Caillou

Wednesday 9:00 AM on PBS Premiered Jan 01, 1998 In Season

Caillou Fan Reviews (67)

4.9
  • I'm not entirley sure what's wrong with this kid. He might be possesed, but whatever it is, Caillou does NOT need a TV show.

Especially in this age, little kids shows are almost always educational. After seeing hundreds of these shows, I have NEVER seen a show with this problem in it. Whether it's Barney, Dora, or Mickey Mouse, none of them throw these strange tantrums. These strange tantrums I am talking about can only be found in one show: Caillou. And trust me, this is not the only problem with PBS's hit kid's show Caillou. Find out all the problems here.

Problem #1 Caillou's Head- Ok, I don't know what is wrong with this kid, but his head is pure bald. There is not ONE hair on his head. Because of this, Caillou looks like some kind of alien or something. It's very.... disturbing.

Problem #2 Caillou's Repetetive Questions- In almost every Caillou episode, he has some kind of ridicuolus question about what something does. I have a four year old cousin, (same age as Caillou,) and she is WAY smarter than this kid! Plus, it seems to be that every time he learns a lesson or what something is, he just dumps the info in the next episode. It's ridiculous! He never learns.

Problem #3 Caillou's Tantrums and Dicipline- This is probably the problem that most people like to adress, and I will to. Caillou throws tantrums everytime he dosen't get what he wants. And what do his parents do? Nothing. It's because there cant be to much conflict in a kids show. So, the writers are forced to make the parents do nothing but be nice about it. If you don't beleive me about this, just look at the intro song for the first season. There's a clip of Caillou on the floor with crap all over his face whining and throwing a toy car. I recall this is from the episode when Caillou's dad can't take him to the freakin circus. I got news for you Caillou: Get over it, life is full of dissapointments!

I really have only one compliment for this show.

Compliment #1 Learning Experiences-I'm not going to lie, Caillou is a good show for teaching kids about life. Caillou has many experiences in each episode, and because he asks soooo many questions, kids can learn a lot about the world. Nowof course, behavior wise, this show is AWFUL for kids to watch. However, if you want the truth, kids can pick up a thing or too.

So all in all, Caillou is overpowered by problems rather than compliments. Plus, the one compliment can be found in plenty of other, better kids shows. Listen parents: Avoid Caillou at all costs, unless you want a child who is a spoiled brat. :P