Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

These new episodes make no sense

iceman28

[1]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 6

Why the heck is there public outcry to destory the Greystones?

Really, the entire society is against them because their daughter who they don't control was claimed to be a terrorist BY THE MOTHER.

That's right, apprently the mother revealed the her daughter was a terrorist because she wants to admit she is part of it. Ugh, it's just frustrating that they would take this line in the story, because it makes no sense whatsoever.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Invader_of_53

[2]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 7
    They're loved ones have been murdered. These people want the ones responsible. They don't care who steps forward or is thrown on the altar of sacrifice. They're bloodthirsty and people in mass do not think rationally and especially not dispassionately.

Remember the New Caprica storyline when the entire fleet wanted to hang Baltar for allowing the Cylon occupation, even though, as Lee states plainly, there were other people and factors beyond one man's decision when looking figuratively in the barrel of a gun.

Stevio

[3]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 8
    That's the problem with society today. Kids think that their parents shouldn't control them. If you raise your kids properly they don't grow up to be terrorists.

SartaqKhan

[4]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 7
    Yeah, Caprica fell flat and is painfully dull.

ibnuts

[5]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 2
    They make no sense if you're used to reality show drivel or shows that are completely episodic and stand on their own (i.e. no story-arcs). This writing is awesome--and that it can stand alone without the action that was ever-present in BSG shows the talent of the writers.

TeaCake911

[6]Feb 8, 2010
    If the show makes no sense to you maybe you should stick with American Idol, and the other less brain-intensive drivel on TV.

danharr

[7]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 45
    Show makes perfect sense the mother though annoying was freaking out with grief hence her outburst. The show makes no sense to you because you don't like it thread starter and we shouldn't have to deal with your trolling rant because of it.

iceman28

[8]Feb 20, 2010

Wow...It's funny that everyone calls me a lover of reality shows and American Idol drivel because I think the story line they are taking is drivel. Maybe you guys should tape your mouths to the port a potties of the BSG writers and make yourself more transparent.

Listen, I love BSG, but so far Caprica has been grasping at straws with the current arch they are going with.

Yes, I realize the Greystone's daughter was claimed to be responsible for the bombing, but no sane person even in today's society would start attacking the parents WHO REAVEALED THEIR DAUGHTERS INVOLVEMENT just because their kid was a terrorist. It makes zero sense.

And you guy's claiming I need to watch some more reality TV or American Idol maybe you should go watch a sci fi storyline that doesn't stink like the current Caprica storyling. See something like Firefly, BSG or the Star Trek series.

iceman28

[9]Feb 20, 2010

Invader_of_53 wrote:
    They're loved ones have been murdered. These people want the ones responsible. They don't care who steps forward or is thrown on the altar of sacrifice. They're bloodthirsty and people in mass do not think rationally and especially not dispassionately. Remember the New Caprica storyline when the entire fleet wanted to hang Baltar for allowing the Cylon occupation, even though, as Lee states plainly, there were other people and factors beyond one man's decision when looking figuratively in the barrel of a gun.

The BSG reference is completely different from the current Caprica arc. In BSG Baltar was clearly the one who everyone saw making peace with the Cylons while living a normal life while they all suffered. Here the Greystone wife reveals that her daughter is part of the terrorists groups. They aren't alike.

Associating a mother who reveals that her daughter is a terrorist and then attacking the mother is like trying to kill the person who reveals a terrorist plot on today's society because they are related to the person they turned in. It makes no sense.

iceman28

[10]Feb 21, 2010
    Sorry, one more thing, I really like all of the other parts of their current story arc. I just really hate the fact that they are artificially trying to make the Greystone's out to be the bad guys for their own purpose without providing a good enough reason.

Jacks_Son

[11]Feb 21, 2010
    • level: 13
    I think you're missing a HUGE part of the story. Try not to focus so much on the fact that the public blames the Greystone's for their daughter's actions in the Maglev train bombing, but on the fact that the public believes that Greystone Industries' technology is creating a warped teenage population. Greystone Industries invented the Avatar technology and the public is afraid that they're losing their children to a virtual reality

mattgus

[12]Feb 23, 2010
    • level: 14
    i think you are both correct...

mattgus

[13]Feb 23, 2010
    • level: 14
    be nice..no need for that..forums are for this very thing and tolerance is the name of the game...

Jacks_Son

[14]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 13

mattgus wrote:
    be nice..no need for that..forums are for this very thing and tolerance is the name of the game...

Sorry, I don't know to whom this comment is directed, but I believe we were having a very serious discussion WITHOUT any animosity. Just two posters expressing their opinions.

iceman28

[15]Mar 3, 2010

By the way, the newest episode (the one focusing on Tamara in the V world) was fantastic. I'm so glad they stopped focusing on 'prosecuting' the Greystones. The new episode is why I wanted to watch this show, it gives great back story to BSG.

Hungry_Homer111

[16]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 26
    It makes perfect sense. The parents of (who they believed to be) a terrorist are blamed for that terrorist's acts. Why? Because they're the ones who raised Zoe. They're the ones who had a part of her being who she is. And they should have known who their daughter was before the explosion, instead of learning these big elements of her life (like Zoe's role in that organization and the fact that she had a boyfriend) after her death. They could have tried to talk to her, understand her, instead of letting it get that far. As mentioned before, there's a strong need to blame somebody for what happened. So the people who were attacking them were doing so because of the Graystones' bad parenting, which they believe to have caused one of the terrorists to do what she "did." Plus, as Jacks_Son said, there was proof that these terrorists used the technology that Daniel's company created for their own purposes, and a big part of the anger also came from this.

Helostwin

[17]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 18
    There's a great number of people here who simply don't like that adolescent characters (7 of them so far)are the central part of the show.These are the same ones who cheered when Boxey was written out in the fourth ep of BSG. One thing wrong with BSG is every character was over 30. That's completely unrealistic. Also they hate that both BSG & Caprica are anti-technology.