Plot Hole!

u_likkey

[1]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 9

I don't know if anyone else noticed but Tess kinda stole Mitchie's Song book and I didn't give it back. I don't know if they did it on purpose to set up for CR2 or forgot to close that part in the script?

Also, wasn't Brenda Song supposed to make a cameo.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fredricdafly

[2]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    Yeah, I saw that too! I thought she was going to steal the song for the "Final Jam" thing, so that Shane would think it was her song he heard. They never mentioned the song book, and I kept waiting towards the end. Maybe they had a part involving it, but had to cut it so the movie wouldn't be too long.
    Edited on 06/20/2008 8:11pm

racheeel

[3]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 18
    I don't think she stole it. I thought she was gonna sing the song to get Shane's attention but when she didn't it made that scene a complete waste.

biggestlostfan

[4]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 11
    i thought she was going to steal the song too, or rip up the book or something.... but she took it to see if it was mitchie's song

but i think instead of singing the song, which was the 1st idea in her head.... she knew she couldnt do that b/c shane would know its not her song, b/c she wasnt the girl he heard

so thats when the bracelet idea popped in her head, and thats what she did instead, b/c this way mitchie wouldnt be able to sing, and shane wouldnt find the girl, which tess now knows is indeed mitchie

dannyranger7

[5]Jun 21, 2008

biggestlostfan wrote:
    i thought she was going to steal the song too, or rip up the book or something.... but she took it to see if it was mitchie's song but i think instead of singing the song, which was the 1st idea in her head.... she knew she couldnt do that b/c shane would know its not her song, b/c she wasnt the girl he heard so thats when the bracelet idea popped in her head, and thats what she did instead, b/c this way mitchie wouldnt be able to sing, and shane wouldnt find the girl, which tess now knows is indeed mitchie

exactly!

radrobd

[6]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 54
    dannyranger7 wrote:
    i thought she was going to steal the song too, or rip up the book or something.... but she took it to see if it was mitchie's song but i think instead of singing the song, which was the 1st idea in her head.... she knew she couldnt do that b/c shane would know its not her song, b/c she wasnt the girl he heard so thats when the bracelet idea popped in her head, and thats what she did instead, b/c this way mitchie wouldnt be able to sing, and shane wouldnt find the girl, which tess now knows is indeed mitchie

But that defeated the whole point of the story, which was basically a rip-off of Cinderella. Instead of finding the girl who'd fit the glass slipper, Joe/Shane had to find the girl who'd sung the song. Tess didn't even try to pass it off as her own, which was her whole objective to get close to Joe/Shane.

racheeel

[7]Jun 22, 2008
    biggestlostfan wrote:
    but i think instead of singing the song, which was the 1st idea in her head.... she knew she couldnt do that b/c shane would know its not her song, b/c she wasnt the girl he heard

so thats when the bracelet idea popped in her head, and thats what she did instead, b/c this way mitchie wouldnt be able to sing, and shane wouldnt find the girl, which tess now knows is indeed mitchie

When I watched it again, it did make sense by the way we turned to her bracelet. This scene was probably one of the few unpredictable story lines.

youtube_tv

[8]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 25
    racheeel wrote:
    biggestlostfan wrote:

When I watched it again, it did make sense by the way we turned to her bracelet. This scene was probably one of the few unpredictable story lines.

actually that was a really predictable part of the movie

WAVY10

[9]Jun 22, 2008
    racheeel wrote:
    biggestlostfan wrote:

I thought there was going to be a bit more of a search. I wasn't expected the search for the "missing" bracelet to end as quickly as it did, which took some suspense away.

RockstarDX

[10]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 6
    radrobd wrote:
    dannyranger7 wrote:

But that defeated the whole point of the story, which was basically a rip-off of Cinderella. Instead of finding the girl who'd fit the glass slipper, Joe/Shane had to find the girl who'd sung the song. Tess didn't even try to pass it off as her own, which was her whole objective to get close to Joe/Shane.

No, I think Tess was still trying to get Shane by doing this. Because she has to get Mitchie away so no one can get Shane before her. So if Tess hadn't got Mitchie out of the picture, Shane would fall out of Tess' hands. It would've been useless to steal the song because Tess' voice isn't the one Shane remembers. Shane just remembered that song really well. Every single detail from what I can tell. So basically, Tess just eliminated Mitchie from Final Jam instead.

biggestlostfan

[11]Jun 22, 2008
    RockstarDX wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    dannyranger7 wrote:

No, I think Tess was still trying to get Shane by doing this. Because she has to get Mitchie away so no one can get Shane before her. So if Tess hadn't got Mitchie out of the picture, Shane would fall out of Tess' hands. It would've been useless to steal the song because Tess' voice isn't the one Shane remembers. Shane just remembered that song really well. Every single detail from what I can tell. So basically, Tess just eliminated Mitchie from Final Jam instead.

exactly

DisneyFan54

[12]Aug 9, 2008
    [QUOTE="biggestlostfan"]
    RockstarDX wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    dannyranger7 wrote:

you took the words right out of my mouth. i was thinking that also when i first watched the film. i was like whats the point of tess looking at the song book? and then i realized the 2nd time i watched it =)

l3reeze

[13]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 7

Mitchie sang the song for Tess while Tess read the words in Mitchie's song book. So when Tess over heard Shane singing it she remembered hearing it and went to see if it's the same song Mitchie sang. So She pulled the book out to read the lyrics and see if it is the same songs and it was so she decided that if Mitchie sings the song at Final Jam then Shane will know it's her and he will find the girl and they will get together. Tess doesn't want that so she had to make sure Mitchie didn't sing so Shane wouldn't hear her. So she put the braclet in the kitchen so it will make it obvious Mitchie took it because if she put it somewhere in their cabin it will make it seem like Tess just lost it in the room so she put it in the kitchen. So the whole Tess 'looking at the book, not taking it was so she can see if it's the song and try and keep it so Shane never finds out his girl is Mitchie.

If any of that made sense in a way. That's what I think everybody is getting at. I'm not sure oh well

biggestlostfan

[14]Sep 2, 2008
    l3reeze wrote:

Mitchie sang the song for Tess while Tess read the words in Mitchie's song book. So when Tess over heard Shane singing it she remembered hearing it and went to see if it's the same song Mitchie sang. So She pulled the book out to read the lyrics and see if it is the same songs and it was so she decided that if Mitchie sings the song at Final Jam then Shane will know it's her and he will find the girl and they will get together. Tess doesn't want that so she had to make sure Mitchie didn't sing so Shane wouldn't hear her. So she put the braclet in the kitchen so it will make it obvious Mitchie took it because if she put it somewhere in their cabin it will make it seem like Tess just lost it in the room so she put it in the kitchen. So the whole Tess 'looking at the book, not taking it was so she can see if it's the song and try and keep it so Shane never finds out his girl is Mitchie.

If any of that made sense in a way. That's what I think everybody is getting at. I'm not sure oh well

exactly, i dont know why people arent getting it...