Cane

The Perfect Son

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Dec 11, 2007 on CBS

• The Perfect Son was another riveting episode and I could not tear myself away from my television until the final scene.

This episode was absolutely one of the best so far. I was a little surprised that Jaime did forgive Rebecca so easily, but, then again, he came close to losing his life in the fire and that would give anyone pause to reconsider quickly. Though I have to wonder if repercussions from her "fling" may surface in the future.

Samuel's need to spoil the wedding with the sugarcane fire was horrendous. Alex again called on Ramon and Santo to help protect his family. Once more, the family came together as one to save their fields.

I loved when Alex unburdened himself of the exasterbation he felt towards Pancho. I admired the way he did it and was relieved that he finally divulged the "family secrets" at last. Amalia was heart-broken and totally within character to seek justice for her lost child.

That said, I'm glad Samuels is gone. He was a hateful and cruel man. Now, we're left to wonder who killed him. I don't believe it was Alex. Was it Ellis who was very angry with him? Was it Frank trying to prove something to his family? Was it Lamont, Ellis' brother not seen since the first episode? We'll have to wait and see.