Caillou

Wednesday 9:00 AM on PBS Premiered Jan 01, 1998 In Season

Caillou Fan Reviews (65)

4.9
  • Don't let kids watch

I saw this show and I was amazed of how horrible it is! Caillou is very spoiled and whines too much. You don't want your kids to take such bad examples. He pinches his sister to make her cry, he complaints about his friends making pizza the way they want to, etc. this show is a bad examples for kids.
  • Quick! Where's the TV remote? When you see Caillou on your TV screen, change the channel FAST

This show is about a 4-year old who likes to go on adventures. Now, you may find this educational, but it's not. Caillou throws tantrums too much, can't do things that seem really simple, and always cries for his mom. An episode will show him learning a lesson at the end, but in the next episode he either throws a tantrum like usual, or whine. Whenever he whines/throws a tantrum, he sounds like a dying chipmunk, and it can get very annoying quickly.

The artwork is bland (it looks like it's not even humor is corny, storyline is stupid, and the episodes are BOOOOOORING!

My grade: F-

• Why Does This Still Air On PBS Kids?

Because it should've been pulled off, in favor of something actually entertaining and good for younger children such as Dragon Tales.

The art design is unappealing, the character designs look completely juvenile, and not to mention Caillou himself, who is one of the whiniest and most mean-spirited main characters of a kids show I have ever seen. He whines whenever he doesn't get his way, he hurts his sister Rosie in many episodes (the first episode that features Rosie has Caillou pinching her, causing her to scream-cry), and he's overall a little brat. And the parents don't give him the punishment he deserves. The parents just calmly talk to him and tell him it's not OK, without any spatulas or wooden sticks to the a$$ or minutes in timeout spent. I mean, the infamous circus episode shows how bad this show is at teaching its demographic valuable lessons. Yeah, I know shows like Barney and Teletubbies aren't good shows, but at least they're so bad they're funny. Caillou is far from. It's hard to believe that this show came from the golden age of kid's shows. Oh well, that era wasn't perfect.

• Kill this show..

Oh my god. I hate this show. He is a WHINY, SPOILED BRAT. In fact, In a episode called "Caillou The Chef", Jason and Jeffery came over his house and he got upset over the fact that J&J was making their pizzas the way they want. I mean OMG. Wow. Take this show off the air... And the fact that his parents never discipline him. I mean come on?? Can he get adopted or something?? Please, KILL THE SHOW!!

I swear. I hate this show to death. And his parents should always spank him for doing stuff that he's not supposed to. Oh my god. Why did the show even come out?? Wow. Wow. Wow. It gets worse every episode..
  • Please take this whiny cueball off the air!

Yes, people, this is another one of THOSE shows. Where over the seasons, the art design doesn't improve. It just gets WORSE! When I see the newer episodes, the art design looks unfinished and bland! Their faces sometimes look like they've been deformed like if you were putting the parts in the wrong spots with a Mr. Potato Head! The oldest episodes were usually Caillou breaking things, throwing his toys, hurting his younger sister, Rosie, without being punished, spanked, sent to the corner, etc. His parents let him go off scot-free with almost everything to the point just spoils him! In one episode, he invites two friends over just to complain about how they're making their pizza the way they want to. Once again, the mom/dad don't scold at him! Oh, not to mention the narrator, or "The Grandma", only says how that little bald nugget feels. It's like the show is rubbing it in your face that he's being bad!

CREATORS: "Discipline? What's that?"

I also saw an episode where Caillou's dad neglects Rosie on the kitchen table, where Caillou pinches her on the cheek, causing Rosie to squeal. The father, once again, doesn't do crap to discourage Caillou's behavior. All he does is ask Caillou why he doesn't like Rosie. Are you serious? Another episode (the most infamous one out of all of them) is where Caillou breaks his toy car and screaming on the top of his lungs because the circus wasn't until the next day. Once again, no punishment given. Parents around the world, please do yourselves a favor and NEVER EVER expose this to your children!
  • Awesome show!

