Caprica

Dirteaters

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Nov 09, 2010 on Syfy

• A waste of time at the wrong time.

Seriously, the point of a flashback episode is to give you information about a character's past that you don't already know and that will be important in the future. Since Caprica has explain the history of the Adama brothers, the Ha'la'tha and the Tauron conflict to us again and again and since it probably won't be vital info when the robot apocalypse comes. This episode is pointless. If anything if they'd flashbacks to the Joe/Sam's past in an earlier episode it might have been easier to watch ... but then again what we get is hella generic (their goverment was really mean and killed their folks and they are awfully torn up about that)

As far as the Adamas go in the present, we are still in the same place with them at odds with the Guatraus policies valuing money over people. No one makes a move. They just think about the situation they are in really hard.

Since Daniel Graystone is the most awesome character in the BSG universe ... I can't tell you I didn't like seeing him discover and outsmart the Ha'la'tha ... not to mention find his daughter in New Cap City much much faster than Joe. But this is stuff that could have been in the previous episode, if it wasn't repeating stuff.