Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The Show Just Needed a Little Time! Stop Bashing it!

Ajclannachan

[1]Feb 28, 2010
    • level: 8

I remember when they remade Battlestar. I remember watching the pilot episode and thinking, this looks like a load of rubbish they should have left well enough alone, but like any series it needed to be given a few episodes to get the scene set and then the great stories lines began to emerge.

After watching the pilot for Caprica I thought great this is going to be class, but after watching the first couple of episodes my confidence began to waver, but just like any other show it has just needed a few episodes to find its feet. This show is going to be great, but if people don't stop bashing it its not going to get the time that it needs.

If u have missed the last few episodes u need to watch them. I am sure u will defo be drawn back into this fantastic show. The New Cap City episode was amazing and I can tell there are better things to come.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ghost_loy

[2]Mar 2, 2010
    • level: 6
    I agree, my only issue with the show is that I don't like waiting to see more

Dec1964

[3]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 33

There's only been 7 episode's so far, you need time to get into it, i love it.

tjaman

[4]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 32
    I think it built to an excellent first season finale, and the second season premiere just confirms that for me. True, we're dealing with a lot of broad, iconic chess pieces rather than fully formed characters, but I think they're weaving in some complexity.

The whole thing doesn't have to be about where do baby Cylons come from, after all.

Helostwin

[5]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 17
    I like it very much. Some of BSG was awful, the second season was like watching a soap opera (Days of My Battlestar)but it ended spectacularly. I actually LIKED the first few eps of Caprica better than the way the first season ended.I hope they keep a lot of emphasis on the teenagers. News flash to BSG >> not everyone on a show should be over 30, societies aren't set up like that. I could do without the blatant Catholic bashing seen in the new season but anything is going to follow that line these days.

aidorrocks

[6]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 10
    i'm loving it so far. maybe not as much as bsg but its still got promise. i think they should spend more time on the main characters/families, i.e. the graystones & adamas. most of the other stuff with the whiney teens is annoying. their only really interesting part is tamara in vworld. stick with the blackmail & nastiness from daniel & joseph, the corporate dealings. that's the most interesting plotline.

Bytor65

[7]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 6

Ajclannachan wrote:

I remember when they remade Battlestar. I remember watching the pilot episode and thinking, this looks like a load of rubbish they should have left well enough alone, but like any series it needed to be given a few episodes to get the scene set and then the great stories lines began to emerge.

I remember watching the BSG pilot and thinking it was mind blowing good. I couldn't wait for the series. They delivered about 2 great seasons before sliding downhill all the way to the end.

I remember watching the Pilot of Caprica and thinking it was quite a terrible soap centered on a whiny annoying girl. I stopped immediately.

That was some time ago and my memories were fading, So I watched ep 9, "End of the line", the highest rated episode on the TV.com.

Wow, my memories of the awfulness of the pilot are completely overshadowed the realities of ep 9. It is truly and stunningly bad. It is like a pretentious film school project trying to be deep and arty. Likewise my memories of how annoying that whiny girl actress playing the "cylon" was also a pale shadow of reality. I would think she alone would be enough to be the kiss of death to any production.

I don't see how any amount of time could fix this ridiculously awful show.

I also dislike Stargate Universe, but at least there I could see ways of making it watchable. Not here.

Helostwin

[8]Oct 13, 2010
    aidorrocks wrote:
    i'm loving it so far. maybe not as much as bsg but its still got promise. i think they should spend more time on the main characters/families, i.e. the graystones & adamas. most of the other stuff with the whiney teens is annoying. their only really interesting part is tamara in vworld. stick with the blackmail & nastiness from daniel & joseph, the corporate dealings. that's the most interesting plotline.

Interesting. Everything you LIKE about Caprica is what I dislike. I want MORE of the "whiny" teens and LESS of the blackmail,nastiness & gangsters. But you don't have to worry because now that Barnabas killed Keon Lacey & Will are the only "WHINY" characters left. All the other human "WHINY" teenagers are dead (I'm sure you approve) and the avitars of Zoe & Tamara might as well be gone; Zoe is boxed, Tamara is lost in the V-World. I really liked the first season but this is getting worse & worse.

aidorrocks

[9]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 10
    Helostwin wrote:
    aidorrocks wrote:

Interesting. Everything you LIKE about Caprica is what I dislike. I want MORE of the "whiny" teens and LESS of the blackmail,nastiness & gangsters. But you don't have to worry because now that Barnabas killed Keon Lacey & Will are the only "WHINY" characters left. All the other human "WHINY" teenagers are dead (I'm sure you approve) and the avitars of Zoe & Tamara might as well be gone; Zoe is boxed, Tamara is lost in the V-World. I really liked the first season but this is getting worse & worse.

i'm not sure why you want to see whiny teens, but thats fair enough if you do. i'll admit that tamara & zoe have an important role in things to come and i like the whole idea of it. but the flashbacks of zoe "hating" her mom are cheesy & cliched. i prefer present zoe to past zoe. lacey, i just don't see the point in her at all, she puts herself in these situations & then cries about being in a bad situation. the anger, sorrow, revenge & downright dirty dealings of daniel graystone & joseph adama are brilliant. portrayed by excellent actors dealing with scenarios & themes that are relevant to real life while set in a magnificently created scifi universe.

how can you not love that?

Helostwin

[10]Oct 14, 2010
    Because I don't like nastiness & backstabbing. I couldn't stand "Survivor" for that reason ( cliques, backstabbing etc). It turns me off. To each their own.

haldrey

[11]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 22
    How many years? Four months of episodes and the show is still on the ground waiting to take off. I have seen better shows cancelled after three or four episodes. Nevertheless in honor of BSG I will keep on watching waiting for the take off.

antdude

[12]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 27
    I give up with Caprica series. I got to S1E11 and then got bored at this point. Where are the frakkin' Cylons and actions (too much drama)? If the series get any better, then I will check out more episodes later on. For now, I am frakkin' out of here.

BaouShotaruga

[13]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 5
    Unfortunately, it doesn't have much time left. I think it's safe now to say that season "1.5" will be the last of it.

I've had a like/dislike with it thus far. I was really hoping to see more of a Cylon history story rather than a backalleys of the colonies story.