It really frustrated me when people trash this show and claim that caillou is a spoiled whiny kid. NEWSFLASH *** HE'S A FOUR YEAR OLD!!! Most average 4 years olds are bound to think of themselves first. That is not abnormal!!! It is also silly to blame carillou for a child turning into a spoiled brat. If this show is having that much of a devastating effect on your child TURN OFF THE TV AND PARENT THEM YOURSELF. Television is for entertainment and although it can offer some good examples we still need to teach our children right from wrong in the real world. My daughter watches caillou and yes she can be spoiled and whiny but she can also be very loving caring and nurturing at other times. It is the nature of living and learning. I don't attribute any of her negative behaviours to a silly tv show. I grew up watching the road runner and have never had the inclination to blow anything up!!! We need to stop blaming television for our children's behaviours. If they are surrounded by support and love and attention they will be influenced by their family rather then a television show! All you people that don't have or have never experienced your child being whiny all I can say is bull***! If you seriously believe that a television show can have that much of an effect on a child how fair is it to make them watch a perfect child with perfect manners and no behavioural issues??? How are they supposed to measure up or better yet relate!!?? And lastly I don't think yelling or beating my kid is the appropriate way to discipline. Kids learn from mistakes and they need "gentle reminders" such as the ones used by caillous parents. So maybe then this show can teach the parents something rather then just the child.
  • This show is horrible

An abomination. Meet the whiniest kid ever known to mankind, caillou. A 4-year old sore ass with o life. This show is a disgrace, glad it's over. Thanks for cancelling this, Sprout. My pleasure :D
  • I use to watch this when I was younger, but now, looking back at it, he's a whiny brat. His parents need to discipline him

1.5
    Seriously, how is this show educational? this show teaches kids that you should whine and complain when your parents don't give you what you want. my little brother started watching this show, and now everytime he sees a video game and wants to play it, but can't because it's too violent for him, he starts throwing a temper tantrum hoping he'll get to play it. we don't let him play it, but this is what Caillou teaches kids, that when your parents don't give you what you want, you throw a tantrum until you get it. which is sad, because they give Caillou anything he wants most of the time, or they do nothing at all. What do they do instead? they fucking pamper this brat. I mean, like for example, what if he had a cousin old enough to watch rated R movies, and he's watching Scarface, and Caillou wants to watch with him, and he's told no, because that is a movie you shouldn't let 4 year old children watch, next thing you know, he's throwing a tantrum. are his parents gonna let him watch Scarface? because if I had a kid and I was watching a movie like that, and I won't let him/her watch with me even though they want to, no matter how much they cry and throw a tantrum, I won't let them watch the movie. His parents need to discipline him, tell him it's not ok to throw tantrums when you can't get what you want. I can't believe I watched this show. His parents are irresponsible, giving him anything he wants just from him acting like a whiny brat. They need to fucking slap the shit out of him when he acts like a brat when he doesn't get what he wants. If you want proof on how horrible his parents are, there is this one episode where Caillou's dad couldn't take him to the circus, he throws a toy car on the ground and bangs on the floor making noise, he wakes his sister up and Caillou's dad does nothing but tells him to cut it out and told him he woke up his sister, and when Caillou went downstairs, he slammed his fist on the table in front of his dad. If that were my kid, I would hit them really hard. His parents need to be like Robert Freeman from The Boondocks. and also, in this one episode, He was outside with his friend playing in the backyard, and then a storm comes and they go inside, when Caillou and his Asian friend (I can't remember her name) go to get candles with Caillou's father, at one point, they both shine their flashlights in his eyes, and his dad is laughing at them telling them to stop. News Flash Caillou, that's dangerous, you can blind someone like that. If I had a kid and he did that to me, I would be pissed off at him. When my brother saw that part, he did that to my sister, she got mad and she said Caillou is bad for kids. I agree. my brother throws tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants, like I said above. Another example is in this one episode, when his sister was wearing his favorite shirt that he outgrew, he was whining and complaining and he started to yell in his Mom's face. what does she do, nothing. instead, his mom just gave him the shirt, but that's understandable, because later he realized the shirt was too small for him, so his mom did that to show him he's too big for that shirt. plus, not to sound like a pedophile, but when he wore the shirt, he looked like a slut. I don't get why he doesn't get punished for yelling in his moms face over a stupid shirt. Also, he was once complaining because he was making pizza with his friends, and he got all pissed because they made their pizzas how they wanted, and not how Caillou expected them to be. he expected them to put mushrooms on their pizza and they didn't. not everyone likes mushrooms Caillou. Also, he got mad because one of them put on very little sauce and a ton of cheese on the pizza, while the other put a ton of sauce, but very little cheese on the pizza. One more example is Caillou went to the park with his mom and his sister to catch the ice cream man, when they miss him, Caillou gets mad and yells at his sister and falsely blaming her for making them miss the ice cream man. Again, his mom does nothing about it. When I was 4, and I yelled at my sister, who is 2 years younger than me, like that, my parents would slap the crap out of me. and in Arthur, he got punished for punching his sister, even Arthur's sister who is the same age as Caillou gets punished from time to time, so why can't Caillou's parents discipline Caillou? I understand whoever created this wanted to create a character little kids can relate to, but most kids this age who act like that get punished. so keep this show away from your kids. If I have kids, I will not let them watch this show. One more complaint I have about this show is that Caillou is the center of attention in every episode. Every episode is about Caillou. Why can't other characters steal the show or get their own episode, why does every episode have to be about Caillou? I understand he's the protagonist, an unlikable one for sure, but there are many shows out there where characters other than the protagonist get their own episode or steal the show. I've seen 2 Arthur episodes where Arthur wasn't in them at all, plus, in Arthur, other characters get their own episode. another example is Hey Arnold. Not every episode focuses on Arnold all the damn time, hell, there was an episode where Arnold was in it, but he didn't speak at all. Last example is Everybody Hates Chris, sure every episode is about Chris since Everybody Hates Chris is about the life of Chris Rock, but other characters steal the show, it's not focused on Chris in every scene. That's all I have to say about this show. I give this show a 1.5 because the puppet segments were the only part of the show I could put up with. At least someone else steals the show with the puppet segments, but they got rid of them after 2006.
  • Caillou the epic fail

