Cane Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

Episode Discussion:"Hurricane"(12/11/07)

what did you think?

danharr

[1]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 46
    First of tonights episodes lets have it!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skyy38

[2]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    Uh,haven't seen it yet but I think that most writers eat at the same commissary or something.I mean,didn't "Desperate Housewives" recently endure a tornado?

I am mucho glad that Cane didn't end(for now) with "Time Away".And back to back episodes-GREAT!

danharr

[3]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 46
    The first one to get a great vote for me and that goes for all my shows I usually don't find one I consider great. This episode had everything love the way the bodyguard handled his raft story and it was nice the way the Vegas treated him at the end. Alex and Franks night in peril was engaging I was wondering what would happen next. Loved all the background information we got on the characters and their personalities. Last but not least Mrs. Vega turning the tables on the artist was great.

elenarose

[4]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 3
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show!!!! Two very riveting episodes tonight! Can't wait to see next week's show. I was very happy to hear next week is the final show of the season only because it sounds like they are planning another season. Please don't let the writer's strike screw this up. I want more of CANE. MUCH more!

Lavern2

[5]Dec 12, 2007
    • level: 1

Great episode!

Isabella is really starting to get on my nerves - Did she really have to go to the gallery in a hurricane? It seems her concern should have been for the safety of her family (kids, husband, parents, and brothers) - don't they have security/safeguards at the gallery/museum?

Love the way Alex handled himself in the crisis - I knew he and Frank wouldn't go down without a fight.

Does anyone else think that Henry will really settle down with the Aussie woman or will her EX surface later with some drama?

Santo is growing on me - even though he is a thug (LOL)...Could someone explain his Raft Story? Was the kid that drowned his son?

EJamison

[6]Dec 12, 2007
    • level: 17
    It was OK, but I didn't love it. In general I don't like trapped in storm stories. "Saving Grace" also just did one.

I didn't get exactly what triggered the stampede at the store at the beginning. I couldn't tell if it was the gang guy or something else.

They told us Artie ate the power bars, but it seems like they should have been more prepared for a storm so they wouldn't have to risk driving through a blinding rain at the very last minute.

Izzie knew it wasn't a good idea to get in the elevator but I don't know why she got into it. It almost seemed that they were implying that she's not capable of talking to someone who isn't very close so she had to step in simply to continue the conversation. I would have jumped out when the doors started to close. The stairwell is probably the safest place anyway.

When the light post fell on the car, it was convenient that out of all the directions it could have fallen it fell on the car.

The thieves were silly not to tie up Frank and Alex. They probably should have just shot them at the very start. And the one at the store would probably have just walked out with the merchandise rather than getting into it with Alex.

krisi1021

[7]Dec 12, 2007
    • level: 11

I loved this epi!

The obvious part ... the hurricane. I enjoyed the whole touching base on a major reality of Florida, and it offered up an abundance of ideas to run with.

I loved the hostage scenario. Loved how Alex tried to talk Manny down, and Frank fighting with Alex just to distract and trick them. Enjoyed seeing them work together for a change rather than against one another.

Enjoyed Santo and Artie together. I wonder who the boy was that Santo carried ashore. His son maybe??? Has it ever told us??? Touching, none the less.

I don't feel much for going into detail right now ... but I loved the show!