Camp Lazlo

Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

4EverGreen

Camp Lazlo Fan Reviews (296)

• Lol hilarious

Epic comedy
  • Funny.

This was decent.

The characters are likable

The animation is nice

And the writing is wacky enough

Story: 6/10

Animation: 8/10

Characters: 7/10
  • Cartoon Network Best.

I loved this show, it was sooooo funny,
  • What kind of show is this?

1.5
    What kind of animal is Lazlo? Some kind of monkey alien? Some other characters do look like real animals.
  • A great show by the guy who brought you Rocko's Modern Life

This show was from my childhood. I miss it and hope they can bring it back.

Voice acting is good, artwork is great, episodes are hilarious, music is awesome, and the storyline is amazing.

Why did they cancel this for sh** like Out Of Jimmy's Head, Uncle Grandpa, etc?

GRADE: A
  • Closest thing you'll get to SpongeBob on Cartoon Network

For a show that was made by some of the same people of SpongeBob, this show kinda has the feeling of it, but slightly different, to keep it original, of course. I also liked this show when I was a kid. I still like it now. This show is great! I mean, it was nostalgic and was creative. Also, johnnytestfan, you don't know what a GOOD show is, even if it slapped you in the face. Lazlo is like SpongeBob, Clam is like Patrick, Lumpus is like Squidward, and so on.
  • More like Camp junkyard

this show was terrible! and I am horrified that it is at a 8.0 rating! thats high! first of all it was gross. they didd gross things and acted terrible. second of all the animation is a cheap rip off and third of all it was a cartoon fail! it only aired for a short while then got taken down! this does not deserve 8.0 I cannot believe that this show is rated higher then johnny test which has 100 episodes and is awesome... this is terrible.
  • was alright.

Camp Lazlo aired when I entered the 7th grade in 2005 so it's part of my childhood and among many of the shows I used to love. However, I couldn't stand Lazlo. He was so freaking annoying and stupid to me. Scout Master Lumpus also annoyed the hell out of me. I don't know what it was about those two but they're personalities is what really kept me watching this show. Overall, it wasn't too bad. I actually did enjoy it but those two were obnoxious as hell.
  • Sorry to all you fans,but....

5.5
    Sorry to all the fans of this show,but I just couldn't get into it. It's not that bad,but I've seen better shows(foster's,billy and mandy). The premse is kinda original,the animation is sub par,the characters are all generic spongebob rip offs,most of the music is stolen from spongebob and the humour is average.

The show is too much like spongebob and it can get really annoying at times. Lazlo is not a bad main character(he's way better than jake spidermonkey) but he's nothing special either.

I really liked joe murray's first show,rocko's modern life,but I just couldn't get into this show. But I am looking forward to his next show,frog in a suit. I'm hoping it will be better than this show.
  • this show is acutally great, and one of the silliest shows

actually, this show is about a monkey, an elephant, and a rhino that go to camp. the sillyness in this show is beefed up for it's cartoon physics is so broken, that even edward platypus cannot handle such cartoons like that. amber the rabbit is my favorite character of all time, all because of her cuteness. if the sillyness has divded itself by zero, then this is the great show for you.

i wanted to thank the crew who made this show, especially joe murray, who is a special guy to creating such stuff such as rocko's modern life on nick.
  • Loved this.

I loved this cartoon, my favorite episode is the Christmas special, Kamp Kringle. That was funny. Overall, this cartoon was great and funny.
  • Wacky summer camp. (Updated 9/8/10)

Here is what I think of Camp Lazlo.

GOOD STUFF
    Surprisingly good character design
    Good voices for the characters.
    Classic background music.
    Background design is good.
    The episode stories are real good and funny.
    Good kids show.

BAD STUFF
    Doesn't have the correct background music to fit the scene sometimes.
    The last couple of episodes of the series weren't so good.

