. Irs a cute show.
  • It's about seeing the word throught the eyes of a 4-year-old.

If you don't like it that's your fault. For those who don't know Caillou is dead (literally). Most people reading this right now are like ," Yeah, he's dead"! A tragic accident happened to Caillou ( Jacyln Lancey), her car had lost control and went into the median in Montreal. She was on her way to a shooting of 15/Love. Her co-star was in the car when she died ( Vadim Schnydeir). They both died on contact.

So the next time you think Caillou is stupid, remember the life of Caillou, and how he taught so much to children.
  • I didn't even like this show as a kid.

This show is for kids, but what exactly does it teach them? Caillou is abot the adventures of a bald kid of the same name. This show mainly shows Caillou being a whiny brat that gets whatever he wants through doing so. I don't want a kid seeing that! It sets a bad example for them. For entertainment, it isn't entertaining. So, what is it? I don't know, but the plot is horrible, not funny, and very little character development. I think it doesn't teach our kids anything. Let your kids watch something actually educational or entertaining, like Mr. Rogers, Sesame Street, etc.
    Sorry to the people that like it.
    1/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • a very good show with lots of educational moments in the 1 hour long movie. If anyone is dismissing Caillou because of his "whiny, spoiled brat" scene in an episode then your missing the whole picture

I'm not trying to convince anyone to like anything, but here is why I like Caillou.

Caillou is written by child physiologists, and I think the thing they are trying to impart that may be lost when it is only watched very "on the surface" or passing through the tv room, is that Caillou is a typical 4 year old kid. A typical spirited 4 year old kid anyway... they gear the show to children ages 2-6. Caillou is a four year-old through and through. He is somewhat of a hero for children, and to me that is not a bad thing, I could think of worse heroes to have at 5.

Children look to him to see where they're going; or where they WANT to be going. It helps them build self esteem to try new things like Caillou is trying, and helps build confidence when they accomplish the similar things Caillou is accomplishing. Like riding on an airplane for the first time and being afraid but getting through it with the help of attentive loving parents. Like having stage fright for a part in a play, but doing it anyway with the help of friends and being pleased with his performance even though he fumbelled his lines, and having parents who conform they are proud that he tried his best.

Older children look to him and are reminded of how far they've come in the world. my DD @ 5 LOVES Caillou because she sees that she has done a lot of that stuff and that confirms to her that she is a "big girl" and also, it reassures her that she is not the only kid who gets upset when things go "wrong" from her perspective.
    Caillou is also an big brother and has a younger sister, and DD relates to that as well, and she enjoys being a good role model for her baby brother " just like Caillou is for his baby sister, it is also good to see that Rosie does things that younger 1 yo baby brother does as well, and that it is ok to be upset when a younger sibling ruins your game/painting etc, but that asking mommy or daddy for help intercepting is good too.

Also the way parents interact with Rosie and Caillou is pretty good too. mom doesn't just pull Rosie out of the room and throw her in a play pen, she engages her in conversation though she cannot speak and puts her in the highchair and reinforces that her desires to draw are important to, by giving her paper and a crayon to make her very own art.

At a kids level, Caillou teaches such things as good table manners, being nice to others, cooperation, patience... each episode has real problems, conflicts and joys typical of a young child’s life. It is non violent, and non gender biased with pro parent involvement with good outcomes to the whole story. Children see themselves in Caillou,( at least my kid(s) do) which strengthens the bond they share with their hero in Caillou. His vocabulary is that of a 4 year-old. He talks like real kids talk -- not how adults think children talk and the simplicity but accuracy of the animation of the surroundings and visuals in the show and books are great and the bright colors in both are appealing to children of that age group.

Before Caillou ever became a show we watched in our house ( only the last few months) DD acted that " spoiled whiny, way" very often, and didn't get prompted from TV or other sources as much as it is her own personality. She is a typical kid her age, but perhaps her intensity has a higher gage then most kids. Spirited kids are often labeled as "spoiled and cranky, rude, snots who get their own way all the time" kids.

If you met my daughter in a store when she was hungry or tired and wanted to stay to see more toys, or was interrupted from her activity before she was ready to stop it, you'd think that was all she was as well, and you'd pray for my sanity when I was at home with her, but she is not like that every second of the day, in fact she is a pretty cool kid to be around. And just like my daughter, so is Caillou through an episode.he has many different moments in a single episode. Like Caillou, my daughter is robust, and persistent and full of energy and demanding and loud and argues with me about rules ( setting limits, testing boundaries etc,all normal 2 to 6 year old behavior) perhaps since Caillou's attributes are a bit animated for television, those without such animated children like mine would find that annoying, or negative in the show.

I see Caillou as an example of the spirited kids we raise in society today and the show as a positive way to teach children that just because your spirited doesn't mean you can get away with poor behavior, but also that it is OK to be assert your independence and be perisitant and robust and full of energy. It is the teaching of how and when to use those attributes that matters and I feel Caillou does that for this house anyway.

As a parent, the show and books let me relate to how MY kid thinks and also shows ways of how to handle firecracker moments with their temperament. It also shows that you have to pick your battles, and anyone with a spirited child knows what I mean. I have often found Caillou's moms chosen words to deal with certain situations better then the ones I would have chosen for similar circumstances, and have even learned a thing of too from the show myself.

