Canterbury's Law

Trade-Off

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 11, 2008 on FOX

• Prison for Canterbury? Not.

This episode shows us a different side to Liz Canterbury. In previous episodes Liz is always confident and focused. She normally goes after every case with single-minded determination. However, when faced with an indictment for her own wrong-doings, there is a huge crack in her tough exterior. She seems almost defeated and even seeks to make a plea deal with DAG Williams.

In the meantime, her associates are not so willing to lay down and die, especially Russell. We get to see a new side to him as well. He picks up the slack for Liz, comes up with a plan and executes it. He re-exams an old homicide case successfully prosecuted by DAG Williams, to reveal Williams' own wrong-doings. It was great to see him squirm. One of my favorite scenes was Cherry Pie's testimony. He/she's assessment of Williams was priceless - big feet, cheap suit.
  • Not giving up...

I really enjoyed this episode. It was little different than previous ones - not one case, not proving that the one is not guilty. This time the team tried to prove that Williams is guilty and they managed it to the end - the managed to get him there and make a deal with him.

The whole episode, the way the team took thing on their own hands, the way there was that emotion, that woman who works on Deputy Attorney's office... it all just lead to such a great tension, so high stakes and it was all acted out so powerfully.

I really admire this serie.