Caillou

Wednesday 9:00 AM on PBS Premiered Jan 01, 1998 In Season

Caillou Fan Reviews (78)

4.8
  • I LOVE this Show!

I am so disappointed in all the HATERS who have posted here. If you don't like it DON'T watch it!

I have been in the child care business for over 15 years and now I have 10 grandkids and we all LOVED this show! It is very educational and I have been able to use different episodes for different scenarios in our daily life with my grand kids. So Grow up and Shut up and Turn the Channel if you don't like it. It is really a very cute show! I have 48 episodes on the DVR and also have NETFLIX on my phone and sometimes the grand kids use my phone to watch CAILLOU over and over

Yours truly,

CAILLOU For Ever
  • NEW WAY!

CAILLOU LEARNS HIS OWN LESSONS. MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE, LIKE A THOUSAND, SHOULD BE EPISODES.

* Eh, tell me that it comes on 11 AM on Sprout.....
  • Newest episode is airing soon! Most likely coming out in America around July of 2015.

It's called Caillou Gets Ebola. Caillou was playing with Leo, and then Caillou started not feeling so good, so he went inside Leo's house and made her call Caillou's mom. Caillou's mom picked him up and wondered what was wrong, then Caillou was about to say something until his insides started bleeding, and Caillou's mom rushed him to the hospital, and the doctor said he has the worst case of Ebola. Caillou's Mom called his dad, and his grandparents. They all rushed to the hospital, and they all came to see Caillou, and they were all shocked. Caillou then stayed at the hospital for several weeks, and all of Caillou's family were crying. Miss. Martin was shocked why Caillou didn't come to play school for weeks. Miss. Martin then called Caillou's house wondering why he wasn't coming to play school. Caillou's mom said he had ebola, and Miss. Martin started having a panic attack and she rushed to Caillou's house and made Caillou's parents drive her to go see Caillou. They all came again, and Caillou's insides were bleeding as they went up to his hospital bed. The doctor gave him some Ebola medicine and 10 minutes later he was cured from Ebola. Caillou was so happy that he went home and called up Leo and they played with each other for the whole day. THE END
  • i love caillou and im 14 years old i sing the theme song everyday so shut the fuck up people i wish it would come back on

I love it
  • Got it over a few channels in the past, and last saw it on Hallmark Asia. Hallmark, if you're reading this...

I first saw this programme on NTV7 (yes, the channel I'm pocotting - seems that they're dropping the good stuff and screwing up the remaining good stuff they have), and I can like totally relate to Caillou. From his antics as a big brother to his troubles at preschool, I have experienced it. I was amazed by the amount of detail in Caillou's tribulations, and how much I could relate to them. Then NTV7 cancelled it for some show with flying squirrels and moose, and needless to say, I was put off - I can't click with that!

Hallmark then took over airing it. I was fairly upset because I don't have satellite then - I mean, why must I pay for something that's free elsewhere? And my parents are adding to my burden by not wanting to sign up for satellite. In the end, my Aunt who lives with my grandparents gave in and signed up, and I was happy again.

Happy, until the July 2003. Hallmark dropped Caillou. And the worst part is, they never aired the second season.

So, here I am, having not seen Caillou in two years, wanting to see the second episode. NTV7, Hallmark, Bring back Caillou, damnit!
  • Caillou is one best children television show of all times.

Caillou is one best children television show of all times. I love every bit of it. I used to watch it when I was 4 and I learn so much from it. It made me feel really good and relaxed when I watched it before school in prep and grade 1.
    I very very upset when I thought they didn't show it on television anymore, but was thrilled when it was on again the next day and that was in the year 1999.
    Now I am 16 and I still love to watch it.
    PS: the theme song is very catchy.
    CAILLOU IS THE BEST.
  • Good show I say

Caillou is a 4 year old boy whos exploring every day. He has a pet cat named gillbert. There's a ton of episodes of this show. I have no reason why but whatever their doing I'm liking. I like how detailed the show is for example theirs a subway in his town. Under there there was lots of maps and stuff which I liked just because of the detail. The only thing about the show is that I don't favor the pupet sagments as much as I do the show really. But I do have to say good show and hope for more.
  • Awesome show!

