Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

It's just horrible bad...

InvasionFanbOy

[41]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 8

Helostwin wrote:
    I think it's a FANTASTIC PROGRAM. It should have EVEN MORE teenagers in the cast!

while we are at it why not get 8 years old instead they are more into robots and blinking lights... and the violence and action pace fits great to, they will be clued to the screen...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RealPesto

[42]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 1

Testing Testing, 1, 2 and 3..

RealPesto

[43]Apr 9, 2010

Ok, working now. Good.

Would like to point out to InvasionBoyToy and people disliking the show, saying its slow, non actionpacked etc. That Caprica is NOT BSG and it will never be BSG. Its not ment to be in the same fashion or showing the same thing. Its ment to be a series of itself showing a new side of the BSG franchise. Eventually leading up to the events that BSG has shown us.

And to Xilelord.. uhm... Why would they remake another BSG ... again ? Just set on earth ? You see.. thats what I think is you guys biggest problem. You want it to be BSG all over again. Well, wake up. It's NOT!

I love the show and I find it intriguing and making me want more. Sure, I'll admit that some of the series are abit slow and somewhat boring. I could comment about it and become all mighty and bash the series down, but then I would have to do it to every single TV series made throughout the decades...

There is one thing I would like to point out though, thats really annoying and pissing me off. So Moore if your reading this!! Smack yourself in the mouth! Through the 9 episodes watched of Caprica.. you've used 2 characters allready seen in the BSG franchise. Now that is god damn blasphemy!! SHAME ON YOU!

Apart from that. I love the series and I cant wait to see what Moore it will unveil along the way, be it slow or fast. Preferably a mixture of both.

The RealPesto.

Helostwin

[45]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 18
    I certainly hope so. The worst thing about BSG was they got rid of Boxey.

RodrigoCardoso

[46]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 2

parallax207 wrote:
    Caprica like Battlestar Galactica is sci-fi deeply rooted in present-day themes. It is not the same show, BSG is action packed and full of military driven drama and intrigue. This is more cerebral sci-fi fare about the limits of science and it's commentary on our society. I like for that. It has the potential to be very good... it just isn't there yet, hopefully that will be remedied soon

Sci-fi is a tricky genre. It may veer towards political commentary, philosophical questions or simply a futuristic version of a Western or a war movie. Depending on the audience, the same movie can be great or suck ("let me know your opinion on 2001 and I can't tell how you are" sort of thing). BSG was one of those rare examples of cross-genre that could please almost anyone as it was effective in many different fronts. Tough act to follow. Caprica is far less engaging but is not that bad if one doesn't compare it with BSG. Ok, being not that bad doesn't mean it's good either. If I still watch it, it's mostly out of curiosity as to how the developments in this series would ultimately lead to the what we saw in BSG. It may be contradictory: Caprica is second-rate compared to BSG, maybe less so if standing on its own, but BSG is still the reference that makes me interested in Caprica; without it, I doubt I'd still be interested in watching further episodes.

mplsbill

[48]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 5

No my friend, this is no BSG, however if you don't try to look for and make comparisons you'll find that Caprica is a great show for now, exactly as it is!This is a perfect show for the re-branding of scifi to syfy! I think it makes perfect sense, that doesn't mean I always like it, I mean really, wrestling on scifi or syfy? Really????? I find it quite a stretch myself, but to each his own! Caprica rocks if your not looking for bsg!

smiley19922006

[49]May 3, 2010

I attempted watching the pilot episode when it was first released on DVD and it stunk, I couldn't make it past the first 20 minuets of the show. If SyFy is smart they'll drop this show and save their money.

smiley19922006

[50]May 3, 2010

I wasn't expecting it to be BSG. Though I was expecting something worth watching, which I did not get.

arniarent

[51]May 5, 2010
    It's difficult to decide really, I haven't made up my mind. So far, the show is far from being what I hoped for, but I can still enjoy it.

classygirl07

[52]May 14, 2010
    • level: 6

yes, it is a bad show. i gave it a chance and some characters are just too boring. you cannot really blame the actors but rather the writing and the whole show... I think it all started horribly. "Pilot is just embarrassing bad to watch" just like InvasionFanbOy said.

InvasionFanbOy

[53]May 15, 2010
    • level: 8

heros have been canned (that was a pretty good show at least s1)... and flashforward too (5 first episodes then fell flat on its face)... i guess caprisa will be NEXT!... the canhammer is hitting hard......

Helostwin

[54]May 15, 2010
    If SyFy is stupid enough to can it then TeenNick will pick it up

pFalavolito

[55]May 25, 2010

I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but I feel that all the women actors in this show are horrible at acting and they're quite annoying, except for Tamara Adama, even though she's kind of like Neo in the matrix lol

robdrescher

[56]Jul 3, 2010
    For those of us that expected another BSG, it's not, and though I find it slow in parts, I do like how they are really showing the significance of what can happen to a society that has very few limits. I agree that they were trying to capture the female audience, because many of my female friends like the fact that it's not action packed and seems to be developing characters that are somewhat relateable. I think if they continue with the series (I'm hoping it hasn't been cancelled?) that they will have to put more action into it as they cylons start to become more dominant in the show. From what I have seen, those viewers that never saw BSG, tend to like Caprica much more as they don't have expectations of what the show should be like. I also don't believe that they meant to make it anything like BSG. Ronald Moore is too good at a storyline to have not done better if he wanted it like BSG. As slow as it is in parts, I still look forward to seeing more episodes and what takes place in the history of Caprica. Which is what it's all about - Caprica, and not the entire BSG enviroment.

As far as the Adama character, it does give us a good foundation of why he hates cylons so venomously (sp? - sorry, it's late) and how many kids were punks before growing up into something spectacular?

There have been a few shows with slow starts (first season, but have been able to do well thereafter.) Let's hope this is one show.

sorrowfool

[57]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 11
    I love it. Maybe because I watched it all at once, I dunno. I guess if you were expecting another BSG you would be disappointed, but I wan't. Mainly because they said about a thousand times it wasn't going to be another BSG. I loved BSG, and I love that this show isn't trying to be another one. It is it's own beast and I can see that if it gets the chance, it has the potential to be something great... well greater.

Helostwin

[58]Jul 24, 2010
    sorrowfool wrote:
    I love it. Maybe because I watched it all at once, I dunno. I guess if you were expecting another BSG you would be disappointed, but I wan't. Mainly because they said about a thousand times it wasn't going to be another BSG. I loved BSG, and I love that this show isn't trying to be another one. It is it's own beast and I can see that if it gets the chance, it has the potential to be something great... well greater.

I think most people who tried Caprica really like it. The ones who don't like it complain it's NOT BSG but we were told not to expect it to be. I don't get these people who complain that it isn't BSG. Besides, people forget that BSG did have some really awful soap opera like episodes.People were calling it "Days of My Battlestar" it got so bad at one point.But every ep of Caprica has been absolutely GREAT so far!

Jammet

[59]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 10
    It's not really bad. The drama is great, the main cast is awesome. It's most of the other characters who I don't like so much. And the whole religious theme is a little too in-your-face. Plus, what were they thinking, putting mother Teresa in there?

I think my main complaint with the series is that it's too much like earth. Caprica itself I mean. Oldtimer cars, people wearing ties, society itself, it's not "different" enough, even if I would agree that funny clothes might not result in an evergreen series that you could still watch in 30 years without laughing your butt off about the clothes people are wearing.