Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

It's just horrible bad...

InvasionFanbOy

[1]Jan 31, 2010
    • level: 8
    i was looking forward to this, the first time around when the pilot aired. i was not thrilled after seeing what they have come up with. now they re-aired the pilot in a pg version (to much boobies, naked skin and swear words). its year since the last time i did see the pilot but this time around the pilot is just embarrassing bad to watch, the pg version i dont mind. but after a year it have not aged well, and that is just after a year. but now there is episode 2 out and i would like to give it another chance so i watched it. to be honest this is just horrible bad, a pemenstrual teenager girl in a crappy cgi robot body, what the heck.. it cant get worse than this. the script writting is totally rubbish to, jesus christ this must be one of the worst tv shows shown on tv in 2010.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mermayd

[2]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 19
    I know, I'm finding it a bit rubbish too. Bad acting and what the hell is the storyline?

Looks to me like they just wanted to milk the BSG fanbase but spend as little money as possible. Do they think we're stupid and will just watch any old crap?

Not in this day and age when there are so many other things to watch. I'm going to give it one more week and if it doesn't pick up, I'm moving on. It's going to sully my memory of BSG otherwise.

wedgeantilles54

[3]Feb 19, 2010
    • level: 12

i agree it wasn't what i was expecting but most shows take a little while to get going

Edited on 02/19/2010 6:07pm

antdude

[4]Feb 20, 2010
    • level: 27
    mermayd wrote:
    I know, I'm finding it a bit rubbish too. Bad acting and what the hell is the storyline?

Looks to me like they just wanted to milk the BSG fanbase but spend as little money as possible. Do they think we're stupid and will just watch any old crap?

Not in this day and age when there are so many other things to watch. I'm going to give it one more week and if it doesn't pick up, I'm moving on. It's going to sully my memory of BSG otherwise.
    Ditto. I only liked seeing the cylon!

MikeOrangeman

[5]Feb 20, 2010
    • level: 5
    Disagree. It is slow and they have to get a more engaging storyline quickly but I don't find it to be garbage.

haldrey

[6]Feb 20, 2010
    • level: 22
    I was really looking forward to this show expecting something as great as BSG but far from finding any greatness in it. Something has to happen fast for I am beginning to use the fast forward button which to me means that nothing interesting is happening.

voovvz

[7]Feb 20, 2010
    • level: 3
    I think it is a great show

aloyoon

[8]Feb 21, 2010
    • level: 7
    this show is really suck the pilot was great and i was looking forward to keep watching but it seem there are nothing new in any of the following episodes there are nothing important that make you want to know what will happen next and the last episode suck the most an interview really!!

pgsuperfan

[9]Feb 21, 2010
    • level: 25
    It is OK not the greatest

Kondix

[10]Feb 21, 2010
    • level: 11
    I really like it... it is diffrent than BSG but touches upon the sames problems... religion, science, coruption etc...

less epics, but almost equally great!

palpatine19

[11]Feb 22, 2010
    • level: 5
    I too find it to be bland, unless Zoe is in it. This last episode was boring, and the greystones annoy me. If you take out the Cylon i would have dropped this show after this last episode. Zoe/Cylon is what everyone wants to see they need to really turn this around quick

parallax207

[12]Feb 22, 2010
    • level: 15
    Caprica like Battlestar Galactica is sci-fi deeply rooted in present-day themes. It is not the same show, BSG is action packed and full of military driven drama and intrigue. This is more cerebral sci-fi fare about the limits of science and it's commentary on our society. I like for that. It has the potential to be very good... it just isn't there yet, hopefully that will be remedied soon

JonathanPalmer0

[13]Feb 23, 2010
    • level: 2
    Caprica is some of the Best Science Fiction on tv right now. It's Cerebral and really gets under its characters skins. it is setting up an epic storyline that will nicely segway into BSG. ITs not the same as BSG but its another form of world building within the Galactica universe. I for one hope that Sci Fi channel throw there full weight behind this as quality science fiction on TV is few and far between.

goldtop2007

[14]Feb 23, 2010
    • level: 14
    It's boring and not sexy at all - really hope it gets better after the robot rebellion, when I look forward to the Graystones getting killed and they bring in new main characters with chemistry and a will to live. There's toning down (vintage french cars? really? cheap, ey..), and there's tuning out..which I will do soon, and start watching BSG again instead. It's like a Bergman movie, lighten up!

MrBovineOrdure

[15]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 6

Well, one of the things they didn't want to do was another military series. Sci-fi was concerned that that kind of show lost the female viewership so they made it more relationship based.

It's not BSG, that's for certain. It's still watchable, but I too hope it picks up a bit.

Any of the critics on this thread ladies? I'd be interested in hearing what they think since the show is trying to target them.

Mr BO

elis74

[16]Feb 25, 2010
    • level: 1
    I was a fan of BSG. I thought the preaired pilot was excellent but none of the episodes since has even been good. After the pilot I felt they had a lot to explore but they've done almost nothing with it so far. I'll prolly watch it for 1-2 more episodes but if nothing's changed I'll quit.

h00plah

[17]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 10
    Honestly, a few weeks back in the episode where Daniel is attacked in an alleyway ... I was under the impression that the series was doomed. That entire episode was a train wreck and jumped the shark in so many places. Now, with last weeks episode and tonight's episode I am more than convinced that this series is going forward in a good direction. The path was unclear in the beginning, but the foundation is set for what I think will be an incredible rest of the season. I really do hope that more people forget about Battlestar Galactica, and simply watch Caprica as an entirely new show. Because these two shows have so many similarities yet when you go down to the core ... they're nothing alike.

If ratings continue to fall, this series will be dead. I'd hate to see this happen. Because honestly, Battlestar Galactica was incredible for many reasons, but it's best feature was that it wasn't a crazy never-ending mess. Look at LOST for instance (ending this year, I caught up on the first five seasons a couple of months ago and have been watching since). The second they introduced time travel, the whole series in my mind went to hell. Battlestar Galactica may have seemed a little unrealistic at times, but it always gave us enough information to answer our own questions. Enough of LOST, back to Caprica. The pilot episode had me hooked, and the episodes that followed were either passable, boring or simply amazing. Disagree with me all you want, but compared to a lot of what you see on TV these days ... Caprica is and always will be a masterpiece. I just hope that it gets to end on its own terms. Trust me when I say that the best is yet to come ... Ronald Moore has never let us down (and do NOT say that the Battlestar Galactica finale was an example of this, because no other series finale has ever been so perfect.)

Anyway, I'm done ranting for one night. I honestly can't wait for next weeks episode, but that's just me ... right?

antdude

[18]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 27
    Tonight's episode got interesting in the second half. I was going to stop watching after this episode, but I think I will stay a little longer to watch a few more episodes.

Timewhisper

[19]Feb 27, 2010
    • level: 7
    This last episode was great, the story is really picking up pace.

TeaCake911

[20]Feb 27, 2010
    • level: 6
    Great latest episode, they have Tamara Adama in a decent subplot similar to the one in .hack//SIGN where she's playing an MMORPG and can't logout. And Greystone is starting to instigate the Cylon rebellion now that it's his company's only focus going forward.

I still hate the actor playing Willie Adama with a passion, though I guess we're supposed to think he's an @$$hole kid.