It really frustrated me when people trash this show and claim that caillou is a spoiled whiny kid. NEWSFLASH *** HE'S A FOUR YEAR OLD!!! Most average 4 years olds are bound to think of themselves first. That is not abnormal!!! It is also silly to blame carillou for a child turning into a spoiled brat. If this show is having that much of a devastating effect on your child TURN OFF THE TV AND PARENT THEM YOURSELF. Television is for entertainment and although it can offer some good examples we still need to teach our children right from wrong in the real world. My daughter watches caillou and yes she can be spoiled and whiny but she can also be very loving caring and nurturing at other times. It is the nature of living and learning. I don't attribute any of her negative behaviours to a silly tv show. I grew up watching the road runner and have never had the inclination to blow anything up!!! We need to stop blaming television for our children's behaviours. If they are surrounded by support and love and attention they will be influenced by their family rather then a television show! All you people that don't have or have never experienced your child being whiny all I can say is bull***! If you seriously believe that a television show can have that much of an effect on a child how fair is it to make them watch a perfect child with perfect manners and no behavioural issues??? How are they supposed to measure up or better yet relate!!?? And lastly I don't think yelling or beating my kid is the appropriate way to discipline. Kids learn from mistakes and they need "gentle reminders" such as the ones used by caillous parents. So maybe then this show can teach the parents something rather then just the child.
  • My 2-year old son adores Caillou!!

My 2-year old son enjoys no other program on PBS. He adores Caillou!! He's glued to the TV when Caillou is playing. We have taken to recording episodes on our digital recorder and playing them back at night when he's winding down and getting ready for bed, or any other time we need to give him some "down time". In our family, we know he's learning many thing watching Caillou. Some of the "Golden Rules" are depicted so nicely. How his parents and grandparents relate to him and his little sister is ideal. We could do without the puppets; he always requests that I fast forward past them during the playbacks!
  • a very good show with lots of educational moments in the 1 hour long movie. If anyone is dismissing Caillou because of his "whiny, spoiled brat" scene in an episode then your missing the whole picture

I'm not trying to convince anyone to like anything, but here is why I like Caillou.

Caillou is written by child physiologists, and I think the thing they are trying to impart that may be lost when it is only watched very "on the surface" or passing through the tv room, is that Caillou is a typical 4 year old kid. A typical spirited 4 year old kid anyway... they gear the show to children ages 2-6. Caillou is a four year-old through and through. He is somewhat of a hero for children, and to me that is not a bad thing, I could think of worse heroes to have at 5.

Children look to him to see where they're going; or where they WANT to be going. It helps them build self esteem to try new things like Caillou is trying, and helps build confidence when they accomplish the similar things Caillou is accomplishing. Like riding on an airplane for the first time and being afraid but getting through it with the help of attentive loving parents. Like having stage fright for a part in a play, but doing it anyway with the help of friends and being pleased with his performance even though he fumbelled his lines, and having parents who conform they are proud that he tried his best.

Older children look to him and are reminded of how far they've come in the world. my DD @ 5 LOVES Caillou because she sees that she has done a lot of that stuff and that confirms to her that she is a "big girl" and also, it reassures her that she is not the only kid who gets upset when things go "wrong" from her perspective.
    Caillou is also an big brother and has a younger sister, and DD relates to that as well, and she enjoys being a good role model for her baby brother " just like Caillou is for his baby sister, it is also good to see that Rosie does things that younger 1 yo baby brother does as well, and that it is ok to be upset when a younger sibling ruins your game/painting etc, but that asking mommy or daddy for help intercepting is good too.

Also the way parents interact with Rosie and Caillou is pretty good too. mom doesn't just pull Rosie out of the room and throw her in a play pen, she engages her in conversation though she cannot speak and puts her in the highchair and reinforces that her desires to draw are important to, by giving her paper and a crayon to make her very own art.

