Caprica

End of Line

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 26, 2010 on Syfy

• Now it's getting interesting

I liked the episode. The only unclear thread is momma's sudden visions of her dead brother and now her past attempts at suicide. What is that all about? If she suicides, we will never know and it will seem like 3 episodes wasted on her drama that could have been used to flesh out other parts of the story. Why is her life so empty? She was a doctor with a husband and teen. Did she not have friends or other relatives?

I still don't understand Daniel. He seems very complex. If he is the genius designer, then why isn't he ever seen designing or at least directing other designers? If he is the owner of a company, why is he being pushed around by his board of directors? Supposedly he missed his daughter so much that he stole her clone from the virtual world and enhanced her then inserted her in a robot but then he completely turned off his emotion (no grief) when the clone disappeared? And why didn't he look for it or keep a backup copy? Finally he rediscovers her and a) realizes that he needs the code (her) in order to make his robot work, b) totally mindfu*ks her to get her to work with him and c) decides to wipe the chip free of code thus killing her. So does he miss her or not? Has he come to grips with her being dead or not? If he needs her code, why is he wiping the chip? WTF? If he realizes that she is in the robot, why not increased security or at least a labcam to track her behavior? Any defense contract work I've ever done has been audited constantly. If he loves his wife, why is she afraid to talk to him about her feelings of loss or bad dreams? He seems so cold, I was flabbergasted when he didn't deny the chip theft and murders to his wife. Another thing. If as his competitor says, the chip is actually bad, then how does the competitor intend to win the military contract? All this imaginary pressure from the military is cute but what robot is he offering up instead? Getting the chip in the first place seemed lame. One company makes chips, another makes robot shells. Like chocolate and peanut butter, they needed to discuss an alliance not corporate espionage.

This school Zoe attended gets more interesting all the time. Apparently, it's a front for STO which is a group of terrorists acting as religious fanatics and no clear agenda? Somehow they are able to attract girl students that can program virtual selves and boy students that can build explosives and hack satellite communication systems as well as the usual run of the mill suicide bombers for the cause yet the leaders themselves only know how to fire guns? They need more training. I hope there is an episode where they show a new student the curriculum. After that blowout with a leader pointing his gun at different members, one wonders how much trust will exist between leaders and followers or between followers and followers afterwards? After the cell leadership assassination attempt, there will be a little housecleaning.

I can't imagine a van with a heavy robot driver ramping up to a decent speed to break a roadblock let alone flip forward over the block in that short distance. Maybe not even at all. The robot will not be harmed by the crash but will Zoe Avatar have to kill more humans in order to get away? Will she get away? It's not like humans are prepared for runaway robots yet are they? The big disappointment was the Joseph - Tamara reunification. When we last saw her, Tamara had figured out what she was but was still human enough to need emotional support and help from her father. She prefers to hide in that part of the game but she discovers that she is untouchable in the game so she can wander anywhere while waiting for her dad. For unknown reasons, it seems to take forever for her dad to find her. All she had to do was offer bonus points to anybody that helped her meet her dad and boom, everybody would be helping and she would meet him immediately. Or she could simply wait at the game entrance since she cannot be killed. But no. We get this long drawn-out boring repeat of imaginary Hollywood life in the 20's that serves no real purpose. She even hangs out in a bar asking deep philosophical questions about the limited power of the gods and the definition of life. Worse, Tamara has one chat with a stranger all the while knowing that game players often use avatars to hide their real identities, hears some trash about her dad and agrees to cut him cold upon first meeting? Suddenly she's not a scared kid anymore but an experienced adult making adult decisions. Did she earn enough game points to get an upgrade? That whole story thread was just unbelievable and pointless except that it introduces Joseph's new gf to the mix. Both father and daughter need closure badly. Why deny it? I hope it isn't the end of it. Another thought. With all the drama between Daniel and his wife, one would think that Joseph would at some point have some feelings for his dead wife. He's been laser focused on his daughter avatar but has no problems forgetting his dead wife. That must have been some mind wipe.

I look forward to a continuation if they get the funding.