Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Does Caprica finish it's story?

sigurdursveinn

[1]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 3

So I am watching Battlestar Galactica Season 4 right now and i'm just loving it, I have watched all previous episodes and I am going to finish it hopefully soon. I was thinkin about watching Caprica afterwards but I know it's just been cancelled and i don't want to get into a story if it is not finished. What I was wondering, does Caprica end properly or does it not. Don't tell me any spoilers or that it's sucks and I should not watch it, I don't care about that.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Helostwin

[2]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 17
    I liked it. It finishes about a generation before BSG begins. The teenagers in Caprica would be in their 50s during BSG. There is going to be another series to fill in the gap between the 2. However Caprica lays the foundation for everything that happens later: the creation of the Cylons and them being used to replace human soldiers (that was the idea), the violent monotheistic terrorists whom Baltar gets mixed up with etc. You understand WHY things happen in BSG much better having seen Caprica.

sigurdursveinn

[3]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 3
    thanks

Helostwin

[4]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 17
    You're welcome

DygitalNinja

[5]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 11
    Caprica ends with a great deal of plot questions left unanswered, but not with a frak ton of cliffhangers. The final episode has an epilouge that will give you a bit of closure, but its really just a set up for a second season that won't happen (imagine if BSG ended right after that "One Year Later" jump at the end of Season 2)

Caprica ended on a more-or-less decent note. But with signs that it was all coming apart and **** was about to get real very soon

However Caprica was slow at times (so was Battlestar) but it was a very unique and impressive series. Watching how the Human/Cylon conflict not only makes out for a good show on its own, it also gives you some insight into BSG.

Seeing how/why cylons were first created, gained sentience and rebelled colors what you see on BSG in a different light. After seeing how Caprica and the other colonies worked before the cylons blew them up it makes far more sense why it was so difficult for them to work together in the fleet. It would be pretty difficult to get America, the Middle East and Columbia to just hold hands and sing our way out a crisis

It is pretty messed up Caprica got canceled before it really got going, but there is another BSG spin-off so perhaps the lingering storylines from Caprica will somehow be wrapped up.

I'm crossing my fingers for another TV movie.

kanniballl

[6]May 9, 2011
    • level: 18

The other guys covered it well enough. The final episode wrapped things up fairly well... it didn't tie up every loose end but for a series finale it did alright. Considering they ended the show before it had a chance to tell it's multi-season story they did a fairly good job tying it all up.

In short, a bunch of events come to a head which closes up some holes (but not all). The last couple of minutes have a monologue describing Graystone's feelings on the recent events and developments. All the while showing a montage of how Colonial life has changed as a result of the recent events and how you can easily see how it will all flow into a civil war.

There's another series in the works, Blood and Chrome. It takes place in the early days of the first/previous Cylon way (decades before Battlestar Galactica). I imagine it will fill in some gaps and bridge the two series.

That's assuming the show hasn't been dropped already.

Edited on 05/09/2011 12:35pm