this movie was definitely overhyped and the jonas bros CAN NOT act ***edit***

Kitsy345

[61]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 10
    xoWeBelong wrote:

I thought the movie was pretty good. Not as good as I'd hoped, but it was still good.

Disney just has this thing where they over-advertise EVERYTHING. They milk their celebrities talents so much, and plaster their faces all over everything.

I think I would like Hannah Montana and HSM and Camp Rock if I didn't have to see it in every store, on every little girl's t-shirt, all over my TV. It's just getting to be too much.

What's going to happen when Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers and stuff aren't popular anymore? Will Disney try to help their careers out then? No, they won't, because all they care about is making a buck.

There's no loyalty.

...Okay then, that's my little mini-rant there.

It might have been a rant, but it's true. That's what Disney does nowadays. And it is really sad all they care about is making money.

radrobd: Yeah, they are a boy band, but I do hope they stay. I still like NSync to this day, lol...I think the Jonas Brothers are a little different since they tend to play their instrument and write their own songs. Yes, most of their fans will diminish in a few years when they all grow up for whatever reason. I know I'll still be a fan though
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

radrobd

[62]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 53

Kitsy345 wrote:
    It might have been a rant, but it's true. That's what Disney does nowadays. And it is really sad all they care about is making money. radrobd: Yeah, they are a boy band, but I do hope they stay. I still like NSync to this day, lol...I think the Jonas Brothers are a little different since they tend to play their instrument and write their own songs. Yes, most of their fans will diminish in a few years when they all grow up for whatever reason. I know I'll still be a fan though

As I posted above, it's not just "nowadays," Disney has been doing this for over 50 years. They are a for-profit company, after all, so, yes, making money is important to them.

As for the JoBros playing their own instruments and writing their own songs, yes that's true. But so did Hanson and they waned in popularity as their fan base got older. Talk to me in 5 years and we'll see if you still like the JoBros as much then as you do now.

Edited on 07/09/2008 2:51pm

lae10

[63]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 40
    radrobd wrote:

Kitsy345 wrote:
    It might have been a rant, but it's true. That's what Disney does nowadays. And it is really sad all they care about is making money. radrobd: Yeah, they are a boy band, but I do hope they stay. I still like NSync to this day, lol...I think the Jonas Brothers are a little different since they tend to play their instrument and write their own songs. Yes, most of their fans will diminish in a few years when they all grow up for whatever reason. I know I'll still be a fan though

As I posted above, it's not just "nowadays," Disney has been doing this for over 50 years. They are a for-profit company, after all, so, yes, making money is important to them.

As for the JoBros playing their own instruments and writing their own songs, yes that's true. But so did Hanson and they waned in popularity as their fan base got older. Talk to me in 5 years and we'll see if you still like the JoBros as much then as you do now.

Ok, yes, Hanson did lose some of their fans, but not all of them. I was a fan of Hanson when I was younger, and in all honesty, I still am. I've always loved them. And I will always love the Jonas Brothers. Don't forget that they are two completely different bands with completely different ideas. You can't really judge what's gonna happen to the Jonas Brothers just because of what happened to Hanson. It might happen, but then again, it might not.

Miley-Freak

[64]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 4
    I think the Jonas Brothers are getting or played too! There awesome though, and in my opinion always will!! But if Disney keeps doing this... Bye Bye Viewers!

answer_me_right

[65]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 2
    lae10 wrote:
    radrobd wrote:

Kitsy345 wrote:

Ok, yes, Hanson did lose some of their fans, but not all of them. I was a fan of Hanson when I was younger, and in all honesty, I still am. I've always loved them. And I will always love the Jonas Brothers. Don't forget that they are two completely different bands with completely different ideas. You can't really judge what's gonna happen to the Jonas Brothers just because of what happened to Hanson. It might happen, but then again, it might not.
    well as far as im concerned the only boy band from back then that hasnt disbanded yet is backstreet boys and even though have lost fans( ad gained new ones lol) but yea im still a hanson fan too i even have them on my utube playlist LOL. MMBOP!! anyways i do think jonas bros wont last because i dunno theres just somethin ablout them that makes me feel that eventually they are bound to fail. when they first came out they sand the season 2 theme song for american dragon. my first reaction was who the **** are they and my second reaction was nooo they replaced my fav theme song with this bullcrap but eventually i came to like the theme song even though i like season 1 better . well the point m trying to make is they might be pretty big now but in 5 years they probably will be forgotten or not as big...

girlgamer20

[66]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 4
    radrobd wrote:

Kitsy345 wrote:

Uh,no. Disney was definitely not always like this. Were you around for the 80s? They actually cared about quality then.

insomniac360

[67]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 21
    girlgamer20 wrote:
    radrobd wrote:

Kitsy345 wrote:

Uh,no. Disney was definitely not always like this. Were you around for the 80s? They actually cared about quality then.
    Well, Disney Channel wasn't as successful as it is now. They just understand that they automatically get viewers if they put the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana on stuff. Regardless of quality, viewers will flock and call it the "BEST SHOW EVA!!!"

radrobd

[68]Jul 10, 2008
    girlgamer20 wrote:
    radrobd wrote:

Kitsy345 wrote:

Examples?

hawksie

[69]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 9
    radrobd wrote:
    girlgamer20 wrote:
    radrobd wrote:

Kitsy345 wrote:

Examples?