Caillou centers around a 4 (3 in some episodes) year old who is pretty much a whiny bratt.

The show airs on PBS. In French Caillou means "Rockhead".

Caillou constantly acts like a goody two shoes and that's pretty annoying.

He's like "I'm just going to say positive things all the time".

There's no good material in this show, unless you want your kid as a screwed up jack-head.

He pinches his sister's arm, and makes her cry, Throws a huge temper tantrum, which he never get's in trouble for. Overall, Caillou is the worst show on PBS (excluding Barney). PBS, find something else that will help kids grow up straight
  • This is a scary little boy

Does Caillou have cancer? Everyone seems to think he does because he is a little boy who is bald
  • Wow and I thought barney was bad

Basically this show teaches kids how to whine and get what they want. No wonder kiddy shows aren't so good. That is reason why I don't like them. It's a man children's thing. There's no such thing as a bad or good fan of baby show because its for babies.
  • I'm not entirley sure what's wrong with this kid. He might be possesed, but whatever it is, Caillou does NOT need a TV show.

Especially in this age, little kids shows are almost always educational. After seeing hundreds of these shows, I have NEVER seen a show with this problem in it. Whether it's Barney, Dora, or Mickey Mouse, none of them throw these strange tantrums. These strange tantrums I am talking about can only be found in one show: Caillou. And trust me, this is not the only problem with PBS's hit kid's show Caillou. Find out all the problems here.

Problem #1 Caillou's Head- Ok, I don't know what is wrong with this kid, but his head is pure bald. There is not ONE hair on his head. Because of this, Caillou looks like some kind of alien or something. It's very.... disturbing.

Problem #2 Caillou's Repetetive Questions- In almost every Caillou episode, he has some kind of ridicuolus question about what something does. I have a four year old cousin, (same age as Caillou,) and she is WAY smarter than this kid! Plus, it seems to be that every time he learns a lesson or what something is, he just dumps the info in the next episode. It's ridiculous! He never learns.

Problem #3 Caillou's Tantrums and Dicipline- This is probably the problem that most people like to adress, and I will to. Caillou throws tantrums everytime he dosen't get what he wants. And what do his parents do? Nothing. It's because there cant be to much conflict in a kids show. So, the writers are forced to make the parents do nothing but be nice about it. If you don't beleive me about this, just look at the intro song for the first season. There's a clip of Caillou on the floor with crap all over his face whining and throwing a toy car. I recall this is from the episode when Caillou's dad can't take him to the freakin circus. I got news for you Caillou: Get over it, life is full of dissapointments!

I really have only one compliment for this show.

