Cane Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

Episode Discussion:"Time Away"(11/27/07)

What did you think?

danharr

[1]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 45
    Alrighty it looks like we're going into full night time soap mode.......Please discuss here
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Nov 27, 2007
    Good episode although i'm glad neither Vegas cheated I hate the sexed up previews it's really cheap since it wasn't even close to what really happened. Alex's little trip was entertaining hopefully he'll now choose a side straight or gangster i'm tired of all the middling.
    Edited on 11/28/2007 8:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

MSUfox

[3]Nov 28, 2007
    • level: 4
    I'm glad they didn't go down that path either, but didn't Rebecca have sex with her ex? They didn't show it, but I thought it was implied. If so, I wonder how that's going to play out.

andromeda62

[4]Nov 28, 2007
    • level: 1
    I found it hard to believe Alex's son walked away from the hookers, most young men would have gone through with it, especially since they feel "entitled to it" on their bachelor party. I think Isabella will probably end up having an affair with the artist. I keep wondering if Ellis Samuels put him up to it, to hurt Alex for dumping her in the past. I really felt sorry for Alex during the last frame of the show, he really looked lost.

krisi1021

[5]Nov 28, 2007
    • level: 11
    MSUfox wrote:
    I'm glad they didn't go down that path either, but didn't Rebecca have sex with her ex? They didn't show it, but I thought it was implied. If so, I wonder how that's going to play out.

Okay ... I have to finish watching the episode in it's entirety, but I saw this scene. They were in his car, b/c she needed a ride home. It cuts to inside the car, she pulls her strap onto her shoulder, her hair is OBVIOUSLY disheveled, and he asks if she's okay. Now, she then spits out everything from yes, to maybe, to no, and then appears as if she may start bawling any moment. He then says, "But you said you wanted to". BAM! That right there was enough to signify they did have sex. She so cheated on Jaime! I am SO mad at her. Here she has this great husband, that she claims to love, but in her drunken stupor she discredits their entire relationship and love for one another by sleeping with her ex. This is SO coming out down the road, and I can't wait to see her life crumble, and fall apart! She better tell him and not try to hide it. Also, I loved how he walked away from the girls when they began to unzip his pants. It really showed how devoted he was to his marriage with Rebecca. He knew the limit, and the difference between just guys fun, and crossing the line. What was suitable, and what wasn't.

danharr

[6]Nov 28, 2007

andromeda62 wrote:
    I found it hard to believe Alex's son walked away from the hookers, most young men would have gone through with it, especially since they feel "entitled to it" on their bachelor party. I think Isabella will probably end up having an affair with the artist. I keep wondering if Ellis Samuels put him up to it, to hurt Alex for dumping her in the past. I really felt sorry for Alex during the last frame of the show, he really looked lost.

That's the point he's not most young men like his father ,whom also I think intentionally was put in a similar situation by the writers to juxtapose the dilemma, he won't cheat.

Lavern2

[7]Nov 29, 2007
    andromeda62 wrote:
    ...I think Isabella will probably end up having an affair with the artist. I keep wondering if Ellis Samuels put him up to it, to hurt Alex for dumping her in the past...
    Hmmm, Good point- I hadn't thought about Ellis being behind the slimy artist hitting on Isabella.

Lavern2

[8]Nov 29, 2007

MSUfox wrote:
    ... but didn't Rebecca have sex with her ex? They didn't show it, but I thought it was implied. If so, I wonder how that's going to play out.

Oh, it was definitely implied and I think she's gonna pop up pregnant - YIKES!!!

mariposa06

[9]Nov 30, 2007
    • level: 3
    This was a good episode. Alex is flirting with the "gangster " life **** he is disgusted with it, but intrigued by it because he realizes it serves a purpose. I feel sorry for him since Pancho asked him to take a leave of absence. He should let Pancho know that Frank was involved with organized crime via his gambling debts and Henry was in with the Israeli mobsters for money that he borrowed. Alex should not have to suffer because he is keeping secrets for those two "wimps". He should also let Frank know he had a thing with Ellis "back in the day" and maybe be would realize that she is "playing" him. All that he has done is try to protect the family. I'm glad he turned the hooker down.....it shows that he isn't that far gone and still has values and morals.

mariposa06

[10]Nov 30, 2007
    • level: 3
    Yes I think Ellis is behing this....just so she can hurt Alex....A Woman Scored!

skyy38

[11]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 2
    danharr wrote:

andromeda62 wrote:

That's the point he's not most young men like his father ,whom also I think intentionally was put in a similar situation by the writers to juxtapose the dilemma, he won't cheat.

Remember though,that Jaime was ALREADY married-everyone else only THOUGHT he was still a bachelor.Jaime knowing this fact darn good and well chose not to indulge, but Rebecca? I think that she and her ex were just necking and she stopped it before it got any further than that.Front seat of a car is just NOT comfortable...And if they had been doing it in a hotel room,I'm sure she would've pulled herself together before exiting a public place.
    Feeling down on yourself because of your station in life is just NOT a tangible reason for breaking your vows,I don't care who you are.I think the ex....nice as he seems to be-was just shoehorned into this episode. OK dude,what are you doing at a bachelorette party? Hellooooooooo?

Just me...

Lavern2

[12]Dec 12, 2007

skyy38 wrote:
    danharr wrote:
    ... but Rebecca? I think that she and her ex were just necking and she stopped it before it got any further than that....

Told ya!

I'm soooo disappointed in her - I know she's young, but how could she???

Jamie will never truly trust her now - and mark my word, she's gonna pop up pregnant and then it's gonna be: "Who's Your Daddy?" drama