Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Adama's Lighter?

kanniballl

[1]Oct 11, 2010
    • level: 18

I started watching some of the Battlestar Galactica remake episodes again recently, and noticed something.

Season 1, Episode 10 - Hand of God

A couple of emotional / important scenes occured where Adama gave Lea his father's lighter. He said Joseph took it to court with him all of the time, and claimed to only lose when he left it at home. He gave it to Lea before going on a big / dangerous mission to take out a Cylon base.

I was wondering, has said lighter appeared on the series yet? I doubt it appeared in more than 1 or 2 episodes in the series, but it would be a nice thing to tie it together. After all they're already showing the creation of the terms "Boxed" and "Toaster"

Edited on 10/11/2010 8:01am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aidorrocks

[2]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 10
    i'd forgot about that lighter. i haven't noticed it so far, but then i wasn't looking for it. it would be nice of them to put it a scene or 2. maybe it'll have some relevence further along in the story.

kanniballl

[3]Jan 5, 2011
    • level: 18

They finally showed it.

It was one of the final episodes of the series, the ones that SyFy aired in a mini-marathon on Tuesday 4-Jan-2010. I think it was Dirteaters.

Adama is in bed with his new beloved and they use it while lighting up some cigarettes. They talk about how it was a gift and how he hadn't used it in a while since he only recently started smoking again.

grueinthedark

[4]Jan 5, 2011
    • level: 1
    The lighter was grabbed on the day that Joseph and Sam's parents are killed, along with the traditional oil lamp (I forget what they called it). As one of the only two objects salvaged from their home on Tauron, it becomes obvious why Joseph would never have parted with it.