Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

After Episode 9...

  • Avatar of bauer316

    bauer316

    [1]Mar 17, 2010
    • member since: 03/27/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 72

    Is Caprica taking a break after episode 9? If so how long?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wedgeantilles54

    wedgeantilles54

    [2]Mar 19, 2010
    • member since: 09/05/03
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 767

    from the looks of the promo at the end of the episode tonight it looks like their is going to be a break but no idea for how long
    i think ep nine is mid season finale from what the promo said

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of enervator

    enervator

    [3]Mar 20, 2010
    • member since: 07/05/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 10,169

    Yes, there are supposedly more episodes that will air...sometime. I just hopy Syfy doesn't do something ridiculous like take a year-long break in the middle of the season.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chech1965

    chech1965

    [4]Mar 21, 2010
    • member since: 12/29/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 3
    It's supposed to return in the fall. Unconfirmed rumours indicate a possible second season filming in the fall for 2011.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wedgeantilles54

    wedgeantilles54

    [5]Mar 22, 2010
    • member since: 09/05/03
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 767
    what is the plan for the other 11 episodes of intial order for seaon one cause it was for 20 eps and from what i've been able to gather they filmed them already
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nainwak

    Nainwak

    [6]Mar 28, 2010
    • member since: 08/21/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 5
    I think the show has ended sooner than scheduled.

    Obviously there was a rush in the last episode: the dad get's dereased, the lab boyfriend get killed (??), the wife suicides herself, the sister will supposedely blow up etc...

    In short, has think they ended Caprica because they didn't get enough audience, which is normal...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alecs777

    alecs777

    [7]Mar 29, 2010
    • member since: 05/20/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 57

    The next 11 episodes will start in October unfortunately. The reason for this big break is probably Stargate universe, which comes back this friday in the same time slot, also from a break (4 month hiatus).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gar80

    gar80

    [8]Mar 30, 2010
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    Caprica is now on a break until the fall/autumn, someime in October, which is frackin unbelievable!!!!!! What the hell are the up to with these shown these days, it was the same with stargate universe.... Does it make any sense to anyone why the studio's splitseasonsin two????? Its so annoying

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hoitash

    Hoitash

    [9]Mar 30, 2010
    • member since: 07/03/04
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 68
    Maybe the slot works really well for both Caprica and SGU and they figure it's best to rotate them?

    It might have something to do with Warehouse 13. Honestly though don't think too much about what Sci-Fi is doing these days, it'll make your head explode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bauer316

    bauer316

    [10]Mar 31, 2010
    • member since: 03/27/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 72

    well being in the UK I have no idea how much longer I'll have to wait. Might you its no where near as bad almost waiting a year for the last 10 episodes of BSG.


    Also just watched the promo for season 1.5, looks fraking awesome

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of antdude

    antdude

    [11]Apr 2, 2010
    • member since: 07/07/04
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 3,743
    Nainwak wrote:
    I think the show has ended sooner than scheduled.

    Obviously there was a rush in the last episode: the dad get's dereased, the lab boyfriend get killed (??), the wife suicides herself, the sister will supposedely blow up etc...
    And that truck explosion was really bad to me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of XileLord

    XileLord

    [12]Apr 8, 2010
    • member since: 06/06/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 17

    Where can they go with character development anyways? They should just really wrap up the first season with the production of thousands of cylons then in the second season have them turn on the humans and make way for the first cylon war. Hate to say this but the whole teenage, drama religious battle thing is NOT working out for this show. Especially the suicides......first the show opens with a teenage suicide bomber and then ends with a suicide.



    I'm not saying pump the show with action but the great thing about BSG is they were trying to survive and you never knew what was going to happen the show kept you guessing, had great writing and great characters.

    First cylon war please with the same guy who played adama in the webisodes......it's the only way this show will make it past the second season let alone the first.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zitzitta

    zitzitta

    [13]Apr 10, 2010
    • member since: 12/23/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 252

    It's confirmed, then, that what they want is to kill the show. There's no other explanation for the on-off-on and off again rythm they've adopted. This show's barely-there-audience does not allow it the luxury of taking, again, such a long "leave of absence". My advice would be for the actors to start looking for new jobs... A pity, I liked the concept and thought it had lots of potential...

