Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Caprica & BSG same locations

Helostwin

[1]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 18

It seems to me that the Caprica is using locations to set up a tie in to BSG:

1) The lakeside house the Greystones live in looks like the same house lakeside houseBaltar lives in 58 yrs later.

2) Sam headquarters his guerilla band in "an old high school" made of yellow brick. The high school that Joseph went to pick up Tamara at looks thelike the same set of one story yellow buildings(I'm NOT talking about the private Athena Acadamy the other kids attend).

3) The Caprican Defense Ministry where the Cylon tests were held appears to be the same building where Laura Roslyn headed the Colonial Ministry of Education half a century later.

4) In the BSG miniseries on the day of the holocaustwhen the doctor tells Laura she has cancer there is a plaza visable thru the bay window. It looks like the same plaza where Amanda Greystone gave her speech.

Did anyone else notice locations used in both programs?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wedgeantilles54

[2]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 12

It would makes sense that some of those locations would be the same since all of those scenes are on caprica
    Though it the case of the school isuspect its not the same school since the one Sam is based out of is not in one of the major cities
    As to the minstry of Denfense building it makes sense since its a goverment building and over the years what was housed in could have changed.

The main thing is they proably tried to use some the locations we see in BSG in caprica to make it feel more like it was part of the same universe.

Damian300669

[3]May 5, 2010
    • level: 6
    Yeah, sure! Graystone's party in Know Thy Enemy is given in a museum. This is the same museum where Kara Thrace finds the Arrow of Apollo in the Battlestar Galactica episode Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 2. The statue where the fight between Caprica Six and Thrace takes place can be seen when Graystone and Vergis first meet in this episode.

DavidMccallum1

[4]Jun 17, 2010
    • level: 1

For Helostwin

Of course the sets look similar. for one they are shooting it in the same area outside Vancouver. And it is supposed to be the same city, so why not have the Plaza look the same as in BSG. The lakeside house The Greystones live in is probably the same area where Baltar will buy a house in 50 years or so. These things are not stupid or obvious. It's done to show they didn't just go from one planet to another, but to the same planet back in time.

Besides, haven't you seen any star trek? talk about reused sets. lol

Starbucksman

Helostwin

[5]Jun 21, 2010
    • level: 18
    I didn't think they were stupid or obvious, in fact I thought they were being clever to see if people would notice. I was just pointing out the continuity. I don't really like Star Trek.

robdrescher

[6]Jul 3, 2010
    • level: 1

I think it makes sense that they would use the same sets though, as they were trying to tie the two together, at least that was the impression I had when I saw the previews for episode 1, prior to it airing. And there are enough differences to not get the feel that they couldn't budget for something different. I hadn't caught the museum significance but think it worked well enough.