Cane Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

the next episode

essexbopara

[1]Dec 22, 2007
    • level: 10
    when will it next be on it have they run out of episodes
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CTUAgentICEMAN

[2]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 9

According to tv.com They have filmed 13 of the 13 episodes ordered this season and it still hasn't been picked up for another season yet.

The last episode "Open & Shut" is episode number 13 so I don't see this returning in the new year.

If they take this off the air I hope there is a backlash similar to when they cancelled Jericho. I want to find out who really shot J.S.

Lavern2

[3]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 1
    CTUAgentICEMAN wrote:

... I want to find out who really shot J.S.

ROFL!!!

My thoughts exactly :!

Synetech

[4]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 22
    Actually, the show could end just fine as it is. Alex stepping down is a pretty good way to end.

krisi1021

[5]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 11

Oh no no no! This is a horrible way to end! There's still so much that can be done!

Think about it .... you still have Ellis, who has shown evil tendencies in the past, and I still don't see her intentions with Frank as good.
    Then you have jealous brother Frank, who obviously has, and will, always have it out for Alex.
    Then ... you have Pancho ... his illness ... eventually they are going to have to go into depth with that!
    Then, there's Alex's new business venture. He's going to start his own company for the ethanol business, and have NOTHING to do with Duque anymore. That is bound to go somewhere.

I see Frank becoming the new CEO, and Alex starting, and prospering with his new ethanol business, and then Pancho dies, WAY down the road, and since, Alex and his family still own the majority of the Duque Rum company, Alex seeks out to re-take over the company. He'll attempt to buy it out at first, and then things may get vicious, and we'll see Frank as the future Joe Samuels, and Alex trying to get the company back under his control.
    Hate to see brother on brother, but ... Frank's vengance for Alex is never going to cease to exist. It's going to come to light one day, and it will be brutal as ever!

Anywho, as long as the writer's strike continues, we will see no hopes of Cane. Once it's over, if it's EVER over ... there's a chance it could get another season.

Wildchats

[6]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    This show should end as is. It got 13 episodes, and I was betting it would have ended at like episode 11 or so, without finsihing off the series and it just getting cancelled. However, the last episode was aired. It ended perfectly. Okay, a few things weren't answered, but we know Alex stepped down, we know the daughter is going to college, the son is going to war and recently got married, we know Frank is finally in control of the company, and that Pancho still has a short time to live. We also kno the new blender girl is getting divorced and that makes way for the other Duque son to get into a relationship with her. We know the spy guy got killed. We just don't know who shot Joe, and what is up with Ellis, that's all. If the show came back, it won't last that long.Alex isdone being a bad guy. It will be too sappy. Joe is dead. Alex is turning away and nice. I think they intentionall wrote this the way they did because of the strike. I think a different ender would have happened, had the strike not happened, and had the ratings been a lot better, like a better cliffhanger, where even more lives are in jeopardy, and the fate of Joe Samuels not revealed. I liked this ending better, because everyone is alive and well by the last second. We know who was killed, Joe and his detective. Everyone else lived. Even Pancho is still alive, but will die eventually, but that comes with old age.

Lavern2

[7]Jan 10, 2008

Well,

Since you did such a good job of wrapping everything up all neat and tidy, I suppose I could accept the fact that this is the end of Cane after all.

Wildchats

[8]Jan 11, 2008

And we can all assume that Ellis wasn't there or around, because she was pretending to be out of town or something when the shooting happened. She was the one who killed Samuels, I bet. I am just guessing, because she even told her father she wasn't like him/didn't want to be like him and hated him. That's the only person I can see who shot the guy, because Frank was with his father drinking that night. I definitely think everyone can assume it was Ellis who shot the guy. I even thought she was going to let him die if he had a heart attack or something,even before he was shot dead, or there were spoilers of it happening.

All that would happen in season 2's premiereis Frank would take over the company and run things his way. No sibling rivalry. Alex would start his own business and thenEllis would come back home the next day and find out Samuels was shot dead, then she'd admit to the police why she shot him when they find evidence she was the murderer. Then the Duque's would accept her into the family. That's the way I'd seeseason 2 starting. All nice and happy. I bet if they had just one more episode, that would have happened like that.