I agree with girlgamer, I actually think Disney actually had some sense in the 80s/early 90s. Boy Meets World
    So Weird
    The Paper Brigade
    Ocean Girl
    Torkelsons
    Spellbinder
    Susie Q
    Escape to Witch Mountain
    Rent A Kid
    Wish Upon a Star
    Magic Island

Now it has all gone to hell...

biggestlostfan

[70]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 11
    i think that they are enjoying what they have now, but once its gets to be a hassle, it will stop eventually. even though hannah montana is big, miley is starting to get tired with it. so maybe we will see her break away from disney, maybe she wont, but either way, her talent will still be with her, and if she wants to remain a singer/actress, or not, she can

like the JB, they will still have their talent, i want to see them last, but even if they take a couple years off like the backstreet boys, they will still have all their old hits, and i will still love them)

lae10

[71]Jul 10, 2008
    biggestlostfan wrote:
    i think that they are enjoying what they have now, but once its gets to be a hassle, it will stop eventually. even though hannah montana is big, miley is starting to get tired with it. so maybe we will see her break away from disney, maybe she wont, but either way, her talent will still be with her, and if she wants to remain a singer/actress, or not, she can

like the JB, they will still have their talent, i want to see them last, but even if they take a couple years off like the backstreet boys, they will still have all their old hits, and i will still love them)

I completely agree with you!

radrobd

[72]Jul 10, 2008
    hawksie wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    girlgamer20 wrote:
    radrobd wrote:

Kitsy345 wrote:

Examples?

I agree with girlgamer, I actually think Disney actually had some sense in the 80s/early 90s. Boy Meets World
    So Weird
    The Paper Brigade
    Ocean Girl
    Torkelsons
    Spellbinder
    Susie Q
    Escape to Witch Mountain
    Rent A Kid
    Wish Upon a Star
    Magic Island

Boy Meets World wasn't a Disney production, it was a Lorimar production. It began on ABC in 1993, but at that time, Disney hadn't owned ABC yet. It wasn't until 1966-1997 that Disney bought out ABC. The Torkelsons I don't think was a Disney production either. It originally aired on NBC, but I'm pretty sure Disney didn't produce it either.

hawksie

[73]Jul 10, 2008
    radrobd wrote:
    hawksie wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    girlgamer20 wrote:
    radrobd wrote:

Kitsy345 wrote:

Examples?

So Weird
    The Paper Brigade
    Ocean Girl
    Torkelsons
    Spellbinder
    Susie Q
    Escape to Witch Mountain
    Rent A Kid
    Wish Upon a Star
    Magic Island

Boy Meets World wasn't a Disney production, it was a Lorimar production. It began on ABC in 1993, but at that time, Disney hadn't owned ABC yet. It wasn't until 1966-1997 that Disney bought out ABC. The Torkelsons I don't think was a Disney production either. It originally aired on NBC, but I'm pretty sure Disney didn't produce it either.

Oh okay, true true. Even then Disney actually put substance into their work unlike now where they put little effort into everything, and usually simply recycle actors/actresses a long with plots and storylines instead of taking time to get fresh ideas for shows & movies. They rely on names like 'Miley Cyrus' or 'Jonas Brothers' to reel in ratings. Their intentions for money may not have changed, but Disney really has hit a whole new level of low with all this hannah montana miley cyrus jonas brothers crap.

insomniac360

[74]Jul 10, 2008
    hawksie wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    hawksie wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    girlgamer20 wrote:
    radrobd wrote:

Kitsy345 wrote:

Examples?

So Weird
    The Paper Brigade
    Ocean Girl
    Torkelsons
    Spellbinder
    Susie Q
    Escape to Witch Mountain
    Rent A Kid
    Wish Upon a Star
    Magic Island

Oh okay, true true. Even then Disney actually put substance into their work unlike now where they put little effort into everything, and usually simply recycle actors/actresses a long with plots and storylines instead of taking time to get fresh ideas for shows & movies. They rely on names like 'Miley Cyrus' or 'Jonas Brothers' to reel in ratings. Their intentions for money may not have changed, but Disney really has hit a whole new level of low with all this hannah montana miley cyrus jonas brothers crap.
    Indeed.

But still, they have Pixar.

tyini

[75]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 27

i guess. but disney is a company, it's not a surpise they care a lot about money. besides they really know how to get their stars out there. because of them they move on to better things, and still make a lot of money. for example, hilary duff and raven

insomniac360

[76]Jul 10, 2008
    tyini wrote:

i guess. but disney is a company, it's not a surpise they care a lot about money. besides they really know how to get their stars out there. because of them they move on to better things, and still make a lot of money. for example, hilary duff and raven

To be fair, Hilary Duff and Raven have both become rather obscure recently. Hilary's doing some independent films and Raven's latest movie wasn't that successful. And what about Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears? They were working for Disney back when they were kids. Now look at them.

hawksie

[77]Jul 10, 2008
    insomniac360 wrote:
    Indeed.

Very true! Pixar still makes amazing films. I loved Wall-E.
    :
    To be fair, Hilary Duff and Raven have both become rather obscure recently. Hilary's doing some independent films and Raven's latest movie wasn't that successful. And what about Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears? They were working for Disney back when they were kids. Now look at them.

Disney is going to drop Raven very soon, since she's getting too old. When Disney won't have her anymore she's going to be forgotten. Hilary's career actually extended beyond Disney and she's doing okay for herself which is awesome. Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears are only famous as they are because they keep giving the Tabloids something to write about.

lae10

[78]Jul 10, 2008
    hawksie wrote:
    insomniac360 wrote:
    Indeed.

Very true! Pixar still makes amazing films. I loved Wall-E.
    :

Disney is going to drop Raven very soon, since she's getting too old. When Disney won't have her anymore she's going to be forgotten. Hilary's career actually extended beyond Disney and she's doing okay for herself which is awesome. Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears are only famous as they are because they keep giving the Tabloids something to write about.

I totally agree with you about Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears.

biggestlostfan

[79]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    boy meets world was on ABC

shia laboeuf is successful now

JUSTIN505123

[80]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 7
    Because this post wasnt made to praise them but to share our dislike!