Mitchie- Gabriella
    Shane- Troy
    Tess- Sharpay
    Lola (girl who sings what it takes)- Monique
    Ella- Martha (kinda )
    Barron- Chad
    Jason- Ryan

Lol XD

Have to disagree with the Shane=Troy comparison: Troy wasn't really the jerk...at least in HSM1
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

icysugalemon

[22]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 10
    I don't think there was any similarity between Gabriella and Mitchie; I mean Mitchie got into dramatics, and lied to make herself look better...she wanted the best summer ever. Gabriella kind of just lay low, and was below the radar altogether.

Tess and Sharpay were definitely similar - Tess was done better than Sharpay though, overall - I liked the fact that her mom was her weakness.

I don't think that the characters in Camp Rock were rip-offs of HSM - but they were a little too closely based on HSM characters...especially in the Alyson/Kelsi and Tess/Sharpay situation...Idk. Maybe we're being too comparative. Maybe it's just that HSM came first, so it came on stronger, and there wasn't anything to compare it to, it being one of the first of its kind.

tyini

[23]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 27
    I have to disagree, i don't think there's similarity between any of the characters. It's easy to put Tess anf Sharpay together, but you have to remember every story needs a villian. Honestly I think Tess did a way better job being the bad guy than sharpay. I do think that Camp Rock has more variety in characters than HSM has.

lae10

[24]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 40
    tyini wrote:
    I have to disagree, i don't think there's similarity between any of the characters. It's easy to put Tess anf Sharpay together, but you have to remember every story needs a villian. Honestly I think Tess did a way better job being the bad guy than sharpay. I do think that Camp Rock has more variety in characters than HSM has.

I totally agree with you!

biggestlostfan

[25]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 11
    ^^ exaclty

obviously every story need a villain, a hero, friends

even though the characters are not similar, they are only being compared because of the rolls they are in

insomniac360

[26]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 21
    lae10 wrote:
    tyini wrote:

Not every story needs a villain. They can easily be about conflicts between the characters. And honestly, Tess isn't just a copy of Sharpay. In every DC sitcom, I see a rich, stuck-up girl for some reason. Even in shows like Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, that girl appeared. In almost every high school show I've seen, this character has appeared. I just think that Tess is not an original character whatsoever.

WAVY10

[27]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 8
    insomniac360 wrote:
    lae10 wrote:
    tyini wrote:

Not every story needs a villain. They can easily be about conflicts between the characters. And honestly, Tess isn't just a copy of Sharpay. In every DC sitcom, I see a rich, stuck-up girl for some reason. Even in shows like Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, that girl appeared. In almost every high school show I've seen, this character has appeared. I just think that Tess is not an original character whatsoever.

If you want, you can go back to shows like "The Facts of Life" (though you probably couldn't consider Blair as an antagonist unlike the types you usually see on DC productions)

xoWeBelong

[28]Jul 27, 2008

Disney didn't go off of HSM characters, they went off of the stereotypes they use in all of their movies.

The nice, sweet girl with a low self-esteem, the mean blonde girl, the nice sweet girl's sidekick. They re-use their ideas.

And since when is Mitchie is Hispanic??

Edited on 07/27/2008 6:18pm

radrobd

[29]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 54
    xoWeBelong wrote:

Disney didn't go off of HSM characters, they went off of the stereotypes they use in all of their movies.

The nice, sweet girl with a low self-esteem, the mean blonde girl, the nice sweet girl's sidekick. They re-use their ideas.

Mitchie is very much Hispanic. Her last name is Torres, her mother's Hispanic. Yes, she's a carbon copy of Gabriella. Maybe they had Selena Gomez in mind for the part, I dunno.

xoWeBelong

[30]Jul 28, 2008

Ha, I didn't even realize that. I don't think Mitchie really looks Hispanic, but whatever.

Disney is a safe, children's channel. They probably aren't really planning on branching out with their characters anytime soon.

FrigginGodess

[31]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 22
    xoWeBelong wrote:

Ha, I didn't even realize that. I don't think Mitchie really looks Hispanic, but whatever.

Disney is a safe, children's channel. They probably aren't really planning on branching out with their characters anytime soon.

Yeah. I think the only reason they did this is because of the Jonas Brothers and they just want the to t=show just so people could watch the moive and buy the merchendising.

tyini

[32]Aug 4, 2008
    radrobd wrote:
    xoWeBelong wrote:

Mitchie is very much Hispanic. Her last name is Torres, her mother's Hispanic. Yes, she's a carbon copy of Gabriella. Maybe they had Selena Gomez in mind for the part, I dunno.

No she's not a copy of Gabriella. Mitchie has a way better voice

lae10

[33]Aug 5, 2008
    tyini wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    xoWeBelong wrote:

Mitchie does have a better voice.

radrobd

[35]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 54
    lae10 wrote:
    tyini wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    xoWeBelong wrote:

Mitchie does have a better voice.

And bigger teeth.

biggestlostfan

[36]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 11
    well she has a nice smile, so she can show it off

lae10

[37]Aug 6, 2008
    biggestlostfan wrote:
    well she has a nice smile, so she can show it off

Exactly!

tyini

[38]Aug 23, 2008
    Also Mitchie is an important part to the plot. Gabriella may be a main character, but she's really only there to be Troy's love interest. The second HSM proved that.