Californication

Another Perfect Day

Aired Sunday 10:30 PM Mar 06, 2011 on Showtime

• Hank temporarily moves back in with Becca and Karen

I was a bit harsh on last week's episode, but I was truly frustrated at how the promise of the first half of the season gave away to just jumping back and forth between Hank having sex with this woman or that woman. It was turning into a repetitive season, one that the show has already done better before. However, once again, the show gives us an episode of the kind of nice guy that Hank could be if he chose to get over his obsession with having sex with every woman in sight.

The aftermath of Hank sleeping with Mia hasn't been nearly as crazy as I expected. Obviously his family is upset with him, but they seem so reluctant to forgive him. I was hoping there'd be more angry drama, but whatever.. I do like that Hank has these really great moments where he proves himself to be a funny and great father and husband. I liked that they were able to put him in a situation where he could not be blamed for something bad that happened. Next week's episode should be awesome, as we see this whole trial/Mia thing hopefully come to a satisfying end.

I still really like Carla Cugino's character and I think she could make a great recurring character and a good chance for Hank to prove he's a mature guy. Sure, it seems like he's meant to be with Karen, but it'll be interesting to see how a relationship with another woman goes, especially when he seems very invested with her.

I still think it's completely stupid that Marcie is hiding the fact that Charlie got her pregnant. It's just leading to what should be an equally stupid revelation and where they'll either A.) get back together or B.) hate each other forever. Either way, I don't care too much.