    Edited on 04/10/2010 1:53am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Helostwin

    Helostwin

    [14]Apr 10, 2010
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,521
    zitzitta wrote:

    It's confirmed, then, that what they want is to kill the show. There's no other explanation for the on-off-on and off again rythm they've adopted. This show's barely-there-audience does not allow it the luxury of taking, again, such a long "leave of absence". My advice would be for the actors to start looking for new jobs... A pity, I liked the concept and thought it had lots of potential...



    You do not "kill a show" you just cancel it. One week it's there & then it's gone. Caprica has not been cancelled & I doubt it will be. I know a lot of ppl who watch it. As long as it has viewers watching the sponsors making SyFy money it will stay on. Just add MORE kids and have less technology!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wedgeantilles54

    wedgeantilles54

    [15]Apr 26, 2010
    • member since: 09/05/03
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 767

    Syfy is not the most consistant channel in terms of scheduling, i suspect its tied to the fact that their parent company also owns other channels including USA and is allocating more funds to the other channels USA has much bigger budget for orgianl programing and is generaly more consitant in its running of orginal shows even taking breaks into acount.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of InvasionFanbOy

    InvasionFanbOy

    [16]Apr 28, 2010
    • member since: 01/04/09
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 179

    Helostwin wrote:
    zitzitta wrote:


    It's confirmed, then, that what they want is to kill the show. There's no other explanation for the on-off-on and off again rythm they've adopted. This show's barely-there-audience does not allow it the luxury of taking, again, such a long "leave of absence". My advice would be for the actors to start looking for new jobs... A pity, I liked the concept and thought it had lots of potential...


    You do not "kill a show" you just cancel it. One week it's there & then it's gone. Caprica has not been cancelled & I doubt it will be. I know a lot of ppl who watch it. As long as it has viewers watching the sponsors making SyFy money it will stay on. Just add MORE kids and have less technology!


    hell yeah... add more kids, remove the robots totally and then ante up the pms teen drama... hahahaha!.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of InvasionFanbOy

    InvasionFanbOy

    [17]Apr 28, 2010
    • member since: 01/04/09
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 179

    antdude wrote:
    Nainwak wrote:
    I think the show has ended sooner than scheduled. Obviously there was a rush in the last episode: the dad get's dereased, the lab boyfriend get killed (??), the wife suicides herself, the sister will supposedely blow up etc...
    And that truck explosion was really bad to me.


    i have seen all this before... "the show ended sooner than scheduled".. "there was a rush in the last episode"... its all happen before when a show have been cancelled. now they will keep you believe the show is not cancelled so they can sell the dvd as season1, then shuddently go quiet after they milket every penny out of it.....


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of karlandi

    karlandi

    [18]Apr 30, 2010
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 195

    Wait what makes you guys think this show is dead? This is the second highest rated show on SYFI (or whatever they calling themselves this week). And also it one of the most popular downloads via ITunes. This show is far from dead. And as far as the break? For any of you that watched BSG , this is normal. Regarding all the stuff that happened in the midseason cliffhanger (note "cliffhander"), It threw EVERYTHING up in the air, as any GREAT cliff hanger does.

    Edited on 04/30/2010 7:41pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bluewizard52

    bluewizard52

    [19]May 1, 2010
    • member since: 04/12/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2

    Hey, hope its not canceled. Was enjoying seeing how the confused history of the Cylons happened... are they really over 2000 years old?


    but i expect it will be back. My inkling is its the Syfy channel, and YEs, they will sell the Dvd's like they do with BSG, which I am still watching over adn over.. and realize I missed parts.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of inefekt

    inefekt

    [20]Jun 4, 2010
    • member since: 05/22/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 1
    What part of "Season 1.5 airs in October 2010" don't you idiots understand?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.