Compliment #1 Learning Experiences-I'm not going to lie, Caillou is a good show for teaching kids about life. Caillou has many experiences in each episode, and because he asks soooo many questions, kids can learn a lot about the world. Nowof course, behavior wise, this show is AWFUL for kids to watch. However, if you want the truth, kids can pick up a thing or too.

So all in all, Caillou is overpowered by problems rather than compliments. Plus, the one compliment can be found in plenty of other, better kids shows. Listen parents: Avoid Caillou at all costs, unless you want a child who is a spoiled brat. :P

• horrible show!!!m

1.5
    How can you rate this show 5.0!?! The kid is a spoiled brat he never says please or thank you and he can teach your kids great things but in the midst of all his "lessons" the kid is a freaking BRAT!!!! We should just play this on fox with the simpsons from the older days and condone throwing a fit to get your way!!!! My kids will never watch this show! I have 4 kids and none of them get to watch a show where a kid never uses his words or ps and qs! Let's teach kids when mom or dad says no to whine and complaine and throw a tempertantrum!!!! Other than that it would be the best show on sprout.
  • how...? why...? could...?

Why is Caillou bald??? Its just completley random. Who would name their kid Caillou? What kind of name IS that?? I mean, having the main character bald is bad enough, but why the name? Why is Caillou obsessed with dinosaurs? Whats the big deal about DINOSAURS?????
  • Got it over a few channels in the past, and last saw it on Hallmark Asia. Hallmark, if you're reading this...

I first saw this programme on NTV7 (yes, the channel I'm pocotting - seems that they're dropping the good stuff and screwing up the remaining good stuff they have), and I can like totally relate to Caillou. From his antics as a big brother to his troubles at preschool, I have experienced it. I was amazed by the amount of detail in Caillou's tribulations, and how much I could relate to them. Then NTV7 cancelled it for some show with flying squirrels and moose, and needless to say, I was put off - I can't click with that!

Hallmark then took over airing it. I was fairly upset because I don't have satellite then - I mean, why must I pay for something that's free elsewhere? And my parents are adding to my burden by not wanting to sign up for satellite. In the end, my Aunt who lives with my grandparents gave in and signed up, and I was happy again.

Happy, until the July 2003. Hallmark dropped Caillou. And the worst part is, they never aired the second season.

So, here I am, having not seen Caillou in two years, wanting to see the second episode. NTV7, Hallmark, Bring back Caillou, damnit!
  • Spoiled brat that needs spanking and new strict parents that will adopt him.

Argh.

Plot: Caillou. A spoiled brat, because of his parents that often pampers him all the way even if he did something wrong.

Characters: Caillou and his parents, and everyone! If that kid was my brother, then I'm the one who's going to discipline this kid. I am very strict when it comes to my brothers, we'll practice about fairness. Why is that Caillou bald? He's the one of the worst main characters ever! He should be caged in with "Johnny Test", who is spoiled as him!

Ed.Value: Spoiled attitude is a value! we must cry and whine more to our parents! and our parents should be pampering us all the time! *sarcasm*

Art: Good art, except for that bald kid. Why is he bald again? I bet it's because of radiation. Animation is okay.

Overall: -3.1. Spoiled brat.
  • Caillou is no longer a good kid show. Wont be watching anymore.

My child used to love to watch Caillou. Not very many episodes but they were so good that watching the same ones over and over was OK. The shows were fun, innocent, adventurous, and offered a good influence showing the kids to be polite and courteous of others. Now the new episodes are dull, uninspiring, unadventurous, and depict all the kids as nasty little brats who are rude and unappreciative. Sadly, we won't be watching any more Caillou shows. Looks like the writers changed, and possibly the voices as well. Too bad.
  • New Caillou Espisodes of 2012, more bratty behavior & whining

