Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Speak up who Freakin' Loves This Show!!

KStanf

[1]Jan 29, 2010
    • level: 4

I do! I do!

I just watched the pilot and have to say as a frak'd out fan of the original series and the new series... I have to say I really, really like CAPrica!!!

I got chills when the Cylon looked up at everyone behind the glass after the military demo and said "By your command".

I can't wait to see what comes next!

Woo Hoo!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hungry_Homer111

[2]Jan 29, 2010
    • level: 26
    I want to wait until I give a final opinion on the show. I mean, the pilot was great, despite a few weaker moments. It had a lot of great character moments, and I loved the contrast between the two main characters (Daniel and Adama's dad). However, I think that the episode that aired tonight was a pretty big step back in quality. It did have a few decent moments, and I really enjoyed the last part with Zoe's mother. However, a lot of it wasn't really that great, especially Zoe as a Cylon (I knew that this would turn out to be a silly idea the moment they introduced it, and hope that they move on from it soon). Overall, it's a very promising show, which has had some great moments, especially in the pilot episode, but if things continue to go like tonight's episode, then it will be a wasted oportunity.

Eric10301

[3]Jan 30, 2010
    • level: 12
    I'll tell you what I don't love, the word frak. Why the writers continue to use that word is beyond me.

pgsuperfan

[5]Jan 30, 2010
    • level: 25
    It has taken a bit of time to get into it

antdude

[6]Jan 30, 2010
    • level: 27
    I like last night's episode more than the pilot (didn't like it). We'll see...

Timewhisper

[7]Jan 31, 2010
    • level: 7
    I wouldn't say I love it, but I definitely like it and depending on what course the series takes I may love it soon.
    Some BSG fans may not like this show because it is not an action show, it's a drama. That doesn't bother me at all. In fact I think it's about time for a sci-fi drama.

Jammet

[8]Feb 1, 2010
    • level: 10
    I'll have to say, the show is wonderfully executed Drama/Sci-Fi. And I can honestly say that - thus far - I like the actors and their acting. Nothing seemed out of place, too cliche, or just plain artificial. Sometimes - but that's my own damn fault - I keep being reminded to Marty Mc Fly from 'Back to the Future' when I see Eric Stoltz (Daniel Graystone). There is a bit of resemblence between these actors, I guess.

goatas4

[9]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 15
    I was skeptical at first, but after watching the pilot and 2nd episode, I was hooked.

Stevio

[10]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 8
    I'm loving the show but I could do without the gay tough guy. He could have been a really interesting character. Still though, it's looking like it's going to be a great show.

ibnuts

[11]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 2

^I think they included that because the gay community complained that there weren't any gay characters on the original show. Apparently, there was supposed to be something with Gaeta & Hoshi being gay IIRC, but it wasn't really expanded on. I'm guessing that making that character gay is to appeal to the community to show that there are gay characters who aren't just effeminate, the way they're portrayed on every other show/movie; and also, that they have depth (i.e. showing the guy with his spouse etc).

EDIT: Oh, and I absolutely love this show! I'm concerned it won't last that long since it makes you think and analyze things, and most Americans are too stupid or intellectually lazy for much of that. Most people just want to "tune in (the TV) and turn off (their minds)." I find myself pausing the show to think about things they've said and to relate it to the history from BSG.However, I hope there are enough people who don't mind that in shows so that this one can last for a good long time.

Edited on 02/07/2010 11:41am

anthem47

[12]Feb 6, 2010

Stevio wrote:
    I'm loving the show but I could do without the gay tough guy. He could have been a really interesting character. Still though, it's looking like it's going to be a great show.

Being gay makes him not interesting? O.o Because i thought it was good to see a different side to him, up until then he was this very sterotypical two-bit crim, it was good to find out something new about him. Characters like that always run the danger of being one-note. At least we know he has a heart, heh.

Loving the show so far though. I wonder if Serge is around when Zoe is clanking around the house? At the very least he must have wondered who broke the bed last episode.

Invader_of_53

[13]Feb 7, 2010
    Making Sam gay was more or less the fact that it's an exploration of the fact that sexuality and gender is not an issue on the Twelve Colonies, a clear distinction from our own world. In Galactica Three and Caprica-Six were in a three-way with Baltar, Helena was in a relationship with Gina, and Gaeta was in a relationship with Hoshi (as well an Eight on New Caprica) before breaking it off to spare him of the mutiny he was about to undertake. And remember that "Sir" was used as a genderless honourific and even the heads were shown as unisex. It's just showing a broader view of the same society.

ebony_kunoichi

[14]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 13

I really thought I would hate this show or not like it at least. But I am really digging it. I love that the brother is gay I love the plural marriage as well with many wives and husbands. It adds a whole new look at the culture of the 12 colonies and I have always been curious about the life on the colonies. Its fun to see they dynamic of the different peoples.

Helostwin

[15]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 18
    I don't mind the gay gangster but I do mind the plural marriage. I feel sorry for the kid of that pregnant STO woman when it's born. Espicially with a house full of fanatics & terrorists.