People say different things of this show. Others say it's natural Few say it's gay Few others say it's not good. I say it's awesome and funny "Camp Lazlo" is a nice show to enjoy even with others but it has a lot of times where it makes you want to rip your hair out. Luckly the good art designs can help coat those feelings. This is a great original show for Cartoon Network and a great creation from Joe Murray. I recommend this show to everyone but to most people who enjoy cartoons, especially classics.
  • Top 10 Of My Cartoonetwork Best shows

This Made my Top 10 Of My Cartoonetwork Best shows list because I really injoined watching this show every day when I came from school and the Best thing about shows like these are that people don't really remember them but when you bring it up you're like I use to watch that show then you get the guessing what ever happened to that show do it just end or did it just get canceled and that really the only reason I came to tv.com to find out what happened to show's like But like Always unsuccessful or it's just a dead end But in the other things this was great and I loved it Thank You Joe Murray
  • I don't get lazo

why do they name it camp lazlow when in fact it's camp kidney why is it at a camp I seen lamer shows in a bottle than a camp soon it will go of the air like all shows not all camp is fun but they think it's fun why?
  • You don't have to be a Boy Scout or Girl Scout to enjoy Camp Lazlo

Joe Murry continues to be a great creator with Camp Lazlo. The show is about a monkey named Lazlo who befriends Raj, an elephant, and Clam, a rhino. All three of them are Bean Scouts and are at a summer camp who get into crazy adventures with other Bean Scouts and deal with the Squirrel Scouts. The show has artwork and animation that gives a nice atmosphere that feels like Rocko. Characters are well drawn with interesting designs and the sets look great. Each character is not memorable and well characterized, but they bring in their own sense of humor and it combines together and is executed perfectly. Each plot adds in new things to stories already seen to keep them fresh and some are unique and original. Camp Lazlo has everything that makes it great to watch. Lovable characters, excellent humor, original plots, and of course Joe Murry made it. I just wish it didn't end so soon and that it would be brought back on the air. Check this show out, it's a summer camp experience you won't want to pass up.
  • Fantastic.

Good cartoon that relieved me, thank you Murray!

Plot: It's about the three animals, Lazlo the monkey, Raj the elephant, and Clam the rhino. They are in a summer camp called Camp Kidney. They do things for boyscouts, discover, explore areas. They have a sort-of rival camp called Acorn Flats, a camp for girl scouts, has more nice facilites than theirs. Those two camps often results into a conflict.

Characters: They are good, nice characters, voice acting is great. Each has different personality rather than just being plain stupid.

Humor: Just like the "old" Spongebob Squarepants would give out, that is the kind of humor that this has.

Art: I have to admit that it took time for me to realize that Lazlo is a monkey, all of them are good, comical.

Overall: 9. Great show. Too bad it was cancelled.
  • Fun too watch

This show's mainly about a disabled monkey who go's to summer camp called "Camp Kidney" where scouts known as bean scouts live, next to Leaky Lake and Acorn Flats. This monkey's name is Lazlo, and lives in his cabin named after a bean. And lives with a elephant mammoth called Raj, and a disabled Rhino reptile thing called Clam. Camp Lazlo was created by Joe Murray and also creators of Rocko's Modern Life which you all know. The characters are somehow likeable, the humors funny, and the animation in great. Too bad CN ended this series. They barley show Camp Lazlo anymore except sometimes in sundays.
  • Cool show

This show rules i give it a 10/10.i know its copying spongebob SquarePants theme music,but the show still rules.The characters are Lazlo,Mr. Thomas, Raj the Elephant,Samson,Patsy Smiles,Ms. Jane Doe,Mrs. McCannon,Misty,Susie,Dookie and many more.this show rules rules rules baby it rules it rules it rocks it kicks ass its so awesome.
  • Joe Murray does it again

Joe Murray, the creator of the amazing Rocko's Modern Life, created another cartoon on Cartoon Network. This is probably one of the last "great" cartoon CN will have. This cartoon is very eccentric, and I appreciate that. So, fans of Rocko should definitely give this one a view.
  • Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...

When I saw the first commercials of Camp Lazlo, I thought, "Why do they keep on making bad cartoons?" When I started to watch the show, I didn't think that it wasn't that bad after all. I started to like it even more when I realized who was behind this show. Remember the memorable show Rocko's Modern Life? Joe Murray was the creator of that show and now he made Camp Lazlo. Whether it is in the past or in the future, Joe Murray sure knows how to create a great cartoon.

This show is basically about a monkey named Lazlo, an elephant named Raj, and an albino rhino named Clam. They basically do something at camp in each episode and that's about it. I like how Lazlo is always optimistic, even in the worst situations. The plots are great and they aren't too nonsencical like most of Cartoon Network's shows.

