Caillou

PBS (ended 2006)

Caillou Fan Reviews (64)

4.9
  • Watch Caillou created after 2006

I've worked in Childcare for the past 6 yrs. and I would not let the kids watch Caillou. I remember in 2007 having a discussion with a parent about how she didn't allow it in her home either due to it teaching children how to be whiny and bratty. Then last year I remember hearing a discussion on a morning talk show on KLUV a (Christian Radio Station) about Caillou. They basically were saying how Caillou used to be that way, but they changed it, and the Host said she allowed her children to watch it, and she never saw that on the show. I now have a 3 yr. old daughter and I let her watch Caillou, but we always watch it on Sprout and haven't noticed it being the way it used to be. In fact, it teaches, sharing, being nice to others, accepting others that may be different, etc.. Things I want my daughter to know. So today, we were watching PBS and Caillou came on, I was watching it with her, and then noticed how whiny Caillou was, and I wanted to change the channel, so I decided to look at info. and it was a show from 2006. Obviously the talk show was accurate, with how it has changed. I looked at some info. and noticed they canceled the show in 2006 on PBS, I'm guessing due to that problem. But, what I don't understand is why PBS would still play shows from 2006 and earlier. If you have a young child, just make sure the Caillou episodes are from after 2006. The Newer ones, I know are not like that!