Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

They got the pacing right too late

dooger9

[1]Jan 7, 2011
    • level: 3

I have never wanted to watch more Caprica than I do now. I just finally finished the last episode. I think they were worried that they may be canceled or maybe they already knew when they were finishing up the last 5 episodes, but they finally got the pace to the point it was exciting. Before, everything just moved to slow. I have watched it from the beginning and it was my desire to see how everything turned out that kept me coming back, but at the pace it was going, I thought it may take 58 years to get to the point we understood everything.

Can I also say it was a bit evil that they didn't re-edit the finally so it didn't mention the next season. I mean if they have a plan that could bring it back, maybe an online series, then cool. But if it's dead as dead can be, that was a little evil.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DygitalNinja

[2]Jan 29, 2011
    • level: 11

I couldn't agree with this more. This show had an amazing storyline. The problem was they stuffed about 12 episodes worth of story into a 19 episode season.

I watched the first half of the season liking it, but not being in love with it. But when I bought the boxset and watched it all the way through I was blown away by the final episodes. This show was like nothing else on television, and as I hardcore BSG fan ... I've never EVER been more interested in "what happens next" than when I saw the "shape of things to come" promo

Knowing that the show wad dead was like salting a wound

TheSteelRat

[3]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 10
    dooger9 wrote:

Can I also say it was a bit evil that they didn't re-edit the finally so it didn't mention the next season. I mean if they have a plan that could bring it back, maybe an online series, then cool. But if it's dead as dead can be, that was a little evil.

I think what they did there was similar to when Battlestar Galactica jumped ahead two years when it was covering the humans being prisoner on that planet.
    The Caprica look ahead was *not* showing us what was coming up in the next season - it was jumping ahead, taking us forward in the story. If it carried on it would carry on a few years ahead of where it was left - with the new William ADAMA, robots being everywhere, and Chloe being in a physical skin job body etc. It would not carry right on from the days after the stadium incident.
    I hope the series will carry on .... but if not - then the jump ahead also took us a step closer to the new Battlestar show - Blood and Chrome which follows William ADAMA as a young man during the first cylon war.

Helostwin

[4]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 17
    It's Zoe ( pronounced Zo- ee)not Chloe.

TheSteelRat

[5]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 10

Helostwin wrote:
    It's Zoe ( pronounced Zo- ee)not Chloe.

Oh yes ... Zoe