Californication

The Last Waltz

Aired Sunday 10:30 PM Oct 29, 2007 on Showtime

• Karen does the unexpected... Why?

I like a happy ending just as much as the next person but not like this. This is like someone dropping a bucket of cold water on you while you're asleep, it leaves you surprised, confused, angry and then confused again... why did they do that?

I understand Karen having cold feet before the wedding but not after. The only explanation I could think of is that Bill said something REALLY stupid to her that made her change her mind in a flash. Someone said they don't feel sorry for Bill but what about his side? I mean the guy knew he was marrying a free spirit but she's been showing us all along that she's changed, she wants a straight and stable life and all of a sudden she runs off like that. It was obvious from the start that they didn't fit together and that something like this would happen but she's been getting the signs throughout the season. Something like this should have happened earlier in the season or maybe next season, but what the hell it's as good a cliffhanger as any. Maybe Karen just wanted the wedding she thought she would never have with Hank but at the same time live with the man she loves, plus she's got nothing to lose if Hank really wants to get his act together... just a thought :)

I sure hope that there's a second season in the making out there, it would be too cruel to end a show like this and deprive us loyal fans of it. To summarize, great show, weird ending.