If there is a new season, I doubt anything big will come about but that, to start it off. Alex turnedaway from being evil and Ellis was too weak of a villain during the whole season and still was one in her last episode. She was too nice. She wanted to be part of the Duque family. She loves Frank and had a past with Alex. Now Alex is married. He loves his wife. He didn't cheat on her. Ellis is too weak of a person to get Alex in bed. The character wasn't written well enough. If she was more of a "Heather Locklear" or "Joan Collins" type, maybe the show would have potential to come back. If it came back, she'd still be dull, even if it meant new storylines/affairs/catfights that never happened in season 1 that probably wouldn't if the show returned. She is definitely "catfight" material if she were more strong. She was too weak the whole season. Too quiet. She needed to be louder and drop serious bombshells, that's what was missing from her character. So the way the series may end, it ended just fine. She was too weak. She'll always be that way. Not into the things the strong soap characters were always after.

thecourt99

[9]Jan 12, 2008
    • level: 2
    I completely agree that there is so much left to the Cane story. Here are my thoughts:

They say that Samuels kidnapped their little sister. In the last episode that aired, they implied that Samuels had sexually abused Ellis. What if Ellis were really the Duque sister? There would be the ick factor with Frank...but oh the possibilities! Well, now that Samuels is dead, it kind of makes that story go away. Scrap that.

They can go further into Ellis' relationship with Alex. Frank doesn't like Alex, so what if he found out that he was the second choice...again? How would Frank respond to knowing that Ellis had a thing with Alex? How would Alex's wife respond? Maybe that would push her into her affair with the artist since Alex is the only person that she has been with. The separation between Alex and his wife would feed into Alex starting his own business. What if Alex found his parents? Divided loyalties? After all this, maybe Frank would be the new "bad guy" since Samuels is dead. I personally think Frank killed him anyway since he had the most to gain by framing Alex. There is just so much that they can do with this story. What if the new daugher in law became pregnant by her ex? That would be another push on family loyalty and taking care of one another. Cane does NOT NEED TO END! There is so much story left to tell!

Wildchats

[10]Jan 14, 2008
    If it comes back, writers write what they want. They may go in different directions. Who knows what they will write if it comes back. However, it ended okay. Not the best finale, but the ending was good for a final episode, like the end of a movie, with Alex walking away. That's a good ender for the series. Who cares, Samuels is dead, Ellis is not that evil of a person and neither is Frank. The two are just dull. If anyone, Alex was the evil one, and Samuels telling his men to do things. Now, Samuels is dead and Alex wants to not be evil to protect the Duques anymore. Good ending.

coal51

[11]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 2
    I must say......You are a very Handsome Man.

krisi1021

[12]Feb 12, 2008

Any word on what the networks are doing with Cane???

I've been nosying around ever since the strike has ended, but have yet to find anything. I'll go check in at E! Online and TV Guide, and see if I can find anything.

It CAN'T be over!

CTUAgentICEMAN

[13]Feb 14, 2008
    • level: 9

Here is the CBS Line

Along with Shark, The Unit and Cane will remain on hiatus to allow for the midseason launches of Jericho, Dexter, and Big Brother, says CBS.

Full Story:

http://www.tv.com/story/10846.html?tag=story_list;full_story;3

I really hope this returns as it is in my opinon a very good show

angrodpallanen

[14]Feb 15, 2008
    • level: 22
    Since Shark will probably return, the "On hiatus" status CBS put the show on doesn't really reveal anything about wether or not the show will continu. Anyway, I think at least I won't be back next season. Though the storylines were pretty cool, I haven't fallen in love with the characters, the show just didn't catch me even though I enjoyed all of the episodes.

krisi1021

[15]Apr 7, 2008
    They should announce by May-ish if Cane is coming back, right???
    I know there's been no word since ... and while it makes me sad, I'm not sure what else to do but wait.
    In the meantime I'm enjoying MANY different shows! This whole strike has allowed me to open up to new shows, but at the same time that only further complicates my viewing of all the shows now that they are all returning.

deedyj

[16]Sep 30, 2010

I WATCHED CANE FROM THE START TO THE END.IT WAS FIRE AND LOTS OF ACTION.ME MYSELF,MOTHER IN PEOPLE I HAVE TALKED TO ALWAYS ASKING WHEN THE SHOW WILL RETURN WITH NEW EPISODES.I TELL THEM THAT THE WRITERS RAN OUT OF STORY LINES.THEY DON'T KNOW A WINNER WHEN THEY SEE IT,EVEN THE WRITERS AND PRODUCERS .WHO EVER CAME WITH THE IDEAL OF THAT NEW SHOW OUTLAW,MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE, AND JIMMY IS TO GREAT OF AN ACTOR TO PLAY IN THAT TELEVISION SHOW.IT'S BORING.THEY WILL BE LUCKY IF IT LAST THE HOLE SEASON.SO PLEASE BRING CANE BACK ,THAT IS MORE OF JIMMY.THE OUTLAW IS FOR A BORING ACTOR.