I only watch this when I'm bored and it is a good 30 minutes spent. It's a little above average and it is 50 times better than Codename: Kids Next Door or Billy and Mandy. Cartoons might be getting worse today, but this one has a great chance of being successful. Give it a try!
  • Why did Cartoon Network cancel a wonderful cartoon like "Camp Lazlo"?

I love this cartoon so much and it was the greatest cartoon that I have ever seen on Cartoon Network. Cartoon Network isn't how it used to be and that makes me furious. If this cartoon was still airing on Cartoon Network... I would be watching Cartoon Network more often. I wish they at least show the reruns in the afternoon instead of early mornings. You know how "SpongeBob SquarePants" is the greatest Nickelodeon cartoon I've ever seen. Well... "Camp Lazlo" is the greatest Cartoon Network cartoon I've ever seen. In a way, "Camp Lazlo" reminds me of "SpongeBob SquarePants" because here are the similarities... it's a classic. "Camp Lazlo" and "SpongeBob SquarePants" both have the same classic humor. Lazlo, Raj, and Clam are similar to SpongeBob and Patrick. Edward is similar to Squidward because they are both grumpy. This cartoon even plays the same background music that "SpongeBob SquarePants" has which I love. I love all of the characters in this cartoon. Edward can be an unlikable character sometimes but it's funny because he gets abused just like Squidward. I don't like the Squirrel Scouts that much though because they just seem to beat the Bean Scouts at everything. I don't need to mention all of the character's names because I love all of them (Bean Scouts at least). Overall, this is cartoon that all ages will enjoy and it's a very funny cartoon just like "SpongeBob SquarePants"... it is just a shame that this wonderful cartoon got canceled. 10/10
  • The only good show left on Cartoon network(along with Foster's that is)

This is an excellent show and this and Foster's are the only good shows on Cartoon Network it is about the wacky adventures of Lazlo a monkey who is starting camp and is the main character and his friends Raj and Clam there arch enemies are possibly the Squirrel Scouts(Patsy sometimes joins in with Lazlo instead) Camp Lazlo is an excellent show from the creators of Rocko's Modern Life.
  • One of my favorite shows on CN! CAMP LAZLO FOREVER!

Silly, crazy, cute, and totally random! These are the best words to describe Camp Lazlo, the hilarious new cartoon from that animation genius, Joe Murray! (He's the creator of the classic Nicktoon, Rocko's Modern Life, but you probably already knew that.) The show revolves around a happy, optimistic Brazilian Spider Monkey named Lazlo, and his two friends Raj, an often nervous Indian Elephant who speaks with a heavy accent, and Clam, an intelligent, but not very talkatvive Albino Pygmy Rhino. They spend their summer at Camp Kidney, which is run by Scoutmaster Lumpus, a strict and grumpy old Moose. Togeter, the three Bean Scouts go on wacky adventures, and cause a lot of mayhem along the way!
    I think the show's plot is very original, and Mr. Murray did a great job bringing all these fun adventures to life. This show has a very happy, almost "90's" feel to it. What's great about Camp Lazlo is that it doesn't need to try to be "cool" or "hip". It relies solely on light hearted comedy, original storylines, and wacky characters to entertain its viewers, and that's what I love about it. I feel like a kid again whenever I watch it, even though I've never been to a summer camp before. Camp Lazlo is a very fun and upbeat show, and it's bound to put a smile on your face!
  • Best Cartoon Network show during the 2005-2010 era

I think it is one of the best Cartoon Network show ever and I enjoyed it a lot. I wish Cartoon Network reruns it again. They used to do that last year but eventually stopped during the summer. It is about three scouts named Lazlo, Raj, and Clam who are known as the Jelly Beans. They go to Camp Kidney. This show was created by Joe Murray who used to work at Rocko's Modern Life, a perfect show from Nick. I had enjoyed both of his shows by the way. The theme song is very cool. Also, in addition to having some voice actors from Rocko's Modern Life, it features a lot stuffs that were in SpongeBob as well. Some of the writers (Kaz, Mark O'Hare, Kent Osborne and, Merriwether Williams) were SpongeBob writers. Also, most of the storyboard artists/writers now went toMarvelousMisadventures of Flapjack, Phineas and Ferb, Regular Show, and a couple went to Adventure Time. Anyway, I think the characters are likeable. I think the best characters are Lazlo, Lumpus, and Slinkman. Edward is a Squidward since he hated the title character. Most of the plot are very good and they were well done. I only hated around 3-6 episodes. Most of the episodes are between good to perfect. Overall, Camp Lazlo was a perfect show (just like Joe Murray's other show) on Cartoon Network. It was the best show during the 2005-2010 until Regular Show took over that position. 10/10

