California Dreams

NBC (ended 1997)

California Dreams Fan Reviews (26)

• a rockin' teen flick for everyone!

California Dreams is one of the lovable teen-flick comedy drama I used to watch during Saturday mornings at NBC channel, correct me if I'm wrong. The whole characters here act naturally and cool. I love all of them most especially Jake Sommers, he's freaking hot! I love the plot about the tennagers who formed a rock band and everything went so well. Too bad the show ended after 5 energetic rockin season. But I'm so happy that after googling so many DVD Stores online, I found a very good copy at memorylanedvd .com which provided me the kind of DVD set I've been looking for a very long time great quality with complete episodes. I'm so thankful I finally have it! You better watch this teeny bop show, it really gives you the powerhouse casts, amazing plot and of course wonderful songs you'll heard on every episode.
  • Great show

this is a great tv show from the 90's and so much more appealing then Saved By The Bell, I hope to see a reunion in the near future, I'm pretty sure the cast from this tv series are not doing much work now-a-days
  • Follow your California Dreams

Following the success of Saved By The Bell in 1989 producer Peter Engel unleashed California Dreams in 1992 as a awesome teen comedy with humor excitement romance and of course a wonderful soundtrack produced by Steve Tyrell and soon after it's debut California Dreams became one of NBC's most watched Saturday Morning shows of the 90's and was the subject of many merchandise ranging from board games dolls and even a CD of the many songs featured in the show. Since then there was no stopping this show and with a great storyline California Dreams is a great show that's worth seeing and don't miss the awesome theme song. I think Peter Engel hit a a home run with the debut of this show and knowing how successful California Dreams was it would've been nice to see a great spin-off show

Until we see a California Dreams reunion this show is also featured on DVD also

• I still can't stand not seeing this show on tv. I would watch this show and then save by the bell. now all i get to watch is saved by the bell. I wish that i could see this show again. It needs to start with the first show and keep going.

Best teen show that was on at the time. Bring it back on tv. I know that a lot of other people out there want to see it back on the air. I grew up watching this show as a child and a teen and i miss it everyday when i turn on the tv. I know that it probably won't ever be back on but i do believe that they need to make all the seasons available to buy. I also beleive that they should do a reunion for the case of the show. People would love to watch the show again.
  • I Really liked the show. I Want them to put the show on DVD. I haven't seen that show in a long time but would love to see it again. I really don't know what else to say about it. I know it will be to late for a cd from that show but it's to late for that

I really liked the show a lot. I wish they would have put out a cd like an older show called Guys next door. I think they should also put it on DVD. They put everything else on DVD, why not that show? Does anybody remember what company put out the show or what channel it was on? Maybe I could send them an email asking them to put it on DVD.I would buy every season or put it on my want list with all the other DVD's that I want. I wonder what the cast of that show is doing now?
  • Bring it back!!

I wish they would bring this show back. I loved it so much. When it was on during the summer one year I taped as many as I could, that way I could still have a few episodes. I still find them to be hilarious and the California Dreams are a great band with great music. I think people now would love to watch this show. Because it seems like people can't get enough of music. There's American Idol, High School Musical (which I don't like, but millions of people do), You're the One I want, and other tv shows and movies that has to do with music, are big hits. One of the things that I loved most about this show was the relationship between the friends. Please bring this show back, if not please, please put it on dvd, so we can enjoy it.
  • As a teen saturday morning was about saved by the bell california dreams and hang time...

Ok so this is one of my favorite shows. It about a group of kids trying to make it (or at least just trying to live life) as a band. now being someone who was into music i was hooked. i know this wasn't real but it was fun to watch them trying to make it big and watch them being a band. The show went through some changes with band members coming and going but i think they did get it right in the end. I loved jakes character. i just wanted to be that. The guy who was good looking riding the bike and a lead guitar player! he was the epitomy of cool to me. Tifiany was the hot surfer chick...Mark was the cool and dork keyboard/singer guy, sly was the sneeky band manger. tony was the cool drummer and sam was the exotic hottie who could do it all. an amazing show with a great cast. Sure it wasn't alway written well but it gave me some great memories
  • "Just let me lay here in the sun until my dream is done."