This show teaches kids how to behave badly, lash out, be rude and have tantrums every minute. They even show he on the toilet, running around in a towel and even his underwear. I thought these shows would exhibit improved behavior especially since the last ones were talked about so bad. The creators of the show must not read these reviews because this type of behavior should have stopped years ago. This is why little boys don't grow up to be well behaved young men. Caillou is the center of attention every episode I rarely see Clemintine, Leo, Jason, Jeffrey, or sara stealing the show, having the shine or doing anything first in class or anything. They never discipline Caillou or punish he nor do they give him time outs or spankings. To each it's own in the rearing of the child in your own homes but Caillou is never and I do mean never STOPPED in his tracks when he does something wrong or rude. He's just pacified or pampered and that leads children watching to think this behavior is ok. CAILLOU IS RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL, AND VERY ILL MANNERED. HIS SHOWS DON'T HAVE ANY SING-a-LONGS nor DO THEY TEACH ANYTHING EDUCATIONAL. HOW LONG IS HE GOING TO BE 4 BUT BEHAVING LIKE HE'S 2. My son & myself are soooooooooo over him. Unfortunately he is in the sprout show line up so we have to watch his BRATTY,WHINNY,OBNOXIOUS ASS
  • Watch Caillou created after 2006

I've worked in Childcare for the past 6 yrs. and I would not let the kids watch Caillou. I remember in 2007 having a discussion with a parent about how she didn't allow it in her home either due to it teaching children how to be whiny and bratty. Then last year I remember hearing a discussion on a morning talk show on KLUV a (Christian Radio Station) about Caillou. They basically were saying how Caillou used to be that way, but they changed it, and the Host said she allowed her children to watch it, and she never saw that on the show. I now have a 3 yr. old daughter and I let her watch Caillou, but we always watch it on Sprout and haven't noticed it being the way it used to be. In fact, it teaches, sharing, being nice to others, accepting others that may be different, etc.. Things I want my daughter to know. So today, we were watching PBS and Caillou came on, I was watching it with her, and then noticed how whiny Caillou was, and I wanted to change the channel, so I decided to look at info. and it was a show from 2006. Obviously the talk show was accurate, with how it has changed. I looked at some info. and noticed they canceled the show in 2006 on PBS, I'm guessing due to that problem. But, what I don't understand is why PBS would still play shows from 2006 and earlier. If you have a young child, just make sure the Caillou episodes are from after 2006. The Newer ones, I know are not like that!
  • Whoever made this show should be executed ASAP!!!

We can't afford the creator of this show to create anything this idiotic again!

Caillou is the whiniest child on planet earth. The worst part is instead of the parents telling him to shut the fuck up and suck it up, they indulge in his bullshit behavior.

If Caillou has cancer, which would explain his bald head, the show would be better. At least then I would know his life expectancy would be cut short and he would never make it to adult life. Could you imagine Caillou as an adult?

Why did someone feel that teaching children to be this way was ok? What postive impact does Caillou's attitude and lack of "dealing with it" make any logic?

Let's stop raising kids like little precious glass figurines.

Beatings are required when necessary.

• If I were a parent and I had a child like Caillou, I would send him to military school ASAP

1.5
    If you are looking for an educational show that teaches kids to be spoiled brats, look no further than Caillou. Caillou is about a 4 year old who gets into adventures with his friends and family. He spends a lot of the time whining and complaining about stuff that doesn't go his way. And by a lot, I mean like 90% of the show shows Caillou being a whiny little spoiled brat who cries a lot and throws temper tantrums. He is one spoiled kid who deserves a good spanking from his parents. Speaking of the parents, Caillou's mom and dad are terrible parents. They don't do anything to control Caillou at all. They may lecture him every blue moon, but they pamper Caillou too much. Where is Grandad from The Boondocks when you need him? Caillou is also the weakest and spineless person on a kids' show. He is always afraid, he calls for his parents too much, refuses to do anything that may seem simple, and despite him overcoming a fear, the next episode shows him being weak and spineless again, and never learns anything. I know that when we were all kids, we had different fears as well, and had to learn to overcome our fears, and as we conquered them we became stronger and more confident, but Caillou is still the same old spineless person who never gets more confident or stronger. For crying out loud, Rosie, Caillou's sister, has more backbone and she's two. Then of course there is his inability to learn. Caillou learns about sharing in one episode, and forgets about it the next episode after. Another one is when he has friends over and when they make pizza, the friends make them differently and thinks they should do it his way. Then there is the episode where Caillou's sister is given his favorite shirt as a hand me down and he acts selfish by wanting the shirt back. So Caillou is teaching kids to not share, be judgmental and have friends do what you are doing, and be selfish. Way to teach kids the right things PBS. And why is Caillou bald? No one else is bald but him. Does he have cancer or leukemia? We are never told. The artwork is bland in this show, and the scenes always have a white edge around them. did the artists not have time to complete the picture? The animation is stiff most of the time and feels choppy. To be fair the only good thing in this show was the puppet segments. They were OK, but not great and the only part that Caillou wasn't whining. The only thing this show teaches kids to do is be a whiny spoiled brat like Caillou. If you are a parent and you see your toddler watching this, block this channel and keep them away from this show. I question the meaning of life, but I just question the meaning of this show.
  • Most dangerous show on kid's TV.