• camp lazlo was pretty good

camp lazlo was pretty much a good show.but lazlo reminds me of spongebob.they are long about stuff.well,spongebob is wrong about everything.edward and samson were pretty good characters.but bean scouts are boy scouts and squirrel scouts are girl scouts.this show was kinda better than my gym partners a monkey.Even though the Squirel Scouts are huge jerks and Lumpas is a really big selfish jerk,it's still a good show.well,animals are scouts and and episode i like,camp samson and beany weenies.well,this show had no new episodes anymore.but it was a good show, a really good show on cartoon network.say goodbye to lazlo and raj
  • Rocko fans give this show too much hate

Many Rocko fans hate this show because it's nothing like Joe Murray' other show, Rocko's Modern Life. Well, I'm a Rocko fan and I'm here to say it's not that bad. It's surely no Rocko, but it's decent. It's about a group of friends (Lazlo, Raj, and Clam) and their adventures at the Summer Camp they go to. The humor here is alot more kiddy and not too many adult jokes like in Rocko, but it still has that charm that Rocko had. I think a couple of the characters are annoying at times (Raj and his gay retainer) but I have to say it's not horrible. 8/10 B-
  • Been growing on it more lately

My second review on Camp Lazlo. As I can recall it I used to kind of like it and now I think it's something that really should come back on Cartoonetwork. Lazlo standed out as one of the better cartoons in the mid 2000's along with Foster's and Grim Adventures. I try to watch this show whenever I can and that's mostly the episodes I bought from iTunes. Lazlo is very forgotten and now that's it pretty much gone it makes me actually sad. The least they could do is make a reasonable series finale for Camp Lazlo to at least make it have sense, but apparently it seems too latefor something like that. Up to this day, the only thing I have to remember Lazlo is the Camp Lazlo watterbottle I got sitting right on my bookshelf.
  • I miss this show so much

I remember this show back when i was in middle school, and it was such a funny show I dont really understand how it got cancelled since it was so awesome, of course clam was my favorite character which is why I liked that show so much. I also thought it was funny the different random adventures the bean scouts would go on. Scout Master Lumpus was another favorite character even though he was a jerk. Well the show was just amazing
  • A funny show. One of the better shows on Cartoon Network.

I like this show. In my mind, this is one of the better shows that's on Cartoon Network. This show is about Lazlo, a fun-loving monkey who enrolls at Camp Kidney, a run-down camp that's well deciplined. Lazlo along with best friends Raj, and Clam turn Camp Kidney upside-down with all sorts of wacky stunts that encourage all of the other campers to participate in. The humor in this show is funny, but sometimes boring. I like it when Patsy tries to chase Lazlo down, and do all sorts of stuff. It is really funny when Lazlo, Clam, and Raj annoy Scoutmaster Lumpus. In my mind, one of the funniest episodes was when Lazlo, Clam, and Raj go trick-or-treating, and go around in circles always going to Scoutmaster Lumpus' quarters. The dialog in this show is solid. It's fun to see what Lazlo does next. The music is a bit childish. The theme song has the same tone as "Bingo was his namo", except with a few tweaks. Overall, funny show, solid dialog, a little too childish music, lovable characters.
  • Its kinda cool, but put the good stuff on tv.

4.3
    Camp Lazlo is about a monkey who goes to camp. I saw the previews for it and though tit looked like crap. But I saw one episode, and I thought it was okay. But the characters are stupid! The consler in bossy and stupid, the consler's assitant is a doormat, and the campers are plan weird! In a way, it looks like a rip off of Spongebob Squarepants, but its nowhere near that kind of cool. This show is good, if you baby-sitting.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10