Canterbury's Law

Pilot

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 10, 2008 on FOX

• I'm underwhelmed.

I was semi excited to see the show from watching the commercials and from hearing somewhere that Canterbury was supposed to be kinda like House, but I was going to wait 'til I actually saw the show before I got my hopes all high. When the show came on I stopped the work I was doing and was waiting to be wowed, but it never came. First I was unimpressed that she was sleepig with a man who wasn't her husband, and even more so that he was a client of hers. All I could think was that she was violating some sort ethics law. Then she had some interaction with the people in her office that I found boring and tuned out after a minute. Then she had some interactions with the judge that should have been good, but alas they were not. When she was in court she made some jokes I guess I was supposed to laugh at, but didn't. The only thing that saved the episode, and kept me from giving it a 3, was the way she got the father to confess. It was brilliant, but poorly played out becasue I felt like they did it half way instead of going at it full force. Then in the end comes a shocker... her son was kidnapped and that's why she worked so hard to get this kid's real killer put in jail. I never saw that coming. Anyhow, I'm giving this show one more episode to entertain me before I write it off comepletely.