Californication

The Last Waltz

Aired Sunday 10:30 PM Oct 29, 2007 on Showtime

• Twists and turns all the while giving that warm fuzzy feeling of satisfaction

Wow, after a fantastic run of 12 episodes season 1 of californication finally ends. This very funny and often heartbreaking show was a suprise hit considering the grey pool of tv that was late august/september. I think duchovny has found something special in the character hank moody. I feel the finale of the season was probably the best episode of the season by far. Would the wedding go to plan? would bills daughter tell of her and hank and would charlie get back with his wife. All pretty much came to a conclusion even though afterway through the episode it became almost heartbreaking to see hank accept his loss of his wife to bill. The ending however was a suprise one, after giving the viewer a satisfying conclusion with everyone becoming settled again. It was then a shock to see karen run and drive away with hank and daughter. My only worry is that since the episode opened with a dream then it might of eneded with hopefully, although it didnt seem that way. I look forward to season 2 and it will be interesting to see how they make it different to season 1. Great show, great season.