Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Caprica Ending *WARNING SPOILERS*

maywee

[1]Dec 3, 2010
    • level: 4

For those of you that have managed to see the ending, what a finale. Especially the 'shape of things to come' epilogue; we really got to see some things which show how the events of Battlestar Galactica came to be: the cylons are now integrated into society and Bill Adama we know has been born and was named after the one in Caprica. However what really mad my mouth go Surprised was when the human cylon Zoe came out of the bath (very much like the cylons came out of the ressurection tubs in Battlestar). So does she become the leader of the cylon uprising? And what's Clarice and Lacy's part in all of this? Alas we shall never know thanks to fraking SyFy! Hopefully they'll wrap up the threads in Blood And Chrome.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DanielRichards0

[2]Dec 3, 2010
    • level: 7
    Honestly if even a third of the US aired episodes had been as good as the last 3 the show would have survived, I always felt this story would of been better told as like a 5 part 2 hour each miniseries. The death of Willie was stupid because if you do the math Caprica is set 58 years before the fall and they had been at peace for 40 years. The First Cylon war lasted 12.5 years so even If the new Bill Adama was born within a year of the main Story of Caprica ending he would of been 5.5 years old when the war started and 18 when it ended, just barely old enough to sign up for military service, so he would of had to been drafted at like 16 to have time to go thru basic training and be assigned to a ship that would see combat before the war ended.

maywee

[3]Dec 3, 2010
    It can be done though, cos when you saw Adama in the Razor webisodes, it was the final day of the cylon war and he looke around 18 ish. Remember in WWI that 16 year olds pretended to be 18 to join the British army so maybe a similar thing occured in the first cylon war, maybe they were short on soldiers that they didnt have time to check the age of all who applied like in WWI

digrifter

[4]Dec 3, 2010
    • level: 12

Is it just me, or has every episode since it's cancellation on SyFy been awesome? What. The. Frack!?

Maybe it's better off as a one season run (or been touted as a mini-series), but why cut it off just as it's getting great?

DanielRichards0

[5]Dec 3, 2010
    • level: 7
    also why wasn't Clarice in jail? she was the head of the cell that was trying to bomb the stadium, i find it hard to believe that they would just let her preach monotheism, all the colonies would be searching for her after the events at the stadium.

maywee

[6]Dec 3, 2010
    she was preaching in V world so maybe she was in hiding

mude

[7]Dec 19, 2010
    • level: 15
    What a blast of an ending, the rest of the seasons episodes just drive the story at a high pace and end it on a high note(the last episode & epilogue was just epic!!!). It's really sad cause one realises that after the rush they will be no more episodes to contineu the story.

What a let down syfy has become, let's hope they give the next installment in the series a chance to flourish before they axe it.

saxyroro

[8]Jan 3, 2011
    • level: 13
    The last episode was pretty damn good. the wrapped stuff up nicely for the cancellation.

kanniballl

[9]Jan 5, 2011
    • level: 18

Stuff was wrapped up fairly well for the cancellation, and the closing dialog and montage summed things up pretty nicely. You can easily see how it all rolls into the Colonial war, especially with Clarice fanning the flames with her religious zeal. Unlike other unplanned finales, this one did a good job at ending things early.

I have a few questions that I'm putting into a new thread. I guess official answers are unlikely unless they decide to refer to Caprica events in the new planned Cylon-war series.

Edited on 01/05/2011 6:18am

claudia40

[10]Jan 7, 2011
    • level: 9
    And thank the Gods for that I would have hated a cliffhanger...it wrapped it up so nicely. I feel I can watch BSG with a new/deeper understanding it just layed the ground work smootly. So thankful I hate when shows I like end with tons of open questions!!
    Infact Netflix is streaming it I may check it out soon ;o)

kanniballl wrote:

Stuff was wrapped up fairly well for the cancellation, and the closing dialog and montage summed things up pretty nicely. You can easily see how it all rolls into the Colonial war, especially with Clarice fanning the flames with her religious zeal. Unlike other unplanned finales, this one did a good job at ending things early.

I have a few questions that I'm putting into a new thread. I guess official answers are unlikely unless they decide to refer to Caprica events in the new planned Cylon-war series.

Helostwin

[11]Jan 8, 2011
    • level: 17
    kanniballl wrote:

I'm really wondering how Clarice got in charge! When everything ended Clarise plan had failed and the terrorists were being hunted down on Caprica. Meanwhile on Gemenon Lacey controlled the Cylons & had apparently overthrown the ruthless Blessed Mother & taken her place. Lacey & her friends were sickened by all the killing and apparently killed all the terrorists. Now suddenly the head terrorist CLARICE is in charge and leading the Cylons to overthrow the human race! Did she kill Lacey & take over? How THAT change occurred certainly deserves an explaination, if not an entire episode itself. Maybe a flashback in the new series?

TomalakGeretka

[12]Aug 7, 2012
    • level: 1

maywee wrote:
    she was preaching in V world so maybe she was in hiding

Was she?