We just watched the Caillou Christmas special and it was a very good show with lots of educational moments in the 1 hour long movie. I guess they are like diamonds in the rough perhaps? You could miss them if your not looking for them, and they just need a little polishing to make them shine.If anyone is dismissing Caillou because of his whiny, spoiled scene in an episode then i think your missing the whole picture ( or we just have a difference of opinion :))

my toddler son's room has Caillou stickers and we just got him a Caillou doll with a backpack book for one of his solstice gifts, he just loves it and hugs his Caillou. Funny enough, it was never meant to be a "theme" but he loves the Caillou song the tune is catchy.

"* I'm just a kid who's four*

*Each day I grow some more*

*I like exploring*

So many things to do*

*Each day is something new*

*I'll share them with you*

My world is turning*

*Changing each day*

*With Mommy and Daddy*

*I'm finding my way!

Growing up is not so tough*

*Except when I've had enough*

*There's lots of fun stuff*

Caillou, Caillou, I'm Caillou . . .*

*That's me!*

and the other great thing about Caillou, is that he is on the French channel as well, and that is a cool way to get DD to hear french be spoken and understand a bit of what it being said from her remembering the same episode in English :) and also IT'S Canadian!!!
  • and don't me say why he's so popular in the kiddies!

0.0
    Well, Caillou is a 4-old boy created by a psycholog in 1992 for a series of books for kids. The character designs is not great but acceptable for the childs, but transform this charm boy in a TV host show and air on Teletoon since 1997, that's the hell! Same i was 21 now, i never liked Caillou because he's a annoying voice, he's spoiled, brat and rude, but that's not all! Sometimes, he's a bad example for childrens (like the times that he's not take his bath or crying that his parents approved not his choices). Maybe is a educative message (or else) for childrens, that's ashamedly my mind. Mention also that this series are produced in a Montreal Childrens Television so we're no metionned this for pickle his anonyme.
  • a horrible show about a qball and his family. And his adventures thru the eyes of a 4 year old. Horribly pathetic.

2.4
    a 4 year old q ball lives his life and deals with growing up. Typical cartoon show with nothing special. It should of ended much earleir before the death of the voice acotr of cailou. Not worth 5 minutes to watch not really worth my review.I do not se any one remembering this show.
  • This show sucks!

0.3
    What is this piece of junk? I\'ll tell you what it is it\'s a piece of junk. The show is about a whiney, stupid, annoying little brat that always wants things his way. In every episode he cries about something new. Ranging from not being able to do magic tricks right to how he got all dressed (horrably may I add) but can\'t go to the circus. I\'m sorry but this show is not good, it is so bad it makes Barney, Teletubbies, and even Boobah seem like cool shows. However it is quite enjoyable to watch when the stupid bald headed toddler whines.
  • This show is the worst thing it should be illegal to show it on television.

0.0
    This is the worst show on the face of the earth and anyone that watches this junk should not be able to have a TV. The graphics are the worst thing I have seen since the days of black and white and actually black and white tv is better then this load of lameness. This show puts even the PBS show to shame. This show is just boring and stupid, why make a show about things that happen everyday. I don\'t know why they don\'t just save some time and cancel the lame show.
    This show is the worst thing on TV run from it!
  • Ideal show for young children

This show might not be the best in the world, but it does seem to keep young children occupied. Sometimes, I find myself watching this when no one is around. Caillou is a little four year old who has the same problems as all other four year olds. He also has a younger sister, Rosie who gets Caillou in lots of trouble sometimes. The animation on this show always freaks me out because it's not always colored in, but if it'll keep a 3 year quiet for 30 minutes, BRING ON CAILLOU!
  • kind of weird and funny

7.4
    There was one episode when caillou was eating dinner and his parents told him to eat his vegetables and his grandpa just walks in and says come on caillou lets go to the park. Caillou went before he evn finished dinner. Then they go to his grandparents and eat the same thing he ate at his home only he eats it this time. Like I said this show is weird and funny.
  • It's about this 4 year old boy named Caillou who goes on adventures and such.

5.3
    I was flipping channels because I was utterly bored and I turned to pbs and I figured I'd only watch it for a few mintues because after that I would have to leave. The first thing I noticed is that the kid is bald and his name is Caillou(pronounced khi you). Then they show his family going on a vacation and they are on an airplane and the simple minded narration goes "Caillou had never been on a plane before. He wanted to explore everything around him." Then it shows the dad in the seat beside him relaxing listening to music and then the camera focuses on the volume controls and then you see his hand push the button all the way up and blasts the dad's ears out. Then the pilot is walking around on the plane talking to passengers rather then flying the plane. He takes him and his dad to the cockpit and still leaves his copilot driving the plane by himself. Then when they are at the beach the kid is bald now remember that the mom puts sunscreen on the top of his head and that only and nowhere else and then he puts a cap on his head and goes to play. What was the point if he was gonna have a cap on all day and he's gonna get sunburned everywhere else? Then the narrator women goes "Caillou liked picnics but he especially liked them on the beach." And then they show him put his sandwich down on the sand and then when it's sandy he throws it down in a huff and then a seagull comes and swipes it and he gets mad. I didn't get to watch the full epsiode but from what I saw I don't think I'll be letting my kids watch this show but I still will for laughs and laughs only. I feel sorry for the future generation of America when this is supposed to be educational television.
1 2 3 >