Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

How far will this series go in terms of time and events

wedgeantilles54

[1]Apr 27, 2009
    • level: 12

after watching the pilot i've been doing some thinking and i've realizied that certian events that we know of have not happened yet it seems that at this point the 12 colonies are not unified but are all seperate nation states for lack of a better term. So i suspect that we might see the events that lead up to this being set in motion. We might also see the events that are the basis for the painting in adama's quaters on galactica set in motion too since it show cylons fighting each other.
    Also we don't know when the cylon war began or how long it lasted so we might see the beginings of it or at leas the events that trigger it over the course of the events in the series it all depends on how the passage of time is handeled in the series.

Also i think seeing William Adama grow up will be an interesting and will reval alot about why he takes certian actions.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

copygeek

[2]Apr 27, 2009
    • level: 13
    Since William Adama is only 10-12 years old in Caprica, the series would have to continue for at least 6-8 seasons (or it would have to jump forward in time) for us to see Adama take part in the first Cylon war. In BSG it was suggested by Adama's involvement in the war that it will probably take place about 10 years from the start of Caprica, so that means that humans will have to tick off the Cylons pretty quickly after they are constructed in order for the war to ensue.

Daxx00004

[3]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 9
    copygeek wrote:
    Since William Adama is only 10-12 years old in Caprica, the series would have to continue for at least 6-8 seasons (or it would have to jump forward in time) for us to see Adama take part in the first Cylon war. In BSG it was suggested by Adama's involvement in the war that it will probably take place about 10 years from the start of Caprica, so that means that humans will have to tick off the Cylons pretty quickly after they are constructed in order for the war to ensue.
    I don't think they need to "tick off" the cylons. I believe the manner in which the cylon brain/personality was created/acquired/stolen will affect the cylon attitude toward humans. Not to mention the instability of a teenage mind.

osa420

[4]May 2, 2009
    • level: 7

I think the soldiers of one group will have a big part in the cylons rebelling.

Xx-explicit-xX

[5]May 5, 2009
    • level: 7
    Hopefully to the beginning of BSG

cr1sty

[6]May 12, 2009
    • level: 4
    The pilot looked promising and always wanted 2 see how all started.

saxyroro

[7]May 18, 2009
    • level: 13
    Thats so Dr. Who in length as far as the series. 58 years from the fall of Caprica?

tomalak2007

[8]May 19, 2009
    I liked the pilot, but there are some topics I would have left to develop later on during the series, such as how the Cylons become monotheists. Also, the Cylon at the end is almost ready, put on a vintage shell and you've got it, it even had the old synth voice. Nothing more to develop there.
    Maybe "they have a plan" for the series that I don't see... but I think the writers kind of rushed into it... maybe to became a war/action series?

Oniony1

[9]Jun 11, 2009
    • level: 1
    I was also surprised by the speed at which they seem to cover ground in this pilot, in line with what tomalak says above. I think it could be interesting how the Cylon containing the girl's memory comes to find her place amongst the others. There was a scene in BSG Razor (that confused and amused me at the time) in which you see a pair of Cylons piloting a raider captained by a golden coloured Cylon. If all Cylon are massproduced copies, how does one distinguish itself to be promoted? Experience could be passed to others as data, you might assume, so what did he do for that bling paintjob?

kingkylus

[10]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 2
    I'm sure at the beginining of BSG they say something like 'the 50th anniversy of the cylon war'

so 8 (caprican) years from now the poop is gunna hit the fan!

NightwingNL

[11]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 2
    kingkylus wrote:
    I'm sure at the beginining of BSG they say something like 'the 50th anniversy of the cylon war'

so 8 (caprican) years from now the poop is gunna hit the fan!

I think so too!
    The boy will be like 18yrs then and we also have to keep in mind that the cylons will change because they look alot differnt now in the pilot that in BSG (2003)

wedgeantilles54

[12]Nov 3, 2009

after rewatching the piolt i realized we have no real idea when the war with the cylons actually started
    just that they hadn't been seen for 40 years when the mini series started.
    Also consider that the battlestars wheren't built untill after the war started, and we have no idea how long it took to build them so we may see them being built at somepoint or prehaps some mention of the plans for them.

Mental_Micky

[13]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 8

Caprica pilot is based 50+ years before the 1st Cylon war.

Will Adama in BSG fought in the 1st Cylon war, which occured 40 years before BSG.

Unless Will Adama in BSG is 100+ years old, that little Will Adama kid is not the Will Adama you think he is!!

wedgeantilles54

[14]Dec 18, 2009

I distinctly remember that pilot says 58 years before the fall.
    Unless the fall referers to something esle it is the attack that destories the colonies
    so basically we have 18 years till the the cylons "disapear" for 40 years
    also Adama mentions several times that his father was a lawyer and the adult adama in the pilot is one so it is only logical to reason that the we did so a yound version of Admiral Adama in the pilot

I suspect if the show goes on long enough we might actually see the beginings of the first cylon war, since we don't actually know how long it went on.
    Along with this we should see the uniting of the colonies and some other key events shuch as the contruction of the orginal 12 battlestars or at least the orders to build them being given.

oz_island

[15]Dec 19, 2009
    It definitely says 58 years before the fall...the first Cylon war was likely around 40 to 50 years before BSG (in the BSG miniseries I believe they specifically mention that no one had heard from the Cylons for 40 years which was the end of the 1st war). And in Razor they show Will Adama in the 1st Cylon War and he appears to be in his early twenties. It would be very difficult for the series to go to the 1st war as I agree that it would have to probably go 8+ years unless it starts when Will Adama is still younger and before he joined the military.

Zenythmon

[17]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 3
    This series seems to focus on the creation of the cylons. The series takes place approximately 58 years before the fall of the colonies. The First Cylon War takes place 40 years before the fall. Based on thematic elements, I doubt the series will cover the war. I'm not sure if it will cover the first few years after Cylon distribution, but if it does, it'll most likely deal with the same prejudices that was depicted in the movie I, Robot. There is a likely chance that the series may take a similar approach as in the I, Robot movie. I personally would like to see the revolt take place. However, like I said, there's a good chance that the series will end just when they are about to distribute the cylons.

Zenythmon

[18]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 3
    In BSG, he definitely looks to be somewhere between 50 and 70.

DigificWriter

[19]Jan 23, 2010

'The Fall' denotes the beginning of the second Cylon War, and the beginning of the events depicted in BSG. This means that the events depicted in Caprica begin 58 years before BSG, which, as noted, begins some 40 years after the end of the first Cylon War. That war lasted for 12 years, which means that it started some 52 years before the beginning of BSG (40 + 12 = 52). Subtract 52 from 58, and you get 6, which gives you the number of years there are between the start of Caprica and the start of the first Cylon War. We can't predict how many seasons Caprica will get, so we really can't know how many of those 6 years the series will actually cover; however, if I were going to take a guess, I'd say that the likelihood of us actually seeing the start of the first Cylon War is 'slim to none', since that's really not what the series is about.

RagingNaruto

[20]Jan 26, 2010
    I wanna see when Daniel was 'boxed'.