How any network official can buy this show season after season is beyond me. I suspect someone has a warped sense of humour. This show is supposedly aimed at four year-olds but what the show's producers and writers apparently fail to realise is that four year-old kids see Caillou as a role model and they copy him. This had the effect of turning my daughter from a very well-adjusted 4 year-old into an annoying brat. After I saw my daughter laying on the floor kicking her legs and yelling in a scene from the Caillou intro I knew that this show had to be locked. After I blocked this show she turned back into the little angel we're used to having around the house.

Caillou is TV's most annoying brat. He is a dangerous influence on kids and I believe he shouldn't even be on the TV. The show's only use would be as a cautionary tale for parents who have an even whinier kid of their own, but personally I don't see how that would be possible. Actually if the show's only flaw was that it's main character was whiny it might serve some positive function, but sadly not only is the show's star whiny, he's not exactly the brightest 4 year-old on the planet either. He has the intellectual capacity of a particularly slow three year-old. His parents aren't all that bright either.

Altogether I think the best possible thing to do with this show is to cancel it ASAP and try our best to forget it. I prefer Barney to Caillou - at least Barney's annoying sickly sweetness is not something that actually makes our kids worse-behaved. Even Boohbah is better than Caillou - I mean Boohbah is a series that looks like it was made by people high on some sort of heavy duty psychedelic drug, but even so it sends a less disturbing message than Caillou.
  • Looks like Angelica from Rugrats has a rival

PBS Kids is suffering from stupidity these days. And there were even a few bad shows from the past like Barney and Friends. However,this has got to be one of their worst ones ever made. Caillou is about a 4-year old brat named Caillou who goes on adventures and learns how to grow up. Did I tell you he was brat? Yes,I did. Oh my god,Caillou has got to be one of the worst protagonist ever in a educational show. All he ever does is cry,whine and want everything. He is also impatient,and barely says "Thank you" or "Please". I heard him say those words,but when he gets something,he never says "Thank You". (When he got cotton candy,he said "Gimmie". How rude). In the new seasons now,he just gets disappointed now,and even cries at times. Rosie is no better at all,and worse than Caillou. She always wants to do what Caillou does,and screws things up. I wish I could hit that little brat (No not Caillou). The parents suck at parenting. They never get mad at Caillou,and never remind him to say "Thank you". The friends are Ok,but not good. Clementine is nice at times,but can't save the show. Leo is worse though. Seriously,why is Caillou friends with him even though he teased him the first day he met him? The Jason twins are annoying,and the chinese girl (Forgot her name) looks like she's mad at times. The animation is just bad,in the new seasons. Everyone looks like their moving slowly and why is the sky white? Also,we are never told why Caillou is bald. I know the creators made him bald to be different than everybody else,but seriously,he looks like he has cancer. The education just fails. All it teaches kids is to throw tantrums like Caillou,and that is true. I'm hearing from people that their sisters or brothers are being like Caillou. And it also teaches kids bad things. In one episode,Rosie and Caillou fight over a library book,and rip it. They end up taping it with the girl who checks out the books,and no harm is done. What does that teach kids? That you don't have to pay for the book? Seriously,this show has bad education. Overall,Caillou is a show that teaches kids to be brats. Don't let your young sons or daughters or brothers or sisters see it. If you want to see a brat,watch Angelica on Rugrats.
  • Caillou is not a great representative for 4 year old children. He talks like a whiney 2 year old and controls his parents through demands and badtantrums. http://socialstork.com/blog/caillou-bad-influence/ My parent followers feel strongly about Caillou.

Caillou isn't a great representative for 4 year old children. He talks like a whiney 2 year old and controls his parents through demands and tantrums. http://socialstork.com/blog/caillou-bad-influence/ My parent followers feel strongly about Caillou. Some of their comments are that he is whiney, brat, bossy, uses bad words like hate and stupid, parents do not discipline enough, safety issues, and so much more! Check it out to see some clips and some more reviews.

