Cannon Forums

CBS (ended 1976)

Cannon seasons 1-5 on DVD

AprilFox

[1]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 108

CANNON is finally available on DVD. Seasons 1-5 plus extras! HERE.

Cannon

Edited on 02/16/2008 5:42am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jamoon2006

[2]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 36

More news on the Cannon DVD front...an official release is coming July 8th!

Like a lot of Paramount's vintage TV catalogue, Cannon is coming to DVD in a "Season 1, Volume 1" package, but it is an official release and may include extras. You never know...Season 1 of The Wild Wild West had a truckload of extras, and the upcoming Mannix DVD has quite a few as well.

I'm a huge private eye, 70s TV fan but have never seen Cannon, so this one is definitely a buy for me.

AprilFox

[3]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 108
    I hope you like Cannon. William Conrad just added the right flavor to the show. Just like Peter Falk in Columbo and Mike Connors in Mannix. I too love the 60's and 70's cop shows, the guys seemed to have alot more character. Today it's cool to be cold and expressionless. Boring if you ask me. I really would like to add alot more to the guide, so I'm definitely looking forward to the official release with added extras.

jamoon2006

[4]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 36

I've watched the pilot of Cannon and the first regular episode ("Salinas Jackpot"). So far, I'm loving this show! William Conrad is terrific and pulls off a lot of the action and fight scenes really well. The constant observations about his weight are getting a little old, but at least they tone it down from the pilot (when it seems like EVERYONE would have to say something to the effect of "Christ, you're fat!") Like James Garner, Conrad is really able to play the humor and tough-guy bits and find a good balance for the character. Frank Cannon feels like a real person, and that's all due to Conrad's charm.

So far, I'm two episodes in and Cannon has already been shot twice! That's a new record, even for a TV private eye! Overall, I still think Rockford is a better show, but Cannon is definitely in the same wheelhouse. My only real gripe is the split season releases. Oh well. Hopefully Paramount will announce a release date for Volume 2 soon.