Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The other Colonies

Helostwin

[1]Oct 22, 2010
    • level: 17

OK I love this series and I adored BSG (even if it did get bogged down at times) but there is one thing I think is sorely lacking--- we know almost NOTHING about most of the Colonies. Both shows concentrated on Caprica because it was the most advanced colonyand also showed Gemnon and Tauron a few times. In one of the miniseries we saw the shipyard in Sagitaria being destroyed as the Pegasus escaped and we saw a passanger liner supposedly orbiting Canceria but didn't see the planet. THAT'S ALL. Canceria got MENTIONED twice, we've never seen Leon or Acquarion or Picon or Scorpion or the other worlds. I presume that Canceron, Aquareon & Picon are mostly ocean. But we don't know. There are never any characters from the other 9 planets (exception-- Baltar was originally from 1 of them I forget which), have never seen the other 9 colonies and are told nothing about them. Does anyone know anything about them? Please fill me in if you can.It's like writing about the United States and only mentioning Texas, New Yorkand California.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

anthem47

[2]Oct 24, 2010
    • level: 6
    Helostwin wrote:

OK I love this series and I adored BSG (even if it did get bogged down at times) but there is one thing I think is sorely lacking--- we know almost NOTHING about most of the Colonies. Both shows concentrated on Caprica because it was the most advanced colonyand also showed Gemnon and Tauron a few times. In one of the miniseries we saw the shipyard in Sagitaria being destroyed as the Pegasus escaped and we saw a passanger liner supposedly orbiting Canceria but didn't see the planet. THAT'S ALL. Canceria got MENTIONED twice, we've never seen Leon or Acquarion or Picon or Scorpion or the other worlds. I presume that Canceron, Aquareon & Picon are mostly ocean. But we don't know. There are never any characters from the other 9 planets (exception-- Baltar was originally from 1 of them I forget which), have never seen the other 9 colonies and are told nothing about them. Does anyone know anything about them? Please fill me in if you can.It's like writing about the United States and only mentioning Texas, New Yorkand California.

The info at the Battlestar wiki is pretty complete, the 12 colonies page is at http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Colonies_(RDM)

Er, by "complete" I mean all the info we have. You're right, it's pretty threadbare in some cases!

Helostwin

[3]Oct 24, 2010
    • level: 17
    Thank you! I'll go look at it right now.