Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

What do you think of Caprica series so far?

What do you think of Caprica series so far?

antdude

[1]Feb 20, 2010
    • level: 28
    Just curious.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 28
    Tonight's episode got interesting in the second half. I was going to stop watching after this episode, but I think I will stay a little longer to watch more.

Ghost_loy

[3]Mar 2, 2010
    • level: 6
    Awesome.

crash613x

[4]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 4

I really like the whole Adama girl in the virtual world "finding her own" so to speak.

That will be very interesting to see where they take that.

Hungry_Homer111

[5]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 26
    There are a few weaker elements in there (I don't care for the Cylon Zoe scenes that much for example), I am enjoying it. I like the look at the different aspects of the culture(s), including the different forms of entertainment, the differnet beliefs, the look at the Tauron culture, etc. But most importantly, I do enjoy watching the characters as they try to deal with different aspects of their lives (the loss of the daughters and Joseph's wife, the possibility of Zoe being a terrorist, Joseph dealing with William's relationship with his uncle, etc.). Also like the incorperation of the different sci-fi elements. While I don't care for Cylon Zoe, I am interested in seeing where they go with the Cylons as a whole, showing how they got to the point where we saw them in BSG. And the virtual world is an interesting idea, which I'm looking forward to seeing some more. The show does have room for improvement, but considering it's in the early stages, I think it's doing a good job with the different elements. It may not be as good as BSG (at least IMO), but that doesn't mean it isn't good. I did have to get used to it a bit though, especially after the pilot.

Tinkerbellv101

[6]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 8
    I think its interesting... I need to see more to say i love it but overall so far i'm entertained. I waiting for next weeks episode so thats a good sign!

Helostwin

[7]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 18
    I like the fact that there are 7 adolescent characters so far ( Zoe, Ben, Tamara, Lacy, Keon, Will Adama & the kid in the V-world ). One thing I didn't like about BSG is Boxey was written out after the first few episodes. The youngest character was Cally. This is much more realistic, not everyone is over 30 here.

haldrey

[8]Mar 14, 2010
    • level: 22
    Just average, some excellent episodes and other not worth the time. Might be a spin off but it is not even close to the drama in BSG. Last night episode was one of the pretty good ones (3/12).

InvasionFanbOy

[9]Mar 16, 2010

caprica is one of the worste tv series of newer time i have ever seen, period!.... this show even beat stargate unvierse in crappieness, and that says alot.

XileLord

[11]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 2

Teenage drama flick with bad writing/ character development, unlikeable characters, crummy special effects and subpar ratings. This show either steps in and fast forwards to the first cylon war by next season or it wont make it to the third. This is just based on statistics, reviews and most of all ratings.

I'm not asking for full blown action but after watching all 9 episodes it's just a disgrace to the battlestar universe. The guy behind the battlestar series back in the 70's would agree.

Jacks_Son

[12]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 13

I think a lot of the haters secretly enjoy the show but cannot admit it. They watch the show, then post how bad it is, when most people who dislike a show would simply stop watching it. Now, the current excuse for watching the show is because they ENJOY laughing at how bad it is. Completely ignoring the fact that they are wasting an hour of their time watching a show they claim to dislike, when they could be doing something else during that time.

I thought FlashForward was a bad series, so I've stopped watching it. I don't secretly watch it and post to the FF forum about how bad it is. I simply have written the show off and moved on.

I enjoy Caprica, and think that while the series started off slowly, it has picked up the last few episodes and has finished strongly. It explores new ideas and philosophies and has excellent writing, acting, and special effects.

InvasionFanbOy

[13]Apr 8, 2010

i have tryed to watch it after the break again in the hopes it had become better. but sadly not craprica is still a crapfest... this show is going nowhere and have nothing good going, they had the budget and the legacy of battlestar galagtic to build on, but they wasted their chances. sorry to hurt anyones feelings but i gotta be honest.

Helostwin

[14]Apr 8, 2010
    InvasionFanbOy wrote:

i have tryed to watch it after the break again in the hopes it had become better. but sadly not craprica is still a crapfest... this show is going nowhere and have nothing good going, they had the budget and the legacy of battlestar galagtic to build on, but they wasted their chances. sorry to hurt anyones feelings but i gotta be honest.

I THINK THAT THE ENTIRE CAST SHOULD BE 15 YEARS OLD.

InvasionFanbOy

[15]Apr 9, 2010

thats the other problem with it...

estella87

[16]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 14

InvasionFanbOy wrote:

caprica is one of the worste tv series of newer time i have ever seen, period!.... this show even beat stargate unvierse in crappieness, and that says alot.

I honestly doubt that that's even possible.

I only watched the first 2 episodes of Caprica because that Zoe-character was just too annoying, and since she's a main character I guess we won't get rid of her easily (even though she's already been blown up). Maybe I'll continue watching the show sometime in the future, when I've got too much free time...

But I did love Battlestar Galactica (the 2003-version)

Helostwin

[17]Oct 5, 2010
    They had a marathon on today so u could have gotten completely caught up .

desperad007

[18]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 2

I find the whole 'virtual life' of Zoës pretty interesting. I've even used it in several conversations with friends to draw a parralel with our existing modern lives and all the traces we leave behind. The plot is interesting enough to get make me watch but the drama is not always as good as it was in BSG. The parts in which Zoë tries to hang on to her humanity however are very good and I also feel sympathie for her when mankind tries to shut her down as a robot.

Jammet

[19]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 10
    I really like most of the actors in the show. About half of the main cast is very interesting, too, their characters are well thought out and they have all their own reasoning and motivations.

My only problem is the "other half" of the cast. There are some characters in this show that I not simply just "don't like". No, it's worse. I think these characters aren't well acted. Or have been really, really poor picks when it comes to the actors.

Latest example? The "holy mother". This woman barely had any screen time but with that face (tiny mouth, zero expressions, blank look, bland way of speaking), and her very holy glasses, and her very holy outfit, she's a praying cliche. So it all evens out as far as characters go. Since I love the story, I can only say that I enjoy the series overall, so far.

TeaCake911

[20]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 6
    Zoe and New Cap City are reasons enough to vote for "Awesome" alone, and the future promise of the Cylon origin story (which will probably detail the Final 5 Cylons who have been resurrected throughout time within the Caprican/Human society) plus the coming war between humans and artificial life (previewed with Zoe 'virtua-killing' the Clockwork Orange goons) is downright exciting.

As a true BSG fan, I can't help but like Caprica thanks to all of that goodness

slayme3

[21]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 13

Jammet wrote:
    I really like most of the actors in the show. About half of the main cast is very interesting, too, their characters are well thought out and they have all their own reasoning and motivations. My only problem is the "other half" of the cast. There are some characters in this show that I not simply just "don't like". No, it's worse. I think these characters aren't well acted. Or have been really, really poor picks when it comes to the actors. Latest example? The "holy mother". This woman barely had any screen time but with that face (tiny mouth, zero expressions, blank look, bland way of speaking), and her very holy glasses, and her very holy outfit, she's a praying cliche. So it all evens out as far as characters go. Since I love the story, I can only say that I enjoy the series overall, so far.

Jammet - I (long time tv-tomer too) have to disagree with you. That was the great Meg Tilly as The Holy Mother. She had previously retired from acting but came back to do this small part and I thought she did a great job portraying her character in a reserved but troubled manner in this ep. Some of the younger actors with minor parts who are friends with Lacy's character I don't think are very good, but overall I'm very much enjoying the show as well. Right now it is the #1 show I'm looking forward to every week. Great writing, great acting, great storylines, and great sci-fi. The best show currently on Syfy without question IMO.