Cane Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

Episode Discussion:"The Perfect Son"(12/11/07)

what did you think?

danharr

[1]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 45
    The second episode of the night what did you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tony382

[2]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 6
    Holy ****, this was great.

tony382

[3]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 6
    I bet you the daughter killed Samuels, if not then it was the blonde guy looking for a payout.

danharr

[4]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 45
    Wow i'm handing out the great votes tonight and I think it's well deserved. Another edge of your set tension filled episode kudos to Jamie for sticking with his wife even though I don't agree. The ending with Samuels I kind of figured since Alex killing him would be to much to cover up. Loved the truth session with Alex coming clean and the family's reactions and the whole cane field burning segment was excellent and I really don't see them being able to top tonight's double header.

DrDeath10

[5]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 4
    I don't think Pancho is going to get any action from Amalia for the next few weeks. I wasn't really expecting Amalia to demand "justice/revenge" so that was pretty much a free pass for Alex to finish Samuels off. I'm speculating that either Ellis hired Michael Bronson to take down Joe, or Ramon decided to use his influence to make the hit possible. If the CSI are half as good as Grissom, Alex will be released in no time.

Lavern2

[6]Dec 12, 2007
    • level: 1

Although Ellis holds her father in utter contempt, I don't think she would kill him or have him killed...it's obvious that besides Frank, he is all that she has (besides a boatload of $$$$$)

I suspect one of Alex's *bodyguards* killed Samuels

Unless,

Henry pulled a "Michael Corleone" and did it...Did you notice how he picked up the picture of his deceased little sister and looked at it sadly once Alex spilled the beans?

I'm just saying ...

Jemadari

[7]Dec 12, 2007
    • level: 12
    This episode though great was hit and miss for me...For one I never got the sons character, he screws up just to do it..And i'm glad to see Alex has his "mothers" support because as he said Pancho has clearly lost his nerve and the ending didnt surprise me all that much because while no one can question Alex's willingness to make the hard decisions I just dont think he could have pulled the trigger...and is it just my imagination or did Sameuls intimate that he and his daughter had some sort of coitus

hrgbennet

[8]Dec 12, 2007
    Wow! That was awesome. I'm so glad it didn't end with the last one. There was talk that it was just going to quit. Maybe because of the "cliff-hanger" they had to know if another season would be doable before airing the finale?

Anyway, this episode was incredible. I really thought though that Samuels would be expecting him and would have gotten Alex arrested. This was a better ending though. I just wish I knew who it was. I'm 94% certain it was the daughter. I don't think the PI would have, but you never know.

I absolutely loved how his mother said, "Finish it." She's got some cajones.

hrgbennet

[9]Dec 12, 2007
    Lavern2 wrote:

Unless,

Henry pulled a "Michael Corleone" and did it...Did you notice how he picked up the picture of his deceased little sister and looked at it sadly once Alex spilled the beans?

I'm just saying ...

I like your idea, but I'm still saying it's probably the daughter. It was very Godfatherish the way he sat down with Pancho for a drink. They sat there together and it looked like Henry, for the first time, thought "This is my calling." Sort of how Michael Corleone was a family "outsider" at first. Henry was doing his own thing, but now he's stepping in. I like the idea, I really do.

krisi1021

[10]Dec 12, 2007
    • level: 11

Oh, I definitely think its Ellis.

This entire thing is a game to her and her father. It's back and forth, and for her, as long as he's in the picture, she will never have the power, nor the recognition that she deserves. She receives nothing but the bitter down falls that her father continuously throws upon her.

I think, this was her perfect oppurtunity to set Alex up and rid herself of her fathers burdens at the same time. As long as Alex is there, her and Frank would never have everything she desires for them. It was a perfect double hit.

Not sure how I feel about Jaime forgiving Rebecca like it's nothing. I mean, she cheated on you, with her ex-boyfriend that everyone thought she would marry, the night of her bachelorette party! I wonder if him knowing who it was would change his feelings any??? I think so ... and I'm sure we'll see that sometime.

gilgamish55

[11]Dec 12, 2007
    • level: 5
    I have a new theory. I think it could be the guy/kid who was part of the gang that held Alex and his brother while steeling the family house. Alex lets him go. the kid could've wanted t oshow his gratitude.

EJamison

[12]Dec 12, 2007
    • level: 17
    I didn't like certain aspects of the fire. I would have liked to see a map of the land and exactly where the fire was, etc. The fires in CA show how difficult a fire can be, although maybe they didn't have the hot, dry winds. But it just doesn't seem possible that Jaime managed to seem surrounded and yet the fire avoided him. He seemed surrounded but Alex was able to get to him. If driving the truck away was so easy for Alex after some time had passed, it seems odd that Jaime couldn't have driven through it. That little explosion from the tractor was too convenient.

Seemed a shame to waste Ralph Waite for such a tiny part.

Lavern2

[13]Dec 13, 2007

hrgbennet wrote:
    ... It was very Godfatherish the way he sat down with Pancho for a drink. They sat there together and it looked like Henry, for the first time, thought "This is my calling." Sort of how Michael Corleone was a family "outsider" at first. Henry was doing his own thing, but now he's stepping in...

Good to see another Godfather fan on board - it's one of my all-time favorite movies!

Very pleased to "meet" you.

Lavern2

[14]Dec 13, 2007

gilgamish55 wrote:
    I have a new theory. I think it could be the guy/kid who was part of the gang that held Alex and his brother while robbing the family house. Alex lets him go...The kid could've wanted to show his gratitude.

Hmmm, that's a long shot, but it IS an interesting theory.

gilgamish55

[15]Dec 13, 2007
    • level: 5
    Lavern2 wrote:

gilgamish55 wrote:
    I have a new theory. I think it could be the guy/kid who was part of the gang that held Alex and his brother while robbing the family house. Alex lets him go...The kid could've wanted to show his gratitude.

Hmmm, that's a long shot, but it IS an interesting theory.

it is a long shot and thank you.

elenarose

[16]Dec 13, 2007
    • level: 3
    Loved this episode! I'm wondering if it was Ellis,too, after that big argumentshe had with her father. But I've also considered Frank because he may have wanted to prove to his father that he also is man enough to seek the justice that his mother wants. Another possibility is maybe Lamont, Ellis' brother, whom we have not seen since the first episode, I can't wait to find out. but I imagine we won't know until next season. I sooooooo want a next season!

flatsitter

[17]Dec 13, 2007
    Pancho.

cjhadley1982

[18]Dec 14, 2007
    I think that it will be the pi. I don't think they will let it be the daughter or any of the other main characters. the reason I think this is that if it is a main character then either they would have to write them off of the show or they would get away with murder.
    Edited on 12/14/2007 3:42am

krisi1021

[19]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 11
    cjhadley1982 wrote:
    I think that it will be the pi. I don't think they will let it be the daughter or any of the other main characters. the reason I think this is that if it is a main character then either they would have to write them off of the show or they would get away with murder.

And God forbid one of the main character's get away with murder! Lol

Lavern2

[20]Dec 18, 2007

flatsitter wrote:
    Pancho!

Hmmm,

That would be an interesting twist too...

...Pancho could be thinking that he doesn't have long to live anyway - so, he could avenge his daughter's death AND protect his family from any future threats from Samuels

{However, he just doesn't appear to have that *killer instinct*}