At a kids level, Caillou teaches such things as good table manners, being nice to others, cooperation, patience... each episode has real problems, conflicts and joys typical of a young child’s life. It is non violent, and non gender biased with pro parent involvement with good outcomes to the whole story. Children see themselves in Caillou,( at least my kid(s) do) which strengthens the bond they share with their hero in Caillou. His vocabulary is that of a 4 year-old. He talks like real kids talk -- not how adults think children talk and the simplicity but accuracy of the animation of the surroundings and visuals in the show and books are great and the bright colors in both are appealing to children of that age group.

Before Caillou ever became a show we watched in our house ( only the last few months) DD acted that " spoiled whiny, way" very often, and didn't get prompted from TV or other sources as much as it is her own personality. She is a typical kid her age, but perhaps her intensity has a higher gage then most kids. Spirited kids are often labeled as "spoiled and cranky, rude, snots who get their own way all the time" kids.

If you met my daughter in a store when she was hungry or tired and wanted to stay to see more toys, or was interrupted from her activity before she was ready to stop it, you'd think that was all she was as well, and you'd pray for my sanity when I was at home with her, but she is not like that every second of the day, in fact she is a pretty cool kid to be around. And just like my daughter, so is Caillou through an episode.he has many different moments in a single episode. Like Caillou, my daughter is robust, and persistent and full of energy and demanding and loud and argues with me about rules ( setting limits, testing boundaries etc,all normal 2 to 6 year old behavior) perhaps since Caillou's attributes are a bit animated for television, those without such animated children like mine would find that annoying, or negative in the show.

I see Caillou as an example of the spirited kids we raise in society today and the show as a positive way to teach children that just because your spirited doesn't mean you can get away with poor behavior, but also that it is OK to be assert your independence and be perisitant and robust and full of energy. It is the teaching of how and when to use those attributes that matters and I feel Caillou does that for this house anyway.

As a parent, the show and books let me relate to how MY kid thinks and also shows ways of how to handle firecracker moments with their temperament. It also shows that you have to pick your battles, and anyone with a spirited child knows what I mean. I have often found Caillou's moms chosen words to deal with certain situations better then the ones I would have chosen for similar circumstances, and have even learned a thing of too from the show myself.

We just watched the Caillou Christmas special and it was a very good show with lots of educational moments in the 1 hour long movie. I guess they are like diamonds in the rough perhaps? You could miss them if your not looking for them, and they just need a little polishing to make them shine.If anyone is dismissing Caillou because of his whiny, spoiled scene in an episode then i think your missing the whole picture ( or we just have a difference of opinion :))

my toddler son's room has Caillou stickers and we just got him a Caillou doll with a backpack book for one of his solstice gifts, he just loves it and hugs his Caillou. Funny enough, it was never meant to be a "theme" but he loves the Caillou song the tune is catchy.

"* I'm just a kid who's four*

*Each day I grow some more*

*I like exploring*

So many things to do*

*Each day is something new*

*I'll share them with you*

My world is turning*

*Changing each day*

*With Mommy and Daddy*

*I'm finding my way!

Growing up is not so tough*

*Except when I've had enough*

*There's lots of fun stuff*

Caillou, Caillou, I'm Caillou . . .*

*That's me!*

and the other great thing about Caillou, is that he is on the French channel as well, and that is a cool way to get DD to hear french be spoken and understand a bit of what it being said from her remembering the same episode in English :) and also IT'S Canadian!!!
  • I remember watching this show with my sister and being bored to death.

Okay so this show is about a boy Caillou. Who is 4 years old and gets basicly what ever he wants and sings a annoying song. I want to know how this show lasted so long. Stuff like this makes me wonder why writers would ever try to go on strike. I've seen some stupid shows but this will have to be in the top ten. I know its for preschoolers and thats probably the reason why its so idiot. But when i was bored and young and my sister wanted to watch it so i did. Why couldn't i just turn the channel.
  • Caillou is a 3 year old with a baby sister named Rosie. They live with Mommy and Daddy and have adventures suited for a 2-5 year old audience. Caillou learns about things that fascinate a child his age and reacts in a believable way, including occasiona