Good vibrations feeling mellow

I LOVED this show! Everytime I think about California Dreams it always reminds me of my childhood.

The storylines were fairly typical for those teenage Saturday morning shows on an episode to episode basis but what truly set this show apart was the MUSIC. The music they played was awesome and I wish back then there was such a thing as iTunes/youtube/etc.

All the Sharkey's rendezvous, school projects, the random hook ups and relationships, writing songs, practicing, looking for gigs, and actually playing the gigs...

It was great carefree television that I hope will be around on reruns again someday.
  • This show is truly unbelievable.i love this show it is my favorite show i love the songs and the show itself A+.

This show is truly unbelievable.i love this show it is my favorite show i love the songs and the show itself A+.and if i were the makers or production company of this show i would release the dvd soon because it is a classic and the dvd season set will be sold out less than 2 minutes.like saved by the bell but better.This show is truly unbelievable.i love this show it is my favorite show i love the songs and the show itself A+.and if i were the makers or production company of this show i would release the dvd soon because it is a classic and the dvd season set will be sold out less than 2 minutes.like saved by the bell but better
  • Living in California, a bunch of cool teenagers decide to form a rock band, the Dreams. Between gigs, they have to deal with real-life issues.

I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!! I\'m trying to delete but don\'t know how!!!
  • Cute--unbelievably dated, but really cute.

It is a really dated show now, but it was cute at the time. Watching it, it's easy to tell that it's in the "Saved By The Bell" family (with some of the same recycled plots, thank you Peter Engel). But the music was catchy and fun and the characters were genuine and sweet.

The episodes were very predictable after a while, but every once in a while something would come out of left field (who would have thought Sly and Lorena would have wound up together?).

It a nice little show and a fond memory. The series finale was very touching, and Saturday mornings just haven't been the same since.
  • saturday morning show

6.2
    this was a show that came about because of the popularity of saved by the bell. the first couple of seasons were pretty good. it went downhill after that. this was a time that saw the end of saturday morning cartoon. in a push to get into a different demographic nbc went to scripted shows targeting young teenagers. it worked and they still have scripted shows because of the successful formula.
  • To be a teenager in this day in age is hard enough yet alone trying to bring up our kids now. Home and Away gives that sense of confidence to be able to cope and understand what can and could happen to any kids or adults in real life.

To be a teenager in this day in age is hard enough yet alone trying to bring up our kids now. Home and Away gives that sense of confidence to be able to cope and understand what can and could happen to any kids or adults in real life. I myself have had a few experiences like anyone else and too have this show in my life it is like a blessing.
  • A great OLD SCHOOL show!!!

I loved this show unfortuantly they havent put it on air in a VERY long time i miss the show darely and cant wait until they either put it back on the air or put it on dvd!!!! OLD SCHOOL TV!!! Peter Engel has made some awesome shows including \"Saved By The Bell\" Thank g-d that is still on air in the mornings and thank g-d for dvr so i can record it. They MUST put California Dreams back its part of growing up!! It teaches you the importance of friends and caring for them and how crucial they are to you life!
  • This was and is my all time favorite show. Its just a shame that there is no way to watch it anymore. I even tried to get it on limewire to watch some episodes but there arent any. They atleast need to get this out on DVD. Its a classic.

The show was the total package. It had alot of comedy be it from Jay Anthony Franke (Jake), the rough and tough one of the bunch (my personal fav. actor) .. Or if it was Sly the clown of the bunch doing stupid things. Not only was there comedy but it was jam packed with drama, action, extremely entertaining. I think it was one step above saved by the bell. Anyone can do a classroom tv show, this was a very original idea. No other show out there is like this one. They need to bring it back. Thats about all I have to say.
  • I grew up watching this show, and it's helped me become the person that I am today. The show had a unique blend of comedy, drama, romance, and music, making it in many peoples' opinions the best television show ever. California Dreams needs to come back!

Before you read this, please go to tvshowsondvd.com and vote for the show to be on DVD. Also please visit my MySpace page at myspace.com/thecaliforniadreams.

