Canadian Idol Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on CTVBetween Seasons

Season 6: Episodes: Top 3 Performance and Results Show (SPOILERS)

Who should of gone home?

Im2Crazy4U

[1]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 51

Here's where to talk about these 2 episodes. The performance show and the results show. All other threads will be closed.

The Top 3 contestants performed two songs each from Bryan Adams' extensive songbook, after being mentored personally by the man.
    Add

Top 3: (In alphabetical order)

1. Mitch MacDonald
    2. Theo Tams
    3. Drew Wright
    Edited on 09/02/2008 7:37pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jon_MW_14

[2]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 39
    Theo Tams is the best as always. I really enjoyed him singing "Heaven". I like Mitch and Drew so it doesn't matter who goes home tomorrow as long as Theo doesn't go home.

xnex

[3]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 8

Just a short review of the last episode (can't actually write "of the tonight's show" ).

i really liked that Bryan Adams was the music guest - wouldn't say that he's my favourite artist in the world, but i really appreciate his music. and just for the record - i'm reeeeeeaaaaallly surprised that no-one sang "Everything I do (I do it for you)" and "Summer of '69" - i remember the the former very well cause my older (then teenage) sister was crazy about it and the video of the song and she used to sing it with her friends , and the latter - i actually don't know since when i remember it, but i just do

drew - he was good in the first song, but during the second song, i was bored to my bones - yes, he is vocally great, but i just don't know - maybe he should have sung EID(IDIFY) instead - he is capable of it, but i don't know

theo - yes, he's my favourite, the first song was great, the second wasn't that great; the second song is a duet and he shouldn't have sung it, knowingly that the backup singer won't be able to sing with him the same as Mel C did with Bryan - and maybe he could've sung EID(IDIFY), i don't know.... but it would be much better for him, i believe

mitch - he was in his own league - and i don't mean that in a good way - first song was just awful, like he really didn't belong in the competition, the second song was better, but i believe that judges gave him much more credit than he deserver, mainly because they compared the second song to the first one - and, although it was much better, it wasn't that much better, and especially not good enough to get him to the finale

after that said, i would like to believe that in finale we will see theo and drew (with theo winning, of course ), but if i've learned anything during the course of this season, i've learned not to predict anything about the CI. mitch has a great following, and i just may be surprised tomorrow with the results.

Jon_MW_14

[4]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 39
    Well Drew went home tonight. So it's going to be Theo vs Mitch next week. I am so glad Theo didn't go home. I just hope he wins Canadian Idol next week.

Im2Crazy4U

[5]Sep 2, 2008
    Booo ... Mitch stayed

brunabear

[6]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 37
    Im2Crazy4U wrote:
    Booo ... Mitch stayed

I second that! I thought the whole performance show was just boring. No Earl, what can I say? He gave the show life, and with him gone, that's what I noticed most about the performances... they were just boring.

But of the three, I thought that Mitch should have been the one to go home. Drew's not fantastic, but he's better than Mitch (in my opinion! but obviously not in the rest of Canada's opinion), who sounded so much like a bad imitation of Bob Dylan in his songs, especially the second one.

On a slightly different topic, and I don't want to start a whole new thread cause I don't know that it's worth it...

All of the top 10 will be on Canada AM this Friday (Sept. 5th) in a live performance/concert from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Canada AM has done this for the last two years, only the last two years, they've advertised it as a 'block party' and said that the public is welcome to come. They aren't saying that this year... so I don't know what it's going to be, I don't know if they're having the whole 'come and see them sing thing' or what. But at least I can tell you that they'll be on Canada AM this Friday.

Im2Crazy4U

[7]Sep 4, 2008
    Hi BB, I'm not going to complain, but you could of added this to your previous thread:
    http://www.tv.com/canadian-idol/show/16850/top-10-on-canada-am/topic/8188-503569/msgs.html

So I did for you