Canadian Idol Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on CTVBetween Seasons

Top 10 on Canada AM

brunabear

[1]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 37

Sorry, I really should have posted this earlier, but I didn't even think about it until late last night.  The Top 10 Idols were on Canada AM this morning, as part of the CTV/Canada AM Block Party held outside their studios in Agincourt (Toronto).  I went to it!

It was really great, although there was a lot of standing around.  The Idols performed together, and Craig and Eva both performed separately (a couple of times).  They had the Canadian Idol "trading cards" there for free, so everyone could get autographs, and I spoke to all of them.

I'm editor for both Rob and Tyler, so I really wanted to talk to them.  Or say something to them, as it wasn't really a conversation or anything!  But I told Rob that I thought he was a great singer and I'd really enjoyed him while he was on the show, and he seemed to genuinely mean it when he said thank you.  I told Tyler that I'd been hoping he'd win the competition, and he laughed and said he'd hoped the same thing!

They all seemed really friendly and happy to be there.  Some of them were late showing up because of traffic, but once there, immediately got into the swing of things.  It was a good time... don't know if anyone saw Canada AM, but it was much better being there.  I taped it (cause I knew there'd be stuff that I'd miss, and I was right) and when I watched the tape after getting back home, the sound in the group song just wasn't good, but it was a great song when I heard it live!  So the tv show didn't do them justice.

Anyway, I wished both Eva and Craig luck for Sunday, although the votes are in.  They said that it's really close this year... less than a 3% difference between the two!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Im2Crazy4U

[2]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 51
    Wow! Excellent for you

I wish you had asked Rob when his CD is coming out. He is still my favourite, and the only one whose CD I'm likely to buy.

"So the tv show didn't do them justice."

I wonder about that with the medleys they do on CI. I sometimes thing it must sound better live, cause it sucked when I heard it on TV.

Less than a 3% difference?! Why are people voting for Craig? Are there really that many phones in NFLD? Gah

2C starts an "Eva ... Eva ... Eva ..." chant.

Im2Crazy4U

[3]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 51
    News about this for Season 6 from another thread ...

brunabear wrote:
    All of the top 10 will be on Canada AM this Friday (Sept. 5th) in a live performance/concert from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Canada AM has done this for the last two years, only the last two years, they've advertised it as a 'block party' and said that the public is welcome to come. They aren't saying that this year... so I don't know what it's going to be, I don't know if they're having the whole 'come and see them sing thing' or what. But at least I can tell you that they'll be on Canada AM this Friday.
    Edited on 09/04/2008 4:56am