As it is sung in their last song titled 'So Glad I Was There', the lyrics are "There will never be another time and place, that will ever be quite the same." And it's true. California Dreams was truly a magical show. The love that Tiffani and Jake had for one another was so real it brought tears to my eyes. Every character was original and had their own flaws, but this also made them very good friends who were always there for eachother. The music was amazing. My favorite is "Someone To Hold Onto", a duet sung by Jake (Jay Anthony Franke) and Tiffani (Kelly Packard). There are so many more great things I could say, like all the jokes shared in every episode, all the messes the gang got themselves into, and all the moments that you never forget. This show needs to come out on DVD. In fact, they need a California Dreams reunion. Long live California Dreams!
  • Where is the DVD?

This show was always put 2nd to Saved By The Bell. But I was grounded for more than half of my high school days, and this show helped the time go by. They need to come out with a DVD. That would simply rule. Some of the best looking girls on this show too, lol.
  • I spent a majority of my childhood addicted to this show!

I used to love watching California Dreams. My older sister and I would always be sitting in front of the television whenever it was on, glued to the screen for the whole duration. We used to sing along to the theme tune and try and sing along with the band...although we didn't sound any good lol. I just loved the overwhelming feeling of being in a little bubble where you can't be disturbed when the show was on....but I was very young lol.
    It was just a fun show which always made me laugh, and gave me some very good childhood memories of those rare times when my sister and I wouldn't be at each other's throats!
  • I wish this show would come back on air!!! When this was on it was one of my favorites. I haven't seen it in so long I bet it would be like a new show coming onair. I hope it comes on again very soon!!! bring this show back !!!

• a show about a bunch of teens who had a band and went to school and some managed jobs. While all would deal with different problems from there personal life and family issues to relationship problems. With this going on they were still trying to get the m

This show was a funny show. You don't have to many comedies on that's surrounded by the music scene. nobody knew i watched this because this was far from what i watched and alot of my friends thought it was a corny show and i kind of felt embarrassed about it being that i was very young, they know now, but it was overall full of laughs and could relate to the real world.
  • Did this show fall off the face of the earth? I love this show and it is never on anymore.

What happened to this show? It used to be on all the time and now it is never on and is not being released on DVD anytime soon. If Saved By The Bell The New Class can have the whole series released then why can't this show be released as well. I liked the first season with Matt and his sister the best but the rest of the shows were good to. I wish if nothing else it was back on tv where it belongs. I can't think of a episode that I didn't like. I love this show.
  • I think this show was a little under-appreciated it's unfortunate it fizzled totally out so quickly.

I have to say I do like this show. The concept is unoriginal, the characters are unorignal, even the setting, in fact the only truly orginal thing about this show is the music but I still tuned it.

It's very entertaining but I can understand why it went down the tubes, although I do wish they would show at least the occasional re-run, even at 2 in the morning. I'd tape it just for the sake of reliving it just once more.

Personally I felt it was miles behing Boy Meets World, but managed to stay just ahead of Saved by the Bell. Even though Bell had a bigger fan base I gotta say Dreams just did it better.
  • BRING IT BACK!!!

I grew up watching this and SBTB.....I have some video's from this show, just to try to remember it......bring it back!!! All the characters disapearred where did it go? It was about some teen's who grew up and played in a rock band.....they faced problems from drinking and driving to broken bones and so on.......WHERE ARE YOU???
  • absolutly fabulous!wish they have it on dvd season set soon!

• This show was on of the saddest and most poorly written shows that I have ever loved...but I was younger when I was obsessed with it.

I loved California Dreams because I loved the lives that the characters lived--out in sunny California, surfing, playing music in their supposedly kickass band--it was intriguing. I wanted my teenage years to be just like that--their problems all seemed so trivial, and I thought if that was the worst life could throw at a teen, then it would be amazing. Also, it was a mildly funny show, with some extraordinarily humorous spots. I wanted to be Kelly Packard's character--the beautiful, ditzy blonde who was athletic (basically a jock), and just plain amazing. SUCH a guilty pleasure.
  • A teen band goes through normal teen challenges. Break-ups, accidents, jealousy, and much more challenge the Dreamers.

This show is absolutley brilliant in the way they let you get to love the characters. Each of them have different strengths and weaknesses that comliment the next. Although simalar to Saved By The Bell, In my oppinion California Dreams is ther better of the two. I feel they should put this show back on the air. California Dreams is my favorite show and I encourage you to love this show too!