this movie was definitely overhyped and the jonas bros CAN NOT act ***edit***

sweetie_tiffany

[41]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 5
    tvjunky006 wrote:
    here is my opinion. disney was trying to make another hit like high school musical and hannah montana so that got a already popular group to sell it for them. the message of the movie was good because it taught kids to to be who you are. i don't know if i am just growing out of disney but when i saw that movie, it was so predictable but at the same time it wasn't realistic. if you really think about it, teenagers, at least the ones i know won't go around cheering on cheesy sugar coated songs and laughing at wack jokes and songs. i am not saying all of the movie is like that but most of it was. what normal person would get of a bus doing back flips and dancing. some songs were good but overall this movie was just not believable. i predicted everything right except for when tessa's posse member won the final jam. in conclusionm this movie was too hyped up and didn't dish it out like it was expected.
    exactly
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nickel2006

[42]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 48
    jj91w wrote:
    youtube_tv wrote:
    i agree with you, hsm 2 was over hyped, but it lived up to the standards. camp rock was over hyped, but didn't live up to the standards. i agree that they aren't that good at acting, i read reviews from magazines and the three things that the movie didn't really do good on was dancing, singing, and acting
    HSM2 lived up its hype

Agreed.

lae10

[43]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 40
    nickel2006 wrote:
    jj91w wrote:
    youtube_tv wrote:
    i agree with you, hsm 2 was over hyped, but it lived up to the standards. camp rock was over hyped, but didn't live up to the standards. i agree that they aren't that good at acting, i read reviews from magazines and the three things that the movie didn't really do good on was dancing, singing, and acting
    HSM2 lived up its hype

Agreed.

I don't think it did.

WAVY10

[44]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 8
    radrobd wrote:
    lae10 wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    leeseygirl wrote:
    HSM and HSM2 were really awesome but HSM3 is just ridiculous, I highly doubt I will waste my money and go see it in theatres. Their is also talk of an HSM4...hello their graduating in HSM3 what are they going to do: HSM4: High School Musical Goes to College?

HSM 4 is supposed to start over with a brand new cast still set in high school

I don't really like that idea. That's pretty dumb.

Well, it's kind of like the new 90210 or Saved by the Bell: The New Class.

And we know how that worked out...at least for the SBTB: New Class. It ran for awhile, but it wasn't particularly popular.

coaster41395

[45]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 42
    Yeah, it was overhyped and the music isn't that good, I don't know why all of the songs, well most of the songs, are on the iTunes top 100 songs.

biggestlostfan

[46]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 11
    WAVY10 wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    lae10 wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    leeseygirl wrote:
    HSM and HSM2 were really awesome but HSM3 is just ridiculous, I highly doubt I will waste my money and go see it in theatres. Their is also talk of an HSM4...hello their graduating in HSM3 what are they going to do: HSM4: High School Musical Goes to College?

HSM 4 is supposed to start over with a brand new cast still set in high school

I don't really like that idea. That's pretty dumb.

Well, it's kind of like the new 90210 or Saved by the Bell: The New Class.

And we know how that worked out...at least for the SBTB: New Class. It ran for awhile, but it wasn't particularly popular.

ya, once the originals were hits, its hard to have something follow in its footsteps

becaause

[47]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 17
    41225525557 wrote:
    Don't be such a hater. I thought the jonas brothers would end up sucking at acting, but they acually did really good. They were just as good as everyone else in the movie.

They weren't hating... it's THEIR OPINION.

sweetie_tiffany

[48]Jun 27, 2008
    becaause wrote:
    41225525557 wrote:
    Don't be such a hater. I thought the jonas brothers would end up sucking at acting, but they acually did really good. They were just as good as everyone else in the movie.
    They weren't hating... it's THEIR OPINION.
    lol its ok i think he made that post b4 my edit

DisneyFreak33

[49]Jun 29, 2008
    • level: 21
    I think The Jonas Brothers are ok at acting but I like them better as singers. Camp Rock is so overrated though, I mean they already have merchandise at Target!! They had Camp Rock shirts,watches,etc..Disney wants another HSM and they are pushing Camp Rock waaaayyy to far. I mean it was a pretty good movie but I don't think it was that amazing. They are doing the exact same thing with JB, don't get me wrong I love The Jonas Brothers but they are pushing it way to far!! I mean a movie,a mini series, a tv series,merchandise..etc..etc... almost every commercial on Disney now is about JB, even when they advertised for the Hannah Montana 3D movie coming on Disney in July they focused it on JB by saying "See Hannah sing with the Jonas Brothers" its like, come on! It's Miley's movie not thiers. I love Disney but its like they are forcing JB and Camp Rock down our throats.