My 3 year old son will sit and stare for an hour at the television when I put this show on. Caillou is experiencing the things my son deals with everyday, from having to share or being told play quietly; to seeing a shooting star for the first time or helping Mommy bake a cake. His parents are what I think every parent strives to be. They are patient with Caillou and they explain his world to him very well. Yes, his \'adventures\' may not entice even a 7 year old child, but that is because they\'ve grown past the stage of experienceing the ups and downs of that bridge between \'baby\' and \'toddler\'.
  • Ideal show for young children

This show might not be the best in the world, but it does seem to keep young children occupied. Sometimes, I find myself watching this when no one is around. Caillou is a little four year old who has the same problems as all other four year olds. He also has a younger sister, Rosie who gets Caillou in lots of trouble sometimes. The animation on this show always freaks me out because it's not always colored in, but if it'll keep a 3 year quiet for 30 minutes, BRING ON CAILLOU!
  • kids love it

My kids like this show its a typical 4 year rather watch this then spongebob
  • This show can be really informative for young children.

I'm 14 and I still watch this show. I don't watch all the time, though, just only in the summer because sometimes I don't have anything to do so I just watch TV. Cailou is great show for young children. It teaches lessons, helps young children grow, learn, and discover. Cailou is an informative show. It shows how a kid like Cailou learn, grow, and deals with his issues. Young children that watches this can learn the moral of the story of Cailou and the mistakes that Cailou makes and use it in the real world. Even though some of you people don't like this show, it's a good show for kids. And, hey, this show is pretty good for me. I give an 8.0 - Great!
  • This Home and Away episode was quite good- not the best- but was quite sad. tyhe chrtacters, are involved in a horrific car accident, and everybody scrapes through with various injuries, and she is in a very bad condition.

7.9
    This Home and Away episode was quite good- not the best- but was quite sad. tyhe chrtacters, are involved in a horrific car accident, and everybody scrapes through with various injuries, and she is in a very bad condition. She is hardly breathing, but they drag her out of the car and give her CPR. She is taken in an ambulance, and is close to death at the hospital, where he manages to save her.
  • kind of weird and funny

7.4
    There was one episode when caillou was eating dinner and his parents told him to eat his vegetables and his grandpa just walks in and says come on caillou lets go to the park. Caillou went before he evn finished dinner. Then they go to his grandparents and eat the same thing he ate at his home only he eats it this time. Like I said this show is weird and funny.
  • Watch Caillou created after 2006

I've worked in Childcare for the past 6 yrs. and I would not let the kids watch Caillou. I remember in 2007 having a discussion with a parent about how she didn't allow it in her home either due to it teaching children how to be whiny and bratty. Then last year I remember hearing a discussion on a morning talk show on KLUV a (Christian Radio Station) about Caillou. They basically were saying how Caillou used to be that way, but they changed it, and the Host said she allowed her children to watch it, and she never saw that on the show. I now have a 3 yr. old daughter and I let her watch Caillou, but we always watch it on Sprout and haven't noticed it being the way it used to be. In fact, it teaches, sharing, being nice to others, accepting others that may be different, etc.. Things I want my daughter to know. So today, we were watching PBS and Caillou came on, I was watching it with her, and then noticed how whiny Caillou was, and I wanted to change the channel, so I decided to look at info. and it was a show from 2006. Obviously the talk show was accurate, with how it has changed. I looked at some info. and noticed they canceled the show in 2006 on PBS, I'm guessing due to that problem. But, what I don't understand is why PBS would still play shows from 2006 and earlier. If you have a young child, just make sure the Caillou episodes are from after 2006. The Newer ones, I know are not like that!
  • its an okay show

6.7
    Caillous is an okay show. Its for kids. Its about a 4 year old boy named Caillou who is learning new things. I used to watch it sometimes when nothing else was coming on. It is good for little kids to watch for they can also learn from them. Irs a cute show.
  • hes a 4 year old chunk of crap

hes four years old hes a craphead and he gets on my nerves I AM GONNA CALL HIM SNOTTFART
  • caillou is a about a bald-headed boy who learns about growing up.the show is just plain AWFUL because caillou whines about something till he can get it! the parents are much worser because they give the boy what ever he wants!dont lets your kids see it!

6.4
    lo ol o oolo lollol ihgdhdtgdfgfdgdfgdfgdgff f f f f ff f f f f f fg gt g g g g g g g gg gg gtttttttgtt g g g g g g g g g g g gjhb highj g ghhjgbhxcfbhj vfwsjhfudsbjh fbhds fhdsds dbsfdsh sd fjhsdbh frsdhb fjsdugysdbfsdbhfbhjfrbhsd bhrtgr tgrf gtfe gtf tgf gt rgtt rtgr emtret rtret3 try tryu tyt45 rytr y try t6yty7 ty t ytr y7t yt hjtr ytr yt yt ryt try tr ytr ytr ytr y try ty trytr ytr ryt ry rty rt ytr y rty try tr ytr y yt
  • Caillou is far from a great show but kids seem to like it.

5.8
    My kids love it and seem to learn some things from it. I walk out of the room when it's on and take a much needed rest on the couch! That's a good show for me! I need help finding a stuffed animal from when they had the Caillente Kids singing. It's from the "All Wet" episode that aired I believe in 2003. I'm new to this so I don't really know where to look for this. Any help would be great since my son has a dog just like the stuffed bunny that was shown in this episode. Please help!
  • Caillou is a 4 year old boy who lives with his mother, his father, his little sister rosie & his cat gilbert. Each short episode follows caillou where he learns about the world around him from being afraid of the dark to making new friends.

5.5
    It's one of those shows were either you love it or you despise it. It's good for kids in a sense that every kid can relate to him yet it's sort of a bad influence because he whines alot when things don't go his way & his parents give in to it & he also bullies his sister alot by either refusing to share or pushing her out of his room. However some of the episodes are not like other kids shows ( an example being when cailou makes friends with a boy who is mentally disabled ) Small children might like it but adults may find caillou's whining annoying
  • It's about this 4 year old boy named Caillou who goes on adventures and such.

5.3
    I was flipping channels because I was utterly bored and I turned to pbs and I figured I'd only watch it for a few mintues because after that I would have to leave. The first thing I noticed is that the kid is bald and his name is Caillou(pronounced khi you). Then they show his family going on a vacation and they are on an airplane and the simple minded narration goes "Caillou had never been on a plane before. He wanted to explore everything around him." Then it shows the dad in the seat beside him relaxing listening to music and then the camera focuses on the volume controls and then you see his hand push the button all the way up and blasts the dad's ears out. Then the pilot is walking around on the plane talking to passengers rather then flying the plane. He takes him and his dad to the cockpit and still leaves his copilot driving the plane by himself. Then when they are at the beach the kid is bald now remember that the mom puts sunscreen on the top of his head and that only and nowhere else and then he puts a cap on his head and goes to play. What was the point if he was gonna have a cap on all day and he's gonna get sunburned everywhere else? Then the narrator women goes "Caillou liked picnics but he especially liked them on the beach." And then they show him put his sandwich down on the sand and then when it's sandy he throws it down in a huff and then a seagull comes and swipes it and he gets mad. I didn't get to watch the full epsiode but from what I saw I don't think I'll be letting my kids watch this show but I still will for laughs and laughs only. I feel sorry for the future generation of America when this is supposed to be educational television.
  • how...? why...? could...?

Why is Caillou bald??? Its just completley random. Who would name their kid Caillou? What kind of name IS that?? I mean, having the main character bald is bad enough, but why the name? Why is Caillou obsessed with dinosaurs? Whats the big deal about DINOSAURS?????
  • Supernanny,please displine this brat.

Caillou is basically about some kid who goes on many adventures.Now,if I had a kid like Caillou,I would sell him.This kid is basically a spoiled brat.But in the new seasons,he's less of a brat and he's lovable.Now,in the old seasons,he needed a spanking real bad.First off,he's always crying and whining over everything.In one episode,Rosie wanted to play with him,but Caillou thought she was a pest.He even kicked her out of his room.Wow,what an jerk and a brat this kid is.Someone should call the supernanny.And in another episode,he wanted to go to the circus,but it was only a day away.So what does he do?Throw a fit.Wow,that's a sign of impatient.And the parents are just as bad as Arthur's parents.They don't teach Caillou to be a nice kid in the first season.I only saw them twice stand up to Caillou.TWICE?!Also,the animation is just as bad as the show.Half of it looks faded and they should really give Caillou hair.He looks like he has cancer.And why is it that Rosie has just dots for eyes while the rest doesn't?The eyes are just disturbing as the dad's eyebrows.And whatever happened to the puppet skits.Remember Gilbert with Caillou's toys?Well,that's gone now.So in my opinion this show is Bad,Caillou was a brat in the first season and other than that,this show is bad
  • It's about seeing the word throught the eyes of a 4-year-old.

If you don't like it that's your fault. For those who don't know Caillou is dead (literally). Most people reading this right now are like ," Yeah, he's dead"! A tragic accident happened to Caillou ( Jacyln Lancey), her car had lost control and went into the median in Montreal. She was on her way to a shooting of 15/Love. Her co-star was in the car when she died ( Vadim Schnydeir). They both died on contact.

So the next time you think Caillou is stupid, remember the life of Caillou, and how he taught so much to children.
  • I used to watch it occassionally when I was little, but it didn't take me long to grow tired of it. It's a decent show for little kids...I guess.

4.4
    I used to watch it occassionally when I was little, but it didn't take me long to grow tired of it. It's a decent show for little kids...I guess. (The part I enjoyed the most in the episodes was the puppet segment. :P There was just something I didn't really like about Caillou. Idk what it was or why I didn't like him.) The story is about a 4-year-old boy who gets in (a lot) of trouble and gets out of it with the help of his parents and grandparents, and he usually learns a lesson after it all. Caillou was sort of a decent show, but I think it's past its prime.
  • This show is a waste of my time. I like it a little bit but this show is a little bit lame.

4.1
    This show is a bad example and it looks like this show was first aired in 1969 {Figure of speech}. The picture quality is very very dreadful. And the white lining on the corners of my TV screen makes me light headed and I know my screen is not out of adjustment because I checked it like two times and that is it.
  • I'm not entirley sure what's wrong with this kid. He might be possesed, but whatever it is, Caillou does NOT need a TV show.

Especially in this age, little kids shows are almost always educational. After seeing hundreds of these shows, I have NEVER seen a show with this problem in it. Whether it's Barney, Dora, or Mickey Mouse, none of them throw these strange tantrums. These strange tantrums I am talking about can only be found in one show: Caillou. And trust me, this is not the only problem with PBS's hit kid's show Caillou. Find out all the problems here.

Problem #1 Caillou's Head- Ok, I don't know what is wrong with this kid, but his head is pure bald. There is not ONE hair on his head. Because of this, Caillou looks like some kind of alien or something. It's very.... disturbing.

Problem #2 Caillou's Repetetive Questions- In almost every Caillou episode, he has some kind of ridicuolus question about what something does. I have a four year old cousin, (same age as Caillou,) and she is WAY smarter than this kid! Plus, it seems to be that every time he learns a lesson or what something is, he just dumps the info in the next episode. It's ridiculous! He never learns.

Problem #3 Caillou's Tantrums and Dicipline- This is probably the problem that most people like to adress, and I will to. Caillou throws tantrums everytime he dosen't get what he wants. And what do his parents do? Nothing. It's because there cant be to much conflict in a kids show. So, the writers are forced to make the parents do nothing but be nice about it. If you don't beleive me about this, just look at the intro song for the first season. There's a clip of Caillou on the floor with crap all over his face whining and throwing a toy car. I recall this is from the episode when Caillou's dad can't take him to the freakin circus. I got news for you Caillou: Get over it, life is full of dissapointments!

I really have only one compliment for this show.

Compliment #1 Learning Experiences-I'm not going to lie, Caillou is a good show for teaching kids about life. Caillou has many experiences in each episode, and because he asks soooo many questions, kids can learn a lot about the world. Nowof course, behavior wise, this show is AWFUL for kids to watch. However, if you want the truth, kids can pick up a thing or too.

So all in all, Caillou is overpowered by problems rather than compliments. Plus, the one compliment can be found in plenty of other, better kids shows. Listen parents: Avoid Caillou at all costs, unless you want a child who is a spoiled brat. :P

< 1 2 3