• Supernanny,please displine this brat.

Caillou is basically about some kid who goes on many adventures.Now,if I had a kid like Caillou,I would sell him.This kid is basically a spoiled brat.But in the new seasons,he's less of a brat and he's lovable.Now,in the old seasons,he needed a spanking real bad.First off,he's always crying and whining over everything.In one episode,Rosie wanted to play with him,but Caillou thought she was a pest.He even kicked her out of his room.Wow,what an jerk and a brat this kid is.Someone should call the supernanny.And in another episode,he wanted to go to the circus,but it was only a day away.So what does he do?Throw a fit.Wow,that's a sign of impatient.And the parents are just as bad as Arthur's parents.They don't teach Caillou to be a nice kid in the first season.I only saw them twice stand up to Caillou.TWICE?!Also,the animation is just as bad as the show.Half of it looks faded and they should really give Caillou hair.He looks like he has cancer.And why is it that Rosie has just dots for eyes while the rest doesn't?The eyes are just disturbing as the dad's eyebrows.And whatever happened to the puppet skits.Remember Gilbert with Caillou's toys?Well,that's gone now.So in my opinion this show is Bad,Caillou was a brat in the first season and other than that,this show is bad
  • Annoying little whiny brat...

Whoa. I have to agree, Caillou is the whiniest bald kid on Earth. Even Charlie Brown wasn't this whiny, and he took life like a man. Caillou screams to get what he wants, and makes Charlie Brown look like a saint in comparison. Caillou isn't even cute! His attitude sucks, and he needs life lessons from the Peanuts gang, specifically Charlie Brown. "Growing up is the greatest adventure of all"...

...growing up does not consist of shrieking to get what you want; and I'd like to see this kid when he grows up and faces the real world where jobs won't accept him if he screams how life isn't fair, or that he can't get what he wants out of his job. Also, no offense, but-dead, shmed. The actress may have died, but her voice for Caillou was annoying!
  • Bald and whiny...

• Caillou is the KING OF WHINING!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!

The biggest reason why I can't stand this show is because Caillou whines too much, and it's pretty irritating. Also, this show has been on PBS for quite a long time (about 9 years), so I would like to see it get cancelled soon.

------------------------------------------------------

Caillou's "Whining" Trivia:

1. In the theme song (older episodes), it shows him whining, crying, and throwing his trademark fit (from the episode "Caillou Joins the Circus".)

2. He whines/cries in these following episodes:

- Caillou Rides a Bike
    - Caillou and the Big Slide
    - Caillou Learns to Skate

and many more...

3. I find that he cries for numerous reasons. (I wonder what he'll whine about next???)

4. When he whines/cries, he then gets things his way. Like is that even FAIR???

5. He whines in almost every episode (about 88% of the time)

He cries in about 44% of the episodes.

6. Many Caillou books show him crying.

7. Caillou whines/cries slightly more than Rosie, his younger infant sister.

8. Usually when Caillou whines, he says one of these following phrases:

"No! I don't want to!"
    "I can't do it!"
    "Mommy!"

------------------------------------------------------

I don't trust this show! It encourages young children to whine, like Caillou!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

See what I mean???

My Rating: 2.0 out of 10
  • Caillou is one best children television show of all times.

Caillou is one best children television show of all times. I love every bit of it. I used to watch it when I was 4 and I learn so much from it. It made me feel really good and relaxed when I watched it before school in prep and grade 1.
    I very very upset when I thought they didn't show it on television anymore, but was thrilled when it was on again the next day and that was in the year 1999.
    Now I am 16 and I still love to watch it.
    PS: the theme song is very catchy.
    CAILLOU IS THE BEST.
  • I recentley saw an episode of this crap,

and it... sucked. They act like everychild wants to be some stupid bald kid with beads for eyes. When I was younger I wanted to be someone cool like Bart Simpson or Nester from the Nintendo Power comics. In every episode this kid has... I mean, CAUSES a problem and the parents clean it up and apoligize to him for yelling at him. Even though the two other characters I mentioned are bad models, they AREN'T meant TO be role models, Caillou IS meant TO be a role model. In other words, bad show.
SPROUT