this movie was definitely overhyped and the jonas bros CAN NOT act ***edit***

DCsprouse

[81]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 26

I thought all three Jonas Brothers did a great job. I don't care what anybody says.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AngelofLyoko

[82]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    You aren't the only one.

lae10

[83]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 40
    DCsprouse wrote:

I thought all three Jonas Brothers did a great job. I don't care what anybody says.

I totally agree with you.

biggestlostfan

[84]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 11
    lae10 wrote:
    DCsprouse wrote:

I totally agree with you.

me too

WAVY10

[85]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    hawksie wrote:
    insomniac360 wrote:
    Indeed.

But still, they have Pixar.

Very true! Pixar still makes amazing films. I loved Wall-E.
    :
    To be fair, Hilary Duff and Raven have both become rather obscure recently. Hilary's doing some independent films and Raven's latest movie wasn't that successful. And what about Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears? They were working for Disney back when they were kids. Now look at them.

Disney is going to drop Raven very soon, since she's getting too old. When Disney won't have her anymore she's going to be forgotten. Hilary's career actually extended beyond Disney and she's doing okay for herself which is awesome. Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears are only famous as they are because they keep giving the Tabloids something to write about.

Raven's a tricky one to describe. She had a very impressive acting career prior to TSR (How many DC stars can say there were on one of the most successful series of all time?), so she may not be as big a name as she's been the last 5 years I don't think she'll completely disappear.

As for the one who brought up the Mickey Mouse Club, about the only one to be really well-known from the short-lived '70s version...wasn't well known for that show (but who was).

Kitsy345

[86]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 10
    lae10 wrote:
    biggestlostfan wrote:
    i think that they are enjoying what they have now, but once its gets to be a hassle, it will stop eventually. even though hannah montana is big, miley is starting to get tired with it. so maybe we will see her break away from disney, maybe she wont, but either way, her talent will still be with her, and if she wants to remain a singer/actress, or not, she can

like the JB, they will still have their talent, i want to see them last, but even if they take a couple years off like the backstreet boys, they will still have all their old hits, and i will still love them)

I completely agree with you!

Yup, I completely agree too about the Jonas Brothers part!

As for Britney and Lindsay, yes the tabloids keep them alive...And I'm glad Hilary has done good for herself...What about Christina Aguilera? She's not always in the news as her former Mouseketeers, but I'd say she has done well too.

tyini

[87]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 27
    Kitsy345 wrote:
    lae10 wrote:
    biggestlostfan wrote:
    i think that they are enjoying what they have now, but once its gets to be a hassle, it will stop eventually. even though hannah montana is big, miley is starting to get tired with it. so maybe we will see her break away from disney, maybe she wont, but either way, her talent will still be with her, and if she wants to remain a singer/actress, or not, she can

like the JB, they will still have their talent, i want to see them last, but even if they take a couple years off like the backstreet boys, they will still have all their old hits, and i will still love them)

I completely agree with you!

Yup, I completely agree too about the Jonas Brothers part!

As for Britney and Lindsay, yes the tabloids keep them alive...And I'm glad Hilary has done good for herself...What about Christina Aguilera? She's not always in the news as her former Mouseketeers, but I'd say she has done well too.

The thing about disney is that they can create big stars. But as soon as they leave disney channel they're not soo successful anymore. The only stars that avoided this was Shia Lebeauf(Even Stevens) and Hilary Duff (Lizzie McGuire). Miley may be big now, but as soon as she gives up her hannah montana, we won't see much of her. Same with Selena, she won't be that big either. But the Jonas brothers will be fine

iskabibble07

[88]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 13
    Well the Jobros are not working for Scorsese here. Disney is just cranking out movies for teens like they have done since the beach movies of the sixties. As long as the Jobros can basically learn their lines and say them, that is plenty. The importnat thing is that they are cute so the teenage girls will tune in and watch the commericials.

im2coolx3

[89]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 14

First of all, it's called advertising, haha. They wanted to get the movie out. It's okay you think it was over-publicized, I did too, but people were excited to see the Jonas Brothers in a movie. Just wanted to defend anyone who's gonna get mad.
    And then the thing about the drums? It's a music camp run by "cool" adults. I don't think anyone woulda cared.
    And I don't think they did that bad of a job with the acting. They ARE better at singing to most of us. I actually think it was just the script that wasn't good. Everyone did what they could with what they were given and I think they did really good for a... not-that-great script. Kevin may have been a little over though, hhaha. But it's good that Joe wanted to expand a little.