biggestlostfan

[50]Jun 29, 2008
    ya i think disney is taking it way too far, i love the JB and CR, but they put WAY too much publicity into it, its too much

sweetie_tiffany

[51]Jun 30, 2008
    jonas brothers is he new hannah montana and demi lovato will be the new jonas bros LOL

hiibii

[52]Jul 5, 2008
    • level: 1
    i agree that they overhpyed the movie. i thought the jonas brothers were going to be in the whole thing not for like 10 minutes, considering that the movie was supposed to star the jonas brothers. but i thought their acting was good.

Lindz-Chan

[53]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 19

Well I did'nt think the movie was that bad, it had its moments I like the Jonas Brothers singing better then acting, they need more experience in my opinion... but I still love them ^-^

goodbye_for_now

[54]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 3
    hiibii wrote:
    i agree that they overhpyed the movie. i thought the jonas brothers were going to be in the whole thing not for like 10 minutes, considering that the movie was supposed to star the jonas brothers. but i thought their acting was good.
    the acting was ok but i agree disney advertised as a movie with all three of them not just joe

goodbye_for_now

[55]Jul 8, 2008
    Lindz-Chan wrote:

Well I did'nt think the movie was that bad, it had its moments I like the Jonas Brothers singing better then acting, they need more experience in my opinion... but I still love them ^-^

i agree with that

xoWeBelong

[56]Jul 9, 2008

I thought the movie was pretty good. Not as good as I'd hoped, but it was still good.

Disney just has this thing where they over-advertise EVERYTHING. They milk their celebrities talents so much, and plaster their faces all over everything.

I think I would like Hannah Montana and HSM and Camp Rock if I didn't have to see it in every store, on every little girl's t-shirt, all over my TV. It's just getting to be too much.

What's going to happen when Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers and stuff aren't popular anymore? Will Disney try to help their careers out then? No, they won't, because all they care about is making a buck.

There's no loyalty.

...Okay then, that's my little mini-rant there.

biggestlostfan

[57]Jul 9, 2008
    .... but then someone else will pop up, so they will start milking them

xoWeBelong

[58]Jul 9, 2008

It's an ongoing cycle, unfortunately.

Like, do you guys remember when Hilary Duff was on Lizzie MicGuire? She was this huge Disney kid, but when she left, Disney just moved on.

I realize that it's important for a company to do that, but don't they have any regard for their stars' actual well-beings?

goodbye_for_now

[59]Jul 9, 2008
    xoWeBelong wrote:

Like, do you guys remember when Hilary Duff was on Lizzie MicGuire? She was this huge Disney kid, but when she left, Disney just moved on.

I realize that it's important for a company to do that, but don't they have any regard for their stars' actual well-beings?

oh wow ur so right. like when raven was still running it was so popular that it even had a 4th season but now tha the show is ended the only thing u see are re runs at night O_o. wow i never realized disney did that until now lol

radrobd

[60]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 54
    goodbye_for_now wrote:
    xoWeBelong wrote:

oh wow ur so right. like when raven was still running it was so popular that it even had a 4th season but now tha the show is ended the only thing u see are re runs at night O_o. wow i never realized disney did that until now lol

This is nothing new. Look at the original Mouseketeers from the 1950s. After the show was cancelled, they weren't Disney stars anymore. The only one who made it big was Annette Funicello and her beach movies.

This is a corporation though. What do you want them to do? Support these kids for the rest of their lives? Every Disney kid grows up and has to make it on their own. Some make it, some don't.

Kurt Russell was a Disney kid and he became a famous actor. Keri Russell, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, J.C. Chasez, Hilary Duff and Shia LaBeouf made it. But those are the exceptions, the majority are forgotten. There's this mouseketeer who was on at the same time as J.T., Britney and them, I forgot his name but he never made it big. He's always featured on those Where Are They Now/Whatever Happened To specials.

If Miley can translate her fame into a pop career, she might make it beyond Disney. Jonas Brothers, unfortunately, I don't think they have staying power. They are, in essence, a boy band, and when their fan base grows up, their popularity will go down. Look at New Kids, Backstreet Boys